The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

19 hours ago, brady1993 said:

Whilst he wasn't at his best this season, I just want to point out if you take a look at the number of touches and passes he had whilst on the pitch this season it is much higher than any other striker in the squad (which are all woefully low with Bent, Wilson and Vydra all frequently under 20 touches a match). To me this (along watching when he played) implies he was still trying to get on the ball quite a bit and your statement is not entirely correct.

Understand where you are coming from, but he is paid to put the ball in the net and has declined to do this since April 5th.

We do need to move on without Martin.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, toddy said:

Understand where you are coming from, but he is paid to put the ball in the net and has declined to do this since April 5th.

We do need to move on without Martin.

No we don't. Vydra hadn't put the ball in the net either - did we need to move on without him?!

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No we don't. Vydra hadn't put the ball in the net either - did we need to move on without him?!

You are loyal bloke Roy, good on you but Vydra is a different animal with a lot more to his game than Chris. I honestly think we had seen the best of him and that too many teams had found him out, read his game and knew how to counter his strengths. He wasn't showing much willingness to change what he does. i liked him but things change 

1 minute ago, needles said:

I'd still take Chris Martin over any other two strikers in the squad. 

Over Bent and Blackman? If so I agreed...

18 minutes ago, jono said:

You are loyal bloke Roy, good on you but Vydra is a different animal with a lot more to his game than Chris. I honestly think we had seen the best of him and that too many teams had found him out, read his game and knew how to counter his strengths. He wasn't showing much willingness to change what he does. i liked him but things change 

Vydra has different things to his game - when defenders figure out he has pace will he be finished? Things change I agree and perhaps that's why we should re-assess where the goals will come from. That's the hardest bit and we have a mighty fine goal-scorer and goal assists provider in Martin - £6m or £9m worth of your finest English pounds, but no just toss him aside!

I do honestly get where you're coming from but don't quite agree. Chris scored some great goals in the classic Mac 433 team

with John Eustace  sitting behind Bryson and Hendrick, the pair of them running on to the wiley fountain of chances Chris provided.  That set up was a top 6 championship group. But we are 3 years on. My VHS was great too. 

12 minutes ago, Jon_Grooves said:

I think a lot of you are forgetting that his attitude may have been a factor of why Pearson wanted to get rid of him, and not his current perfomances? He wont be back for Derby

This is the same bloke who thinks Bryson is a deep lying midfielder and Butterfield is a winger, so I won't put too much stock on his opinions.

Archived