Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
unclej

The Wardrobe Watch

Recommended Posts

DEL
35 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

His miss wasn't anywhere near as bad as they were making out, the pass was slightly behind him and too hard for there to be time to recover position!

Exactly. 

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, Ninos said:

It's not confidence. He's always had glaring misses. But his two for Fulham of late (last game and this game) were ultra glaring. Not an accident that he was yanked early by them v qpr in the same way he was yanked by us at burton. Reality is that he needs hundreds of chances to bury just one and he won't have that sort of service unless he has a premier league calibre midfield behind him. He's always been inefficient. Now he's just toast.

Must try harder. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
eddie

Clearly, the left foot doesn't know what the right is doing.

Has he been tested for myxomatosis?

Share this post


Link to post

Martin's a top player, if other teams can't get him playing well or see his value, thats their problem, because we definitely can.

Get him back in January, get his confidence back up and he'll be top class for us again. Gives us the out ball that we've been screaming out for when we're playing at home.

 

Vydra

 Ince           Martin         Anya

Hughes Thorne

Lowe Shackell Keogh Christie

Carson

Thats where I hope this season goes.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, nottingram said:

Genuinely quite bizarre that people seem to be taking pleasure in the fact that he's struggling a bit

A bit? You mean a lot. 

I'll take pleasure when we can extract a decent transfer fee for him. Sadly if he plays football or tries to, his value will drop like brick, as it's doing. Unless that is , he's stuck in front of a fantastic, creative midfield and then he will be okay. As has been said, it was foolish not to take Wolves offer if there really was an offer. Having him back would be lunacy. But it's prob over for him at Fulham : it appears they've given up on him.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Ninos said:

A bit? You mean a lot. 

I'll take pleasure when we can extract a decent transfer fee for him. Sadly if he plays football or tries to, his value will drop like brick, as it's doing. Unless that is , he's stuck in front of a fantastic, creative midfield and then he will be okay. As has been said, it was foolish not to take Wolves offer if there really was an offer. Having him back would be lunacy. But it's prob over for him at Fulham : it appears they've given up on him.

Martin's created more goals for our midfield than they have him 

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, Ninos said:

A bit? You mean a lot. 

I'll take pleasure when we can extract a decent transfer fee for him. Sadly if he plays football or tries to, his value will drop like brick, as it's doing. Unless that is , he's stuck in front of a fantastic, creative midfield and then he will be okay. As has been said, it was foolish not to take Wolves offer if there really was an offer. Having him back would be lunacy. But it's prob over for him at Fulham : it appears they've given up on him.

What's this all about? The fella has been consistently prolific for us, bar this recent spell where there is no one in the side pulling up any trees and hasn't been for a while. 

If his best days are behind him then that's a management decision, but you come across as unnecessarily negative towards a player who has been an integral part of our recent successful periods. 

And he didn't cost a dime... 

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, robglosta said:

What's this all about? The fella has been consistently prolific for us, bar this recent spell where there is no one in the side pulling up any trees and hasn't been for a while. 

If his best days are behind him then that's a management decision, but you come across as unnecessarily negative towards a player who has been an integral part of our recent successful periods. 

And he didn't cost a dime... 

Recent spell, what since April 5th, this is economical with the truth !

At the moment he is not worth a dime!

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, nottingram said:

Genuinely quite bizarre that people seem to be taking pleasure in the fact that he's struggling a bit

Espically when he is still a DCFC player, now I could understand that if he was sold, this is another bonehead Pearson move unless the option is watertight.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Build a team round him? Like we will for Vydra?! Of course you should play to his strengths he scores shedloads of goals and provides lots too - why would we want that! Strikers suffer losses of confidence, see how long it was before Vydra scored, but it's Martin that gets to be the **** one!

I hope he returns if possible in January and we again play to his strengths. Or we could continue to give Blackman a go!

We won't be building a team around vydra like we did for Martin, the whole team was focused so much around him that when he was injured we could no longer play our game, which was to the detriment of the team in the long term- and we're still feeling the effects now of only being able to play one way.

I too hope he returns in January to play alongside vydra, but no longer to be our focal point as he simply isn't that good anymore

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, toddy said:Recent spell, what since April 5th, this is economical with the truth !

At the moment he is not worth a dime!

Vydra had an absolutely horrible spell at Reading, was far less successful than Martin last term but has an excellent record in the Championship. We spent a reported 8.5 million on him.

You're being hyperbolic to a hideous extent to back your own opinion, value of players isn't based entirely on the last 6 months, particularly when 3 of those months weren't spent playing competitive football. Get a grip.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

We won't be building a team around vydra like we did for Martin, the whole team was focused so much around him that when he was injured we could no longer play our game, which was to the detriment of the team in the long term- and we're still feeling the effects now of only being able to play one way.

I too hope he returns in January to play alongside vydra, but no longer to be our focal point as he simply isn't that good anymore

Well said that man! :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Vydra had an absolutely horrible spell at Reading, was far less successful than Martin last term but has an excellent record in the Championship. We spent a reported 8.5 million on him.

You're being hyperbolic to a hideous extent to back your own opinion, value of players isn't based entirely on the last 6 months, particularly when 3 of those months weren't spent playing competitive football. Get a grip.

You will find a certain Vydra has actually found the net since settling into the side and certainly does more on the pitch when playing than Martin has done this season.

Ask a Fulham fan if they are happy with Martin..................over rated but at least over there..........

 

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, toddy said:

You will find a certain Vydra has actually found the net since settling into the side and certainly does more on the pitch when playing than Martin has done this season.

Ask a Fulham fan if they are happy with Martin..................over rated but at least over there..........

There go those goal posts moving again…

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, toddy said:

You will find a certain Vydra has actually found the net since settling into the side and certainly does more on the pitch when playing than Martin has done this season.

Ask a Fulham fan if they are happy with Martin..................over rated but at least over there..........

 

You've missed the point, we bought Vydra for a lot of money after a crap spell because he has a good record.

Martin has a good record but is having a crap spell...he's still worth a lot of money!

He's easily worth the most money out of any player we own, excluding Hughes (who's an anomaly), hence Fulham reportedly paying a few million just to bring him on LOAN let alone buy him.

You're letting your personal opinion get in the way of all the evidence and logic.

Share this post


Link to post

Well he has not scored a goal all season, has not since April 5th last season.

He is worth what somebody wants to pay, as I said earlier if in doubt ask them if he is a good buy?

If he is also a bad influence in the dressing room, would you want he back away?

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.