The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

If Pearson ever has the temerity to come back to Derby in any capacity he should hung, drawn and quartered for letting Martin go. The most stupid decision managerial decision I have seen a Derby manager make since we were relegated from the Premier League.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just saying what I saw ? but I always try and praise the team as a whole and not single out individual players but tbh I wasn't sure how Martin would be with us I was in two minds when the loan move happened when it was announced as a season long deal I was like ok a whole season for him to get it right. Having seen him play a lot for Derby County also, I am pleased on two fronts.  Pleased obviously because I am a Fulham fan but also pleased because I always a saw a good player in him just waiting to emerge again.  

• 3 weeks later...

Heard Chris Martin speak on talksport yesterday . 

Sounds quite settled at Fulham to me. lots of use of "we" instead of more neutral alternatives such as "the team".

If he's scoring regularly then no way will either he or Fulham wish to terminate the deal in my view.

Mac should be assuming that is the case and planning accordingly . 

15 minutes ago, RebelScum said:

Slightly off topic, but why do we call him the wardrobe? I know it's because he falls over a lot but I've never made the connection.

Because your old clothes that don't work for you anymore just sit in a wardrobe and you never see them and end up throwing them out or donating them to a charity shop in north London? :ph34r:

48 minutes ago, Bridgford Ram said:

Redknapp was on Talksport this morning and said that Chris Martin was less likely to score than Raheem Sterling because, 'He is a centre half, although he might come up for corners'.

He was definitely very hands on with the players last year with Wassall then? No wonder he didn't score many if he was only allowed to come up for corners...

1 hour ago, Bridgford Ram said:

Redknapp was on Talksport this morning and said that Chris Martin was less likely to score than Raheem Sterling because, 'He is a centre half, although he might come up for corners'.

He was confused between Russell Martin and Chris Martin which might explain some of our problems last year:blink:

On 05/11/2016 at 11:07, jimbo jones said:

Lovely reverse pass for fulhams second goal last night, anyone else find it a little unsettling watching him play for someone else? At least he won't be playing against us this season (I assume).

If he is bought by Fulham in January he could play in the fixture at the iPro later on in the season.

On 11/11/2016 at 15:40, coneheadjohn said:

Watched him last night.

Wonder if he'll start for Scotland,love to see him score(but not win!).

Always seems a bit short at international level,perhaps thats Strachans system.

yes i watched it certainly putting himself about more at fulham but still doing the penguin flap when he doesnt get the ball

14 minutes ago, barnsley ram said:

yes i watched it certainly putting himself about more at fulham but still doing the penguin flap when he doesnt get the ball

How awful! No wonder he doesn't score many goals nor hardly set any up!

I can't believe the names of strikers and prices we might go for, when we're selling one better than them all (most certainly at this level - which is where we are!).

Archived