The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

Martin was being discussed on SSN as to Scotland's upcoming game and the 4-4-2 was being talked and the panel all said Martin is a player best on his own up top 

They said they expected Strachan to get someone up playing 'alongside him' but not in a 4-4-2 with two strikers, as that was just too risky in international football. They ended by suggesting it should be someone from midfield getting up and supporting him.

38 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

They said they expected Strachan to get someone up playing 'alongside him' but not in a 4-4-2 with two strikers, as that was just too risky in international football. They ended by suggesting it should be someone from midfield getting up and supporting him.

But no Bryson in the squad? 

20 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

But no Bryson in the squad? 

Can't remember who if they suggested a name, but no Bryson. Strachan probably thinks he doesn't need another DM in the squad! Anyway I reckon Chrissy and Burke could hit it off if Strachan picks them.

TBH its getting to the point now where no-one at DCFC mentions Chris that I fear the worst. :(

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

The Martin benched tonight.

Disappointing after Strachen's trolling of the tartan army after the Lithuania game.

Still, hope Anya gets some game time and Alba gu brath!

Very disappointing. Didn't Strachan see Scotland are undefeated with Martin in the side ? 

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I think Anya will flatter to deceive, but I'm sure he'll look keen in the Championship. Glad Chrissy didn't get on wouldn't want Strachans awful choices to reflect on him.

I think a Watford fan said as much when we signed him, although, the same thing is an average championship winger who has the occasional flash of brilliance.

Yeah, everyone wanting Martin out the side, then they humped (it was bad tonight)

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think a Watford fan said as much when we signed him, although, the same thing is an average championship winger who has the occasional flash of brilliance.

Yeah, everyone wanting Martin out the side, then they humped (it was bad tonight)

Aside from Hughes Thorne and maybe Bryson, average championship player with flash of brilliance describes not just Anya but our whole team. 

3 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Aside from Hughes Thorne and maybe Bryson, average championship player with flash of brilliance describes not just Anya but our whole team. 

Maybe so. Which is why the ability of a manager to make a team from the squad is (unsurprisingly) the key.

Is anyone aware of any recall clause in his loan deal?

From my perspective if Fulham have stumped up a £3.5mil or so loan fee I don't feel we would have the option to recall unless Fulham terminate it at a cost to them. 

Either way i think this team would now be better with Martin in and around it especially now Mac is back. Him and Vydra up front also interested me as well but NP was too proud to consider it. 

Archived