The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:
Sounds like there will be more - but he speaks very well. 

He always comes across as an intelligent player. :wub:

Can't imagine why Pearson didn't rate him!  *total idiot emoticon*

I wasn't distraught to see Martin go last season, I thought he was fading and had lost interest.  We had moved on and he probably needed a change of scenery.  Watching that interview however he says that it was more or less apparent that he had fallen out of favour with Pearson and was disappointed to have to leave. 

Looking at him now, he looks fitter, talks a good game and maybe has a point to prove.  Could be his best season as a Ram yet...

On 5 July 2017 at 14:44, maxjam said:

I wasn't distraught to see Martin go last season, I thought he was fading and had lost interest.  We had moved on and he probably needed a change of scenery.  Watching that interview however he says that it was more or less apparent that he had fallen out of favour with Pearson and was disappointed to have to leave. 

Looking at him now, he looks fitter, talks a good game and maybe has a point to prove.  Could be his best season as a Ram yet...

I hope so to. And with Vydra or Nugent working with him we might just have a seriously dangerous old school dual strike force. 

It's no big secret that I'm a big admirer of Chris Martin. The visual evidence clearly illustrates his vision and technical ability and the stats confirm that he is a proven striker is the Championship with very few peers. WIth the outgoing transfers there will be a deal of pressure on Chris to give us bite and end product in the in and around the opponent's penalty area. I think Curtis and Andre will add consistency to the already decent defensive options at the club and I'm really looking forward to seeing what Matel can do playing off Chris Martin. He was slow to find any real form when he joined the club but time and time again he made great runs without anyone of the boys finding him with the ball.  Chris's deft touches with back to goal could mean that we see a very different player this year, likewise Dave Nugent. The final pieces of the jigsaw seem to options on the wings - maybe we could move Johnny right side and find a flyer who can cross to fill the left wing slot. I'd like quality cover for George, and maybe one more old head with a bit of dog in him to shore up the midfield and allow the more attacking mids to adopt a higher line where they can be more of a threat. Of course it's unsettling to see quality players leaving the club but I'm quietly confident that we'll see a more cohesive unit this season. 

COYR

3 hours ago, 86 points said:

It's no big secret that I'm a big admirer of Chris Martin. The visual evidence clearly illustrates his vision and technical ability and the stats confirm that he is a proven striker is the Championship with very few peers. WIth the outgoing transfers there will be a deal of pressure on Chris to give us bite and end product in the in and around the opponent's penalty area. I think Curtis and Andre will add consistency to the already decent defensive options at the club and I'm really looking forward to seeing what Matel can do playing off Chris Martin. He was slow to find any real form when he joined the club but time and time again he made great runs without anyone of the boys finding him with the ball.  Chris's deft touches with back to goal could mean that we see a very different player this year, likewise Dave Nugent. The final pieces of the jigsaw seem to options on the wings - maybe we could move Johnny right side and find a flyer who can cross to fill the left wing slot. I'd like quality cover for George, and maybe one more old head with a bit of dog in him to shore up the midfield and allow the more attacking mids to adopt a higher line where they can be more of a threat. Of course it's unsettling to see quality players leaving the club but I'm quietly confident that we'll see a more cohesive unit this season. 

COYR

Not the first time I've said this but very excited about this season...

Gary already has the basis for a championship winning team as long as he can somehow get them to blend them and get them to gel as a team

And surely the final ingredient is a suitably impressive new shirt

Could this finally be our year to be the best again?

COYR

78971571.jpg

Archived