The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been very outspoken about Martin but for the sake of balance let's not get over excited about pre-season friendlies.

Just because we look significantly better with Martin in the team and he's consistently been one of the best strikers in the league for 4 years doesn't mean he's any good. Otherwise Fulham would have bought him.

2 hours ago, sage said:

Glad he is growing on you and you can now see how well he links up play.

When is he going to Wolves?

Don't not count your chickens just quite yet. Rowett has some culling left to go 

5 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Back down to 1 out of 10 ninos.

Dont let the addiction take hold of you,fella......you were clawing your way out.

Ha! You think if we get a really good offer he will keep him? After letting hughes Ince and Christie go, he will fight to keep Martin? No he wont.

Fulham don't want him and Wolves wont sign him because he's not Portuguese and anyone else would have to stump up enough to buy out his contract and match his wages now that we have a manager who isn't fixated on getting rid of him.

I still struggle to understand Person's determination to have him out even if it's on a lose lose for us basis.....but then I struggled to understand a lot of what Person did.

On 7/12/2017 at 11:14, ollycutts1982 said:

But Martin is leaving, Vydra is useless and Nugent is over 30. :ph34r:

we carnt please everyone lol. i think this season is promising with the 3/4 (bent) this year and now with hudds as well, getting better promotion aspects already .vydra didnt do bad yesterday trying to get the ball in from behind,he needs regular football to get cobwebs off and show he can start justifying his price tag.i carnt see martin leaving after all the hassle last year.we payed for that dearly and he is a proven talisman .now with support around him the goals should start flowing again esp when a very highly talented prospect joins as well.who ever that turns out to be. be hopefull :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Ninos said:

Ha! You think if we get a really good offer he will keep him? After letting hughes Ince and Christie go, he will fight to keep Martin? No he wont.

I'm pretty sure that GR realises,even before the pre season games,that Martin is the lynchpin to our side.....ince scored for himself and Hughes was a luxury that we can do without in our essentially working man's championship side...

Martin and to a lesser extent Nugent(and we need both) pull the rest of the attack together,score plenty of goals themselves and feed the midfield too...

So stop talking nonsense...(again)

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I'm pretty sure that GR realises,even before the pre season games,that Martin is the lynchpin to our side.....ince scored for himself and Hughes was a luxury that we can do without in our essentially working man's championship side...

Martin and to a lesser extent Nugent(and we need both) pull the rest of the attack together,score plenty of goals themselves and feed the midfield too...

So stop talking nonsense...(again)

Lynchpin to our side? When did he say that ? Never. You're just making chit up. Or confusing Rowett with mcclaren. He's pretty much said he wants a lot more players gone, squad reduced. And the only ones we will get offers on are our more marketable ones. 

42 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Lynchpin to our side? When did he say that ? Never. You're just making chit up. Or confusing Rowett with mcclaren. He's pretty much said he wants a lot more players gone, squad reduced. And the only ones we will get offers on are our more marketable ones. 

Have you fitted your todnos goggles again?

And you certainly are the expert on making "chit" up.....volumes 1,2 and 3.

Dream on,Martin's going nowhere.

1 minute ago, BurtonRam7 said:

...and I do think he's right in saying that if a very good offer comes in for Martin then he'll be sold. That applies to every single player in this side, with no exceptions.

As I said but if he doesn't want to go he won't. Aren't we currently seeing plenty of that with the unshiftables!

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

As I said but if he doesn't want to go he won't. Aren't we currently seeing plenty of that with the unshiftables!

Not really, and yes he would. Seems like if we get an offer, Rowett then tells them he's not in our plans and they go. Only players who we know for sure he won't sell are Wisdom Davies and Huddlestone.

Ninos has somehow incited us into travelling back to the Fulham times but without there even being another club involved..

I can only presume that yesterday's reasonableness by him,in respect of Martin,were in fact,influenced by some mind bending hallucinogenics or too many prawn cocktail crisps before bed.

Clearly....

Nobody is without a price on their heads including rowett himself but it's not worth discussing unless;

a)there is a club who wants them and is prepared to pay

b)they want to go

c)the club wants to sell them.

If those three factors surface,then great,let's examine and discuss them but if not....

It's pointless.

2 minutes ago, Ninos said:

... Rowett then tells them he's not in our plans and they go. Only players who we know for sure he won't sell are Wisdom Davies and Huddlestone.

You think he hasn't said that to a few of them already? How can we make them go? I bet if a lower Prem club came in for Davies in January he'd sell.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

You think he hasn't said that to a few of them already? How can we make them go? I bet if a lower Prem club came in for Davies in January he'd sell.

No, i think he's too smart to tell them there're not in his plans BEFORE any club indicates an interest. 

2 hours ago, Ninos said:

No, i think he's too smart to tell them there're not in his plans BEFORE any club indicates an interest. 

I disagree - well not about the smartness - I'm not saying he's stupid

But I do think he's very open and honest - think he'll be working out who he likes and who he doesn't see fitting and will have an honest chat with them - I just genuinely don't think he has yet - Probably deciding on Weimann, Anya and Blackman - Judging whether Bennett is ready to take one of those spots properly or not? 

Who knows though...

Archived