The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

16 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Someone should probably check up on Toddy and Ninos after Martin's goal tonight. We should check how recently their Chris Martin dart board was used as an indication. 

Think they are hibernating for the winter

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting to see they seem to have gone 4-2-3-1 but instead of Martin playing the number 10 as some suggested I get the impression that Nugent played there?

Also - Chrissy Startin'

Have been wanting to say that all morning but no-one is in the office yet and/or would understand

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

Interesting to see they seem to have gone 4-2-3-1 but instead of Martin playing the number 10 as some suggested I get the impression that Nugent played there?

Also - Chrissy Startin'

Have been wanting to say that all morning but no-one is in the office yet and/or would understand

Nugent is a real  handful 

Nugent, Martin and Vydra can all play as the 9 or 10.

Fantastic news for us because they can switch it up during the game, gives us a lot of attacking versatility. Excited about those three all playing together this season, it's a automatic promotion calibre strike-force in my eyes.

I've got a feeling none of them will hit 20 for the season but as long as they get about 40 between them then we're looking good.

25 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Fantastic news for us because they can switch it up during the game, gives us a lot of attacking versatility. Excited about those three all playing together this season, it's a automatic promotion calibre strike-force in my eyes.

I've got a feeling none of them will hit 20 for the season but as long as they get about 40 between them then we're looking good.

But Martin is leaving, Vydra is useless and Nugent is over 30. :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

I think we forget that during the 13/14 season Mac would regularly shift and replace the front line during matches to change the direction of our attack...admittedly martin normally remained on the pitch but I suspect that GR will be doing the same.

12 hours ago, McLovin said:

Martin's always been a player that needs runners around him. Without runners he becomes one big useless lump up front but get players around him like Nugent and he's a big asset imo.

Less isolation= a less frustrated Martin

Agree with this but most Strikers need support in some shape or form, it's not restricted to Martin alone. He is as complete a forward as you'll see at this level but yes he needs options and support.

His game (our game) requires a good transfer of the ball through midfield and numbers in advance positions making runs and giving options. Martin will thrive in a high press and high tempo as long as he has runners and good service.

17 hours ago, Andicis said:

Someone should probably check up on Toddy and Ninos after Martin's goal tonight. We should check how recently their Chris Martin dart board was used as an indication. 

Thought he was very good ... but he's always shown he can take down Mickey Mouse defences. And he did. Thought Vydra had an utter nightmare, and Russell o dear ... but am extremely concerned now we've lost Ince Hughes and Christie - 3 talented creators who will all be shining stars on their new teams. Gonna miss the flair of all three ...

Pub team by toddy and Mickey mouse by ninos!!.......scratching around a bit to put a downer on Chrissie aren't you lads,as well as being disrespectful to Kidderminster who were good enough to give us an extended training session.

I suppose you have been good enough put some faint praise in there too ninos.........must of hurt,so credit where it's due.

16 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Pub team by toddy and Mickey mouse by ninos!!.......scratching around a bit to put a downer on Chrissie aren't you lads,as well as being disrespectful to Kidderminster who were good enough to give us an extended training session.

I suppose you have been good enough put some faint praise in there too ninos.........must of hurt,so credit where it's due.

It didn't hurt I'm very pleased if he does well. But he has far less support now than before. What hurt was watching our 8m man Vydra put on a performance like that. Shocking. I'm very very concerned about this team and no doubt GR is too : Martin & Nugent should be good but we need far more quality around them because Weismann Blackman bent Vydra and Russell are really very poor subs for Hughes and ince. Far too many poor and average players. And time is running out !

10 minutes ago, Ninos said:

It didn't hurt I'm very pleased if he does well. But he has far less support now than before. What hurt was watching our 8m man Vydra put on a performance like that. Shocking. I'm very very concerned about this team and no doubt GR is too : Martin & Nugent should be good but we need far more quality around them because Weismann Blackman bent Vydra and Russell are really very poor subs for Hughes and ince. Far too many poor and average players. And time is running out !

I honestly think you say some of this stuff to wind people up. You speak no sense at all. Ince and Hughes' replacements aren't at the club yet. And Rowett hasn't even started the new season and you're moaning. Honestly think you'd be better supporting a Cricket team instead of football, you clearly haven't got the knowledge or common sense to be a reasonable fan. 

Also, "time is running out!" It really isn't though is it? We still have over 6 weeks left of the transfer window. 

Enjoy the summer and enjoy whatever holiday you have. Hopefully you'll come back a better fan. 

Probably not though. 

1 minute ago, TomInceOnFire said:

It really isn't though is it

Yes it is. If Rowett has a start like Pearson, you think he will survive ? Without player quality he's relying on his pressing tactics and his hard work / fitness to sail us through games. Granted it's preseason game 1 but that squad as it's constructed won't compete for a playoff spot. So yes time is running out to get the right player balance. 

He wanted to cut players but has found out that no one wants our older underperforming players. No one.

Just now, Ninos said:

Yes it is. If Rowett has a start like Pearson, you think he will survive ? Without player quality he's relying on his pressing tactics and his hard work / fitness to sail us through games. Granted it's preseason game 1 but that squad as it's constructed won't compete for a playoff spot. So yes time is running out to get the right player balance. 

He wanted to cut players but has found out that no one wants our older underperforming players. No one.

Rowett has already signed the same amount of players Pearson did in his time here. He still has about seven weeks until the window closes. Plenty of time.

4 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

I honestly think you say some of this stuff to wind people up. You speak no sense at all. Ince and Hughes' replacements aren't at the club yet. And Rowett hasn't even started the new season and you're moaning. Honestly think you'd be better supporting a Cricket team instead of football, you clearly haven't got the knowledge or common sense to be a reasonable fan. 

Also, "time is running out!" It really isn't though is it? We still have over 6 weeks left of the transfer window. 

Enjoy the summer and enjoy whatever holiday you have. Hopefully you'll come back a better fan. 

Probably not though. 

So far - I've watched 3 excellent young players - core to Derbys flair - be sold. I'm watching him add old players (and one non flair player) who will have zero resale value and questionable ambition at this late stage in their careers.  Of course I'm concerned. Forget winding other people up im officially wound up about our football and our chances this season. 

3 minutes ago, TomInceOnFire said:

Rowett has already signed the same amount of players Pearson did in his time here. He still has about seven weeks until the window closes. Plenty of time.

Don't waste the effort typing to this guy mate. Talks utter nonsense 24/7

36 minutes ago, Ninos said:

So far - I've watched 3 excellent young players - core to Derbys flair - be sold. I'm watching him add old players (and one non flair player) who will have zero resale value and questionable ambition at this late stage in their careers.  Of course I'm concerned. Forget winding other people up im officially wound up about our football and our chances this season. 

You really are clueless about football if this is the case. Go have a whisky and stop talking rubbish.

4 minutes ago, Ninos said:

It's probably more to do with the fact that they are on over inflated wages/contracts. This is probably a bigger factor in moving them on than other teams actually not wanting them. Depends too which particular players you are referring to.

Archived