The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

It's probably more to do with the fact that they are on over inflated wages/contracts. This is probably a bigger factor in moving them on than other teams actually not wanting them. Depends too which particular players you are referring to.

Right but that's a factor in them not getting moved. Bent Butterfield Blackman Weimann Vydra Olsson ... prob aren't going to want to take pay cuts as you say.  He's stuck unless within a month he just releases them with major compensation. Is that a possibility ?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Right but that's a factor in them not getting moved. Bent Butterfield Blackman Weimann Vydra Olsson ... prob aren't going to want to take pay cuts as you say.  He's stuck unless within a month he just releases them with major compensation. Is that a possibility ?

I think the only way GR can deal with a player he doesn't want is to be upfront and tell that player. If that player is happy to just sit there on his contract then just freeze him out of the squad. It will soon show if that player is a mercenary or has a desire to showcase his talents elsewhere. 

18 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Don't waste the effort typing to this guy mate. Talks utter nonsense 24/7

17 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

You really are clueless about football if this is the case. Go have a whisky and stop talking s**t.

Classic RP.. A minute after posting advising not to reply to @Ninos you do exactly that.

Just made me smile..

I am not sure anyone is 'clueless' about football, just a different opinion is all.

6 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Nugent, Martin and Vydra can all play as the 9 or 10.

Fantastic news for us because they can switch it up during the game, gives us a lot of attacking versatility. Excited about those three all playing together this season, it's a automatic promotion calibre strike-force in my eyes.

I've got a feeling none of them will hit 20 for the season but as long as they get about 40 between them then we're looking good.

I'll be surprised if all 3 play together on a regular basis - more likely perm 2 from 3 with the other on the bench.

12 minutes ago, Ninos said:

It is BUT

1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I think the only way GR can deal with a player he doesn't want is to be upfront and tell that player. If that player is happy to just sit there on his contract then just freeze him out of the squad. It will soon show if that player is a mercenary or has a desire to showcase his talents elsewhere. 

I think a good few of those guys have shown already across their careers that they're not happy unless they're playing - Bent came to us originally for that reason - Weimann went out on loan with a view to move for that reason - Vydra has had 2/3 loan moves to get football - And the others don't strike me as guys who want to sit around milking a paycheck particularly

Plus - I would imagine those guys are all going to be fringe players rather than frozen out

5 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

I am not sure anyone is 'clueless' about football, just a different opinion is all.

I've seen this one bloke who may be clueless - Think his name was Nigel - Big bloke, grey hair, weird half-crazed-animal-like look in his eyes...

You can't read into pre-season games either way, whether a player looks crap or great. Anyone else remember Medi Adalimba scoring an overhead kick in pre-season?

Relax and give all three of our strikers that have scored 20 goals in a championship season a bit of time...

3 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

I'll be surprised if all 3 play together on a regular basis - more likely perm 2 from 3 with the other on the bench.

Rowett's said he wants to mix it up a bit, wouldn't be surprised if it's Martin and Vydra one game, then Vydra and Nuge the next. Whoever's sub is more likely to get 30 mins than previous sub strikers were, just because there's two positions they can play in now.

7 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

It is BUT

I think a good few of those guys have shown already across their careers that they're not happy unless they're playing - Bent came to us originally for that reason - Weimann went out on loan with a view to move for that reason - Vydra has had 2/3 loan moves to get football - And the others don't strike me as guys who want to sit around milking a paycheck particularly

Plus - I would imagine those guys are all going to be fringe players rather than frozen out

I get what you're are saying in reference to the players you/Ninos mentioned. I was talking more generally. I'm sure there are players in that squad that GR doesn't want or he thinks won't fit into his plans. He possibly had a chat with Camara along those lines. No doubt as the window draws closer then he's gonna have to have a few more of those chats.

17 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I've seen this one bloke who may be clueless - Think his name was Nigel - Big bloke, grey hair, weird half-crazed-animal-like look in his eyes...

Sounds like that bloke who absolutely smashed the championship with Leicester then kept them in the premier league 

30 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Classic RP.. A minute after posting advising not to reply to @Ninos you do exactly that.

Just made me smile..

Honestly I don't think I've read one of his posts AR so dont know what he does or think to be able to agree with you. Just see the name and skip. Dull?  Seems like he reads all :thumbsup:my stuff which means that although I'm clueless I'm perhaps interesting? Note to self : Be thankful for small mercies lol. 

2 hours ago, Ninos said:

Thought he was very good ... but he's always shown he can take down Mickey Mouse defences. And he did. Thought Vydra had an utter nightmare, and Russell o dear ... but am extremely concerned now we've lost Ince Hughes and Christie - 3 talented creators who will all be shining stars on their new teams. Gonna miss the flair of all three ...

Sign Huddlestone - as good a passer as Hughes.

Job done.

Don't forget last night was mixed teams. I can't imagine either back 4 being what it was last night. More like

wisdom Keogh Davies fozzy

midfield 2 of Thorne (if fit) Bryson 

front three of 

Russell nugent weimann

martin up top.

new players will change that, maybe one of weimann or Russell to drop out and Bryson or Thorne depending. These were the best players last night out of the 2 mixed teams imo.

2 hours ago, wixman1884 said:

I got an email today from the club shop warning me that the squad numbers hadn't been announced and that I may want to reconsider my MARTIN 9 shirt in case it changes before the start of the season. 

Not a chance :wub:

<toddy>

Was that the Wolves or Fulham club shop?

</toddy>

18 hours ago, Doodle said:

Sounds like that bloke who absolutely smashed the championship with Leicester then kept them in the premier league 

*Yawn*

Heard that before - If you are STILL a Pearson apologist after last season then that's your own psychological problem opinion

34 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

*Yawn*

Heard that before - If you are STILL a Pearson apologist after last season then that's your own psychological problem opinion

He had an awful time at Derby no doubt, I was very happy with his appointment but was proven wrong. But like Clements time at Swansea has shown, looking clueless as Derby doesn't mean you are Clueless. There was and I hope I use the word was in the correct tense, something rotten within Derby County at the time. But he certainly isn't clueless as his previous and I predict future record proves 

11 minutes ago, Doodle said:

He had an awful time at Derby no doubt, I was very happy with his appointment but was proven wrong. But like Clements time at Swansea has shown, looking clueless as Derby doesn't mean you are Clueless. There was and I hope I use the word was in the correct tense, something rotten within Derby County at the time. But he certainly isn't clueless as his previous and I predict future record proves 

I think he's the new Paul Jewell - I think he'll get another job or two and do horribly and then fade away into obscurity/get locked up for starting a fight with a chicken

I know a couple of Leicester fans who maintain that the season they got promoted the only reason it happened was injuries to players Pearson wanted to play - They say his starting team that season was un-adventurous, dour and not very good - It was only injuries which meant the decent players had to step in and then they started playing better

Obviously only ever saw them play us that season but the first half of the season does seem to be single goal wins - It was only mid-December they started hitting people hard and broke away at the top

I just think he's the classic mold of British manager who isn't really shrewd enough to know how to change his style or understand that different groups of players need different approaches

1 hour ago, Doodle said:

Playing Bryson at holding midfield makes you clueless 

Archived