The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, coneheadjohn said:

Can I be awkward and add I love Chris Martin to number 2 please?

Misread this as "I'd love a Chris Martin no 2".

Struggle to love it when it begins, but gives defenders the slip well enough, goes down well, and you miss it once it's gone!

Leaves residue for months after, though.

Not sure why people are envisaging Martin leading the line next season wirh Vydra in behind.

Vydra isn't a number 10 at all. He isn't a creative player. He's purely a poacher and pretty much a younger, quicker version of Darren Bent.

If anything, you'd want Martin as a player dropping deeper and ready to thread the passes through to Vydra, similar to what Troy Deeney did at Watford.

12 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Not sure why people are envisaging Martin leading the line next season wirh Vydra in behind.

Vydra isn't a number 10 at all. He isn't a creative player. He's purely a poacher and pretty much a younger, quicker version of Darren Bent.

If anything, you'd want Martin as a player dropping deeper and ready to thread the passes through to Vydra, similar to what Troy Deeney did at Watford.

It's very fortunate for us then that we know Martin can do that. Did it at Norwich with Grant Holt very well before he got injured.

Think people are basing it on the fact that Martin didn't mind dropping deep in the past and Vydra will just move beyond him if he does drop deep.

Would be a very fluid system to go for and could cause havoc for opposition defenders. Move with Martin to put pressure on him and find Vydra flying past into the space you just vacated. 

8 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Misread this as "I'd love a Chris Martin no 2".

Struggle to love it when it begins, but gives defenders the slip well enough, goes down well, and you miss it once it's gone!

Leaves residue for months after, though.

In terms of sport memorabilia a Chris Martin number 2 is propabably not so great.

"He's looking forward to coming back, and being part of what we're doing..

"I've read some reports recently that I'm imminently going to sell him, that's certainly not the case... I know there's been some reports around walls that people saying we can sign him, I've got no problem with that but the player's got to want to go there, all we can do is let the players know our plans for them going forward..

"Chris had a good conversation, told him one or two things we'd like to try and do next year, told him how he's part of that, he seemed enthused."

3 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

"He's looking forward to coming back, and being part of what we're doing..

"I've read some reports recently that I'm imminently going to sell him, that's certainly not the case... I know there's been some reports around walls that people saying we can sign him, I've got no problem with that but the player's got to want to go there, all we can do is let the players know our plans for them going forward..

"Chris had a good conversation, told him one or two things we'd like to try and do next year, told him how he's part of that, he seemed enthused."

Thought he said Wolves, on about Weimann?

Archived