The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

5 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I don't think anyone is better than Martin with what Martin does and the way he plays. I just wonder whether that's what Rowett wants. I haven't a clue and I guess he's the only one that really does.

I'm not entirely sure that Derby know all that Martin does do we, so lets hope Rowett tries to find out.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Nugent, Vydra, Ince plus maybe one "young and hungry" addition (read: cheaper wage bracket) seem more than capable of scoring enough goals between them at this level when used effectively.

Really? I'll give you Ince though.

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Really? I'll give you Ince though.

Yeah sure, why not! Of course, what we see from them in the remaining games of the season under Rowett will no doubt be a glimpse of (any) things to come.

Let's look at it another way, if we look to sell him it would be madness to sell to another championship club, wouldn't it? So you'd be needing to sell to a prem club which, even as a Martin fan, I couldn't see anyone taking the risk on him. On that basis alone I can't see Rowett looking to sell him, as you will just be benefitting someone else. Which is the problem we have sending him out on loan now! 

Martin is our player and until we get someone better we will stick with him and to be honest looking at the way we attacked in the second half against the red dogs he would have a great season with us as Martin Ince Vydra Russell is a great selection choices with nugent to help out and if we do end up playing 15-20 yards further forward all the forward players will return much higher scoring returns 

But £3m!  If that is true then our recruitment experts are useless whether that is buying, selling or loaning.  Who the f decides this sort of deal because they need to move to another career more suited to their skill set

Super Chrissy Martin. (Tartan Army booed him on!!!)

I was on the megabus to and from Glasgow with some of the Tartan Army into watch The Wedding Present Radio 6 Live at Broadcast. Proudly wearing my Derby County Navy Blue Polo Shirt and I met a fellow Rams fan at the gig.

Gordon Strachan comments on some fans not understanding football, like him not understanding cricket, (the boo boys, that booed Kenny Daglish, Alan Hansen, Gary McCallister and a good club for CM to be in etc)

Super Chrissy Martin

The Wedding Present - The Tartan Army Are Daft, But Chris Martin's In Your Team

On 25/03/2017 at 12:30, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Martin didn't screamed at SS lol, he was only saying fooking get in there. He is here next season. 

Incorrect. I was so close to him he covered me in spit. I remember every word he said and it wasnt pleasant. 

33 minutes ago, unclej said:

Incorrect. I was so close to him he covered me in spit. I remember every word he said and it wasnt pleasant. 

Good, exactly the sort of emotion I want to see from our players. Unfortunate for you in this instance mind. Whilst obviously not aimed at you, I don't see a problem with him giving some back, he gets his fair share. Same with Ince, Baird, Christie. 

Dont really get why our fan base are so precious about incidents like this in general despite being just as harsh and bitter. 

We're all human beings, if I got put down at work as much as some footballers do I'd go absolutely mental when I proved people wrong. 

I reckon everyone who participates in this thread needs a badge

1) I love Chris Martin .. He is God incarnate

2) Chris Martin is a very clever footballer who can't sprint very fast, looks mardy, falls over too often but scores goals with monotonous regularity. 

3) I think Chris Martin is a lumbering also ran and we should cash in while we can. 

I am a 2 

Was really pleased to see him get his goal last night. Thought the keeper could have done better but still a tidy finish.

Now, I won't be saying anything that hasn't been said already.

How anyone doesn't rate Chris Martin is beyond me. How anyone doesn't see what a clever player he is, is beyond me. How anyone doesn't rate him as a pure goal scorer is beyond me and how anyone doesn't want him back at the club is beyond me as well.

That would most certainly include Mr Rowett, I'd have that down as a fairly big mistake If he doesn't want him back.

I'm struggling to name 3 strikers currently playing the championships who have scored more goals than Chris has since 2013.  Why wouldn't you want that playing for your club? Manager, chairman, fans, players, surely they should all want him back.

Its an odd one for me .. In his pomp 13/14 with Bryosn and Hendrick running at him he was exceptional but some teams understood how to nulify us and he did seem a bit one trick pony despite his stats. But having gone to Fulham and delivered the goods you can see there is more to his game. What we saw was how Mac got results out of him but that isn't his only play.

having seen how a player with some hold up skills like Nuge can benefit our effectiveness in the box I am now drooling at the prospect of CM with Vydra Nuge or Ince buzzing behind him rather than the Hendrick Bryson duo.

24 minutes ago, jono said:

2) Chris Martin is a very clever footballer who can't sprint very fast, looks mardy, falls over too often but scores goals with monotonous regularity. 

3) I think Chris Martin is a lumbering also ran and we should cash in while we can. 

I am a 2 

I'm a 2 also

30 minutes ago, jono said:

I am a 2 

Can I be awkward and add I love Chris Martin to number 2 please?

Archived