The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

To me it sounds all but certain Martin is coming back. Which I am over the moon about, love him or hate him we haven't had a better striker in years.

Username aside, I think it would make great deal of sense to not offer Darren Bent a new contract and get Martin back.

Big fan of Darren's goals, his overall play, though, leaves much to be desired. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, Dazza B said:

To me it sounds all but certain Martin is coming back. Which I am over the moon about, love him or hate him we haven't had a better striker in years.

Username aside, I think it would make great deal of sense to not offer Darren Bent a new contract and get Martin back.

Big fan of Darren's goals, his overall play, though, leaves much to be desired. 

i would tend to agree, martin, nugent and vydra should be enough.

15 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/chris-martin-part-of-my-future-plans-says-derby-county-boss-gary-rowett/story-30232944-detail/story.html

Chris Martin part of my future plans, says Derby County boss Gary Rowett

"I had a good conversation with Chris in the week," said the Rams boss.

"I think he is looking forward to coming back and being part of what we are doing.

"I have read some reports recently that I am going to imminently sell him. That is certainly not the case.

"With Chris, it was a case of: 'Look, we can't wait to get you back. Hopefully, you are looking forward to coming back. You are Derby County's player until someone says otherwise'.

"I told him one or two things that we would like to try to do next year and told him how we see him as part of that - and he seemed really enthused by what we were talking about."

So not really certain GR wants him? Oh well he'll have to lump it cos Chrissy wants to be back and being booed by the Derby fans! :p

5 hours ago, toddy said:

Don't know where you have been since September, but in in Fulham's court, Derby County have no say in the matter.......

Fulham can buy him for £6 million and then sell him on for £8 million to Wolves or whoever, as long as Martin gets his cut he will be happy..... 'the plot thickens' :D

It's not just the plot that is getting thicker. :poke:

2 hours ago, David said:

After the contract signed Fulham said the situation hasn't changed, now I know nobody wants to believe a word they say but they didn't return him, maybe in hope they could convince him to stay? 

Obviously hasn't worked out and it sounds to me Rowett is talking from positive talks with Martin who has confirmed he's still coming back.

I honestly can't see Martin staying at Fulham promotion or not as well, but I've seen nothing to suggest they don't have the option there still. 

I guess we will have to wait and see. Having never been involved in any kind of football deal, I can only speculate and base my assumptions on what you would expect. 

For me if Fulham even wanted to spend that 6 million or whatever on a player who clearly doesn't want to play for them, then it's just out of stubbornness and would be the biggest waste of money ever. Why they would want him now after everything, would just perplex me. 

The only way Martin won't come back is if 

a- Fulham activate the buy out clause already agreed of £6 mil

b- Fulham offer him more money than Derby currently pay him

c- Martin signs on the dotted line.

all of the above need to happen. As it currently stands I can't see it happening.the only way the above would happen is if Fulham get promotion but would they take the risk?

Can't wait for next season... Martin coming back, Happy Clappers County will win the league by Xmas. What else could happen, it's written on this forum.

Im going to buy two season tickets I'm that excited. Guaranteed success, the Derby Way... Backwards.

8 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Can't wait for next season... Martin coming back, Happy Clappers County will win the league by Xmas. What else could happen, it's written on this forum.

Im going to buy two season tickets I'm that excited. Guaranteed success, the Derby Way... Backwards.

It's alright saying that but let's look at it another way. Look at how many late goals we have conceded this season. Yes some of that is poor defending but some of it is also because we lack someone who can hold up the ball in the final third so you can stop the bombardment. If we stop that, then defenders can get back into shape, you can stop the panic when teams do attack as defenders have time to get their positioning. We need that player desperately and there is no one in that team currently who can do it, so what are your options? Buy someone? That's another few million there. Or do you bring someone back who you already have to provide that role? I've not even mentioned the goals he scores and produces here and I can still provide a half decent argument about why it's logical to bring him back 

12 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Not sure anyone thinks that.

As one of the more vocal advocators for Martin to return, it is more about getting a striker back who can score goals, link up play and damn good footballer back into our squad. I would certainly rather have Martin sitting on our bench than starting for another team (as it appears so would Fulham)

I don't see him as a messiah, yes he is one of my favourite players, a player I have enjoyed watching playing for Derby for the past 3 seasons, but I know that his return does not guarantee anything. 

18 minutes ago, rynny said:

As one of the more vocal advocators for Martin to return, it is more about getting a striker back who can score goals, link up play and damn good footballer back into our squad. I would certainly rather have Martin sitting on our bench than starting for another team (as it appears so would Fulham)

I don't see him as a messiah, yes he is one of my favourite players, a player I have enjoyed watching playing for Derby for the past 3 seasons, but I know that his return does not guarantee anything. 

Masterpiece!

11 minutes ago, rynny said:

I never need to write another post here again. :lol:

Who is that cheering?

Me, so you stop stealing my ideas and presenting them in a more user friendly manner!

We don't need a new wardrobe, just need to decorate the room it is in.

4 hours ago, David said:

Can you really see them doing that though?

Having already taken a £3m hit, are they going to risk spending another £6m in the hope they can turn a profit. 

I mean he's a poor striker right? Doesn't offer anything, what club will spend over £9m on Martin? Toddy was trying to convince us a few pages back he's only worth £3m now after such a poor season he's had with just 10 goals.

Right but at that point he'd be ipso facto a premier league player and automatically command a bigger fee. Wages are wages.  Its grudge time If they can get 6m + they'll buy and sell. If Tony Khan and co can buy him and move him on they'll do it - they are on record as being extremely displeased with DCFC saying that we aren't people of our word and we are without honour. They claim to have no issue with Martin but they won't do us any favours 

9 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Right but at that point he'd be ipso facto a premier league player and automatically command a bigger fee. Wages are wages.  Its grudge time If they can get 6m + they'll buy and sell. If Tony Khan and co can buy him and move him on they'll do it - they are on record as being extremely displeased with DCFC saying that we aren't people of our word and we are without honour. They claim to have no issue with Martin but they won't do us any favours 

You should write stories for a living.

1 hour ago, rynny said:

taxi-drive-clap.gif.42f993c4800274f76e449e78f9645709.gif

14 minutes ago, Ninos said:

But why would Martin agree to sign for someone to sign for someone else? What is to stop Martin from scuppering the second part of their plan? Signs for Fulham then refuses to sign for someone else? Bit screwed then aren't they, and do you really think it is a risk they are willing to take?

22 minutes ago, Ninos said:

images_zpsvvx3dpih.jpg

34 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Martin's fee doesn't automatically go up overnight as he becomes a Premier League player, this isn't a football video game, his valuation will go up with performances on the pitch.

Are Fulham really going to that petulant to play a player they don't want, hope he performs so they can turn a profit?

If Fulham go up £3m is peanuts to write off as a bad deal, Tony Khan will wipe his arse with that in the morning.

I get you're desperate for Martin not to return and that's fine but all this pie in the Sky stuff is silly.

IF and it's a big IF Martin stays at Fulham it will be because they want him as a player in their squad and Martin wants to be a part of that.

Archived