The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, RAMalicious said:

Actually custard has a property in it that makes it better than kevlar at stopping bullets. That's why you can run on it too. So it makes our Chris "as hard as custard".

If this is true then how do Custrad Creams work?

I can see the reasoning behind us looking at our options in regards to selling Martin.

Under McClaren, Martin signed a big fat contract with big fat wages. But now there's a change of attitude and Rowett's been told we have a big fat squad with big fat wages and that we need to sort it out before we get in big fat trouble.

So maybe it's a case of there being 5/6 other players in this newly defined 'top tier' wage bracket that Rowett considers indispensable? Martin would be great to have, but is he that vital to Rowett's vision going forward considering our current attacking options he's coaching at Moor Farm?

11 minutes ago, RAMalicious said:

Actually custard has a property in it that makes it better than kevlar at stopping bullets. That's why you can run on it too. So it makes our Chris "as hard as custard".

I think I'd rather have a Big Daddy suit, if I'm being shot at!

29 minutes ago, toddy said:

The deal to Fulham was for £6 million [3 million loan deal as well].

Link? 

£9m is the fee in the media, £3m loan fee and £6m to complete

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/transfer-talk-derby-county-striker-chris-martin-to-join-fulham-in-9m-deal/story-29968569-detail/story.html

Mac wanted to try and bring Martin back in January and the club mistakely offered Martin a contract extention plus double your money [allegedly £30,000 a week] which is roughly £1.5 million a year.

In your opinion and any link to these alleged wages?

20 minutes ago, toddy said:

He cannot actually hold down the CF position at a club that is struggling for fit forwards to play.

Fulham play one striker, Sone Aluke is in form, not injured and playing up top for them. 2 goals, 4 assists, man of the match in his last 5. Expect him to be up for player of the month award.

12 hours ago, Alpha said:

I've met Duracell. He's a fine looking fella like my mate Dave from work

Dave has a hot Italian girlfriend. 

I says to Dave, but Dave you're ginger.

He says, but you have a small penis, no muscles and can't grow a beard yet you found not only a bird but a bird that married you.

I said fair enough Dave. 

The morale of those tale is thus...

We all wish we could change things about ourselves but must remember there's someone out there for all of us.

God loves us all. 

I'm drinking btw. 

You're a ********

6 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Martin would be great to have, but is he that vital to Rowett's vision going forward considering our current attacking options he's coaching at Moor Farm?

Which 'options' do we currently have that are better than Martin?

On 26/03/2017 at 11:11, ramjit said:

Anything that doesn't involve a Fulham player???

Or you could avoid the thread that talks about our player that is out on loan, and let the people who wish to discuss Chris Martin do so?:thumbsup:

It wouldn't surprise me if Gary Rowett is not a fan of Martin, and if so that he might be sold early in the Summer so he can finance a mini-spending spree.

But all you Martin Fans don't despair. It would not surprise me either if Rowett is gone by October, replaced by McClaren, who will convince Mel to sign Martin again in January (for £50k p.w.), only for McClaren to be gone by February. Events after that would be pure speculation on my part.

Honestly, I'm as big a Martin fan as they come. But if Rowett thinks change is needed and he's not a part of that, fine.

But he's just signed a new deal and he's not lost a step in the way he plays. He still has everything he had in his best moments for us.

So if Rowett wants rid, I'll back that. But we've got to get the right price for him. Sam Rush came in 4 years ago and promised to make us more ruthless in the transfer market. Let's keep to that. We're going to need the money for the rebuild.

Of course, personally, I still think he's worth keeping though. 

5 minutes ago, DRBee said:

Evidence or reasons would be good if you want to post this view and show it's not based on what YOU think of Martin.

Evidence and reasons? This is a football forum not the Nuremberg War Trials. Jog on.

33 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Gary Rowett is not a fan of Martin, and if so that he might be sold early in the Summer so he can finance a mini-spending spree.

Ahhhhh the speculator's speculator... Love it...

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Nugent, Vydra, Ince plus maybe one "young and hungry" addition (read: cheaper wage bracket) seem more than capable of scoring enough goals between them at this level when used effectively. I don't think we'd miss Martin as much as we think next season.

Also, say you have room for 6 "top earners" at the club, and at least two are in that list I mentioned above, would you really want to give another top earner place to a third striker, or have the big bucks spread evenly elsewhere in the squad?

Don't get me wrong - I'm a big Martin fan, think he's quality. But I'm just saying I could see why removing him from the squad is being considered and not immediately dismissed as downright suicidal. 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don't think anyone is better than Martin with what Martin does and the way he plays. I just wonder whether that's what Rowett wants. I haven't a clue and I guess he's the only one that really does.

Archived