The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Selling Martin for £3 million is the biggest load of horse **** I've ever heard. We payed nearly £5 million for Anya ffs! Now that the big man is signed up to an even bigger contract with us, we'll be able to hold out for big money, if Rowett does want to get rid. 

8 minutes ago, David said:

Scotland striker Martin has a much-travelled history, but one thing remains certain no matter where he plays - he scores goals.

He is currently on loan at Fulham, where he has bagged nine goals in 19 Championship appearances, while his time at parent club Derby has seen him consistently find the back of the net. Should he bag one more this season, it will be the fourth in a row he has reached double figures in the second tier, and at 28, he has a few more years left in him.

However, the Rams could well be willing to part with Martin in the summer – and he could be available for around the £3million mark.

A great piece bar the price ffs! He's the only one on the list given a price, but in the poll they fancy Abraham and Naismith!

13 hours ago, Ninos said:

Awwww you're so ... cute. Don't dignify half decent arguments is generally a good rule.

seriously though, you think he's a tough guy, someone who intimidates the opposition defences? I can only ever recall him getting a card for dissent and play acting. He's soft as custard.

Martins washing line technique against Joey Barton was a thing of beauty.

I think there is a distinction between Pearson and rowett to made here.

Pearson seemed ideologically wedded to 4-4-2 counter, Rowett is simply pragmatic. If he wants to use martin, he'll want to use him to hold up the ball and link play.

Pearson wanted Martin to run in behind like vardy used to at Leicester and unsurprisingly, he was poop at doing that, hence, martin had to go.

7 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I thought the fee agreed with Fulham was £9m? So under a manager who didn't want him he was worth £9m and since he's signed a new contract and there's a possibility that the new manager would want him he's worth 1/3 of that?

It was £3 mil for the season long loan with a £6 mil agreed price at the end. The best thing about a striker like Martin is his longevity BECAUSE he doesn't rely on pace. 

His future is still in Fulham and his hands. Who knows what might happen.

I've got a feeling the chap who put this together for the Chronicle glanced over the Fulham deal, saw the fee £3 million on the page and just went with that as a fee we'd be looking for. It beggars belief that that would be the asking price. 

3 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

Booing Martin like that was a disgrace.

Really pleased that he scored the winner,lovely finish across the keeper into the side of the net.

Had me and my boys singing Cum on Feel the Noise.

Don't particularly rate Strachan but his comments about Martin scoring made me smile

” Kenny Dalglish used to get booed, Alan Hansen used to get booed, Gary McAllister used to get booed.

“A great club to be involved with, that one.

“If you can line up with them, that’s fantastic.

“The starting point for him was when he made his debut. He understands what he brings to a team, but some people can’t see it which is understandable.

“I don’t understand cricket too much, but they tell me there are some real good players, but I don’t understand the game".

9 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Don't particularly rate Strachan but his comments about Martin scoring made me smile

” Kenny Dalglish used to get booed, Alan Hansen used to get booed, Gary McAllister used to get booed.

“A great club to be involved with, that one.

“If you can line up with them, that’s fantastic.

“The starting point for him was when he made his debut. He understands what he brings to a team, but some people can’t see it which is understandable.

“I don’t understand cricket too much, but they tell me there are some real good players, but I don’t understand the game".

BBC had this:

"Everyone here understands what he [Martin] brings to a team. Some people can't see it, which is understandable.

"I don't understand cricket too much. But if you don't understand the game, then you have a problem understanding what players are all about."

46 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

It was £3 mil for the season long loan with a £6 mil agreed price at the end. The best thing about a striker like Martin is his longevity BECAUSE he doesn't rely on pace. 

His future is still in Fulham and his hands. Who knows what might happen.

Is he reminiscent of Kuqi in that sense? I remember wen we got Kuqi, very underwhelming, what does he actually do, and he's dead old, clearly past it. But by the time he left he was a fan favourite, and contributed to loads of goals. I think it's then that some of us realised that a golden boot is not necessarily the sign o a great striker, there's more to it than that.

Being clever makes up for a lack of pace every time. 

1 hour ago, Tombo said:

He signed a new deal here, why would his value have dipped? At least £10m on his head now, even if he's been away for nearly a whole season. We've got no reason to sell. 

Because of the poor season he is having.

The deal to Fulham was for £6 million [3 million loan deal as well].

Mac wanted to try and bring Martin back in January and the club mistakely offered Martin a contract extention plus double your money [allegedly £30,000 a week] which is roughly £1.5 million a year.

If he GR is now looking now to offload Martin [if Fulham don't buy] then dropping the price to £3 million what the article says does make sense as we would be saving millions on his salary. Remember if Martin is not the focus of GR plans, having somebody sat on the bench whilst paying him £1.5 million a season is plain crazy.

No smoke without fire regarding a club putting the feelers out...........

12 hours ago, Alpha said:

I've met Duracell. He's a fine looking fella like my mate Dave from work

Dave has a hot Italian girlfriend. 

I says to Dave, but Dave you're ginger.

He says, but you have a small penis, no muscles and can't grow a beard yet you found not only a bird but a bird that married you.

I said fair enough Dave. 

The morale of those tale is thus...

We all wish we could change things about ourselves but must remember there's someone out there for all of us.

God loves us all. 

I'm drinking btw. 

Surely the moral of that post is that you should avoid random Sunday night drinking when you have access to an Internet connection...

3 minutes ago, toddy said:

Because of the poor season he is having.

The deal to Fulham was for £6 million [3 million loan deal as well].

Mac wanted to try and bring Martin back in January and the club mistakely offered Martin a contract extention plus double your money [allegedly £30,000 a week] which is roughly £1.5 million a year.

If he GR is now looking now to offload Martin [if Fulham don't buy] then dropping the price to £3 million what the article says does make sense as we would be saving millions on his salary.

No smoke without fire regarding a club putting the feelers out...........

It is a journalists opinion on who Sunderland should target if/when they are relegated, highlighted by this part of the piece.

So we’ve picked five current Championship strikers Moyes could take a look at to lead the line should Defoe leave - do any of these take your fancy?

1 minute ago, Tombo said:

Smoke machines?

Also, he's not having a poor season. He's the top scorer for a club in 7th, just a point off the playoff places.

He cannot actually hold down the CF position at a club that is struggling for fit forwards to play.

Archived