Return of the Mac

toddy

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given the choice of British managers without a club right now I think McClaren is the best option. We could do worse than McClaren, at least we know we will play good football and he understands the Derby Way, which I think is really important now in the eyes of Mel Morris. 

Alternatively we could look abroad for a manager, which I wouldn't be so opposed to. Maybe I'm being too ambitious but isn't the old Villarreal manager, Marcelino, currentry without a job?

29 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

Agreed - has everyone forgot that lack of "Plan B" called all the duress? Only way he could affect change was to throw more forwards on. No thanks SM.

pretty unintelligent post considering that a) by the time we realised a plan B was needed, the transfer window had shut, and b) Pearson's spell has just proven this lot incapable of adapting to such a plan. Sorry if that sounds insulting, but it seems you're throwing comments out without thinking logically about them!

27 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

You fancy him. 

Who doesn't? But if I was truly that shallow, I'd stick with the current 'sexual chocolate' that is Chrissy Powell

25 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

If he gets the job, the past has to be mentioned. Not necessarily an apology, but it cannot be ignored. Need to start on the right footing

24 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

No doubt our trusty @OwenB87 will be straight on that! ;)

SDSR and NUWTFLY, definitely not. KEEP ALL negativity away from the club, and be positive. The past is the past, and should be spoken about only when he releases his book.

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

SDSR and NUWTFLY, definitely not. KEEP ALL negativity away from the club, and be positive. The past is the past, and should be spoken about only when he releases his book.

I see what you're saying but, won't it just end up being a massive elephant in the room? 

49 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

Agreed - has everyone forgot that lack of "Plan B" called all the duress? Only way he could affect change was to throw more forwards on. No thanks SM.

Since then, we have lacked a Plan 'A'

28 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

John Percy said he was an early front runner. So he must have been considered. Whether it has got to a stage on him staying at Morley Hayes, I don't know :lol:

Just been told by a mate he was there last night.  Don't know why people would rather stay there when Breadsall Priory is a couple of miles down the road, much nicer gaff

10 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I see what you're saying but, won't it just end up being a massive elephant in the room? 

I think this says a lot.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/mel-morris-on-the-unity-derby-county-had-under-steve-mcclaren/story-29801255-detail/story.html

Basically, McClaren can have the job if he makes promises and clears the air, and sticks to them promises.

For me, that conversation should be between Morris and McClaren, cos I think McClaren knew Morris wanted him gone and that is perhaps as much to blame as the Newcastle thing for the collapse.

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I think this says a lot.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/mel-morris-on-the-unity-derby-county-had-under-steve-mcclaren/story-29801255-detail/story.html

Basically, McClaren can have the job if he makes promises and clears the air, and sticks to them promises.

For me, that conversation should be between Morris and McClaren, cos I think McClaren knew Morris wanted him gone and that is perhaps as much to blame as the Newcastle thing for the collapse.

Totally agree, and would happily have him back. 

However, there will be a number of Derby fans who will question his loyalty right from the get go. That's what makes me think MM won't go for him. Powell an easier, less controversial option. 

Like I said though, I'd happily have him back. 

Archived