Beer Thread

Cisse

3 hours ago, Kinder said:

@Gritstone Ram
Looks like they’ve sold out of individual cans but you can still get cases of 12.

I’ve got 6 in the fridge with 12 more on the way so you’d be welcome to grab one to try. I’ll be at the Lincoln game, I could hand it over before if you’re going.

Thanks for the offer I have just ordered myself 12 to pick up later this week. Merry Christmas.

I popped up to Mount St Bernard Abbey earlier today to pick up a case of their new Tynt Meadow brew - a blond beer, 5.0% abv.

It's very pleasant (I drank one this afternoon) but I won't go further than that at the moment. The taste is quite sharp - almost lemony - which instantly reminded me of Chimay Green in taste (but not in strength - CG is 10%).

Quite expensive for a 5% beer (£3.30 a bottle for 33cl), but part of the attraction is that the beer goes a long way towards paying for the upkeep of the Abbey, and it is a wonderfully tranquil place.

I didn't really enjoy the original Tynt Meadow (the brown ale) when it was first released - but five years on, it is a truly wonderful beer, very highly rated (and not just by me). Perhaps the blond will also rank highly in years to come.

• 2 weeks later...