Beer Thread

Cisse

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

And which one do you think that the blue rinse brigade would favour? They're all pensioners.

Probably the one that's trying to convince them she's Margaret Thatcher incarnate. I know what you're getting at though. I think if Sunak was a devout Muslim who wore the traditional clothing of his heritage, he wouldn't get a single vote, but as well educated son of Punjabi Hindus, I'm not sure they're as concerned. But then I don't actually know many Tories, let alone blue-rinse ones who I could ask. 

On 06/07/2022 at 08:41, Crewton said:

Love that stuff, but it's the wrong time of year for me personally to drink beers much over 6% abv. However, I do have a bottle of this stuff in the cupboard to celebrate if/when we go top in time for Christmas ???

Noel_Gentile_75cl_amb_des+nocciole-ret-web.jpg

I am 80 on Christmas day and that's my name, So I would like to try it to see if its a drink I would like my grandchildren and great grandchildren to buy me for my birthday, I only drink whisky and wine nowadays but that's a bit expensive for the younger ones to buy me. Could you tell me what is it like and where I can get It. Thanks

20 hours ago, Crewton said:

Probably the one that's trying to convince them she's Margaret Thatcher incarnate. I know what you're getting at though. I think if Sunak was a devout Muslim who wore the traditional clothing of his heritage, he wouldn't get a single vote, but as well educated son of Punjabi Hindus, I'm not sure they're as concerned. But then I don't actually know many Tories, let alone blue-rinse ones who I could ask. 

Unfortunately, being an inhabitant of Toryville, I know plenty.

2 hours ago, Geriatram said:

I am 80 on Christmas day and that's my name, So I would like to try it to see if its a drink I would like my grandchildren and great grandchildren to buy me for my birthday, I only drink whisky and wine nowadays but that's a bit expensive for the younger ones to buy me. Could you tell me what is it like and where I can get It. Thanks

Will do ?

2 hours ago, sage said:

Currently in Bilbao and found some reasonable Basque beers

Even Amstel Tostada was ok

This was the best though.. Too big to show the image... 

Rochefort 10

Was there a few weeks ago, cracking city with some great local beers (and ham to die for) 

47 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Was that bought locally?

Yes. Every now and again there are box sets of 6 Marston's beers in the local Lidl. I normally buy a couple of boxes. I got a friend to try a couple of bottles and he now buys up all the boxes when they go on sale ?

10 hours ago, richinspain said:

Yes. Every now and again there are box sets of 6 Marston's beers in the local Lidl. I normally buy a couple of boxes. I got a friend to try a couple of bottles and he now buys up all the boxes when they go on sale ?

Can’t believe Eddie goes that far for a decent beer?