Beer Thread

Cisse

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

The marketing team behind this beer needs a pay rise. Instantly.

It’s everywhere, they market it well (tastes crappy but they’re selling it well)

23 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

The marketing team behind this beer needs a pay rise. Instantly.

I actually know one of the Molson Coors 'Brand Development Managers', or whatever they're called, who worked on Madri's promotion.

Before it blew up, he said that that we would soon be seeing it everywhere. I had never even heard of it at the time.

I get the impression that they've just poured a ton of money into it, and prioritised more modern influencer/social media-driven campaigns.

3 hours ago, Scott129 said:

I actually know one of the Molson Coors 'Brand Development Managers', or whatever they're called, who worked on Madri's promotion.

Before it blew up, he said that that we would soon be seeing it everywhere. I had never even heard of it at the time.

I get the impression that they've just poured a ton of money into it, and prioritised more modern influencer/social media-driven campaigns.

@Srg Works there as well, told me about it ages ago, managed to find it on pump in Hull and that was it for ages, now it’s everywhere.

I like it tbh, doesn’t deserve the hype it gets, downed several since it’s a nice enough pint. Better than all these let’s see what random flavours we can squeeze into a bottle crap.

5 hours ago, Scott129 said:

Not put that much money behind it so far. But heavily used social media. 
It exceeded all expectations even before the marketing campaign began, despite Lockdown getting in the way. 

people love a balanced drink that reminds them of holidays abroad. 

Edited by tinman

I had a bottle of this last night. First beer from a Norwegian brewery I've tried and I was impressed. Like a stronger version of Fuller's London Porter, but still nicely balanced, chocolate and coffee flavours not overpowering. I've got a bottle of the 9% Imperial Stout to try also, which I'm now really looking forward to. 

Screenshot_20220525-075518.png

Edited by Crewton

1 minute ago, Crewton said:

I had a bottle of this last night. First beer from a Norwegian brewery I've tried and I was impressed. Like a stronger version of Fuller's London Porter, but still nicely balanced, chocolate and coffee flavours not overpowering. I've got a bottle of the 9% Imperial Stout to try also, which I'm now really looking forward to. 

Screenshot_20220525-075518.png

Forgot to put your phone on charge last night!

12 hours ago, tinman said:

Not put that much money behind it so far. But heavily used social media. 
It exceeded all expectations even before the marketing campaign began, despite Lockdown getting in the way. 

people love a balanced drink that reminds them of holidays abroad. 

That's actually a spot-on description.

I'd never really thought about it before, but it does have that 'restaurant/bar abroad' sort of vibe. Same with Estrella for me.

Edited by Scott129

On 01/06/2022 at 20:32, sage said:

What is everyone drinking when the takeover completes?

I've got a La Trappe Quadrupel on the ready. 

image.thumb.jpeg.e64944da5c1da77e567ee31ee7efd04b.jpeg

A dark Belgium stout aged in whisky barrels. 18%

Edited by cstand

Went to B&M and found 'Monastere Double' from, um, United Dutch Breweries 6.4, thought I'd give it a go. £1.59 for a 500ml can. 

Expected the worst. Surprisingly rather drinkable. To be fair if someone handed me a glass without telling me any info on the beer I'd probably not suspect its a cheap clone of the style without closer inspection. 

Edited by Coconut's Beard

Tesco (Mickleover at least) have had another beer update, the highlight of it being that they now stock St Bernarus Abt 12. It may have been £3 or £3.50 a bottle (330ml) but can't remember as the receipt just says BEER

Also now stocking Chimay White (Tripel) 

Edited by Coconut's Beard

On 10/06/2022 at 19:57, Coconut's Beard said:

Tesco (Mickleover at least) have had another beer update, the highlight of it being that they now stock St Bernarus Abt 12. It may have been £3 or £3.50 a bottle (330ml) but can't remember as the receipt just says BEER

Also now stocking Chimay White (Tripel) 

£3.50. The Chimay White is £3.00 (that's also on sale at Morrisons).

I picked half a dozen of each up today.

The UK supermarkets have finally begun to get the message - sell the world's best beers at a decent price and people will buy them.

53 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

On to try the next big thing (I’m a marketers dream, have to try it) 

30AD6DFA-4A28-464B-B507-14208806FB2B.jpeg

Back in the 1970's, I tried Stella Artois and really liked it. 

20 years later, I visited Belgium and realised that it is their equivalent of Worthington 'E' or Double Diamond.

17 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Back in the 1970's, I tried Stella Artois and really liked it. 

20 years later, I visited Belgium and realised that it is their equivalent of Worthington 'E' or Double Diamond.

Back in the 70s I was on formula milk?. This Stella was actually ok, better than the normal version