January Transfer Suggestion Thread

CastletonRam

I don't get the sudden fascination with Hogan , yeah he's a good player at this level but us he really what we need ? Another centre forward who like to get in behind ? With the two wide forward players we use surely we need a centre forward who can play with his back to goal and can also hold the ball up I've said many a time if we're not going to get Chrissy back (which to me that ships sailed , let him progress with his career in London ) we need to be looking at Sebastian polter from QPR . Would be an affordable option who's strong , a good finisher and good in the air ( which we've not had anyone whose been any good in the air since Rob Hulse) . 

13 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

I don't get the sudden fascination with Hogan , yeah he's a good player at this level but us he really what we need ? Another centre forward who like to get in behind ? With the two wide forward players we use surely we need a centre forward who can play with his back to goal and can also hold the ball up I've said many a time if we're not going to get Chrissy back (which to me that ships sailed , let him progress with his career in London ) we need to be looking at Sebastian polter from QPR . Would be an affordable option who's strong , a good finisher and good in the air ( which we've not had anyone whose been any good in the air since Rob Hulse) . 

Absolutely no way- anyone with a hairdo like his isn't what we need 

5 hours ago, cheron85 said:

Or has a different viewpoint to you on what constitutes a good player...

Not really, i genuinely struggle to see how someone can not rate Lansbury as a footballer at this level, imagine most of this is because he plays for our neighbours.

15 minutes ago, muzzamurray said:

still... might be the martin "type" player we are after?

Or not.. This agent Dave said in August we're 'after' forest striker lol. He also can't spell Johnny name correctly. 

27 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Wonder how much Southampton would want for Shane Long?

Not getting many starts and has a lot of competition.

Would be great if we could afford him.

They paid £11mill for him, in March this year they put a £25mill price tag on him to fend off interest from Liverpool and Spurs and were in negotiations to offer him a huge contract following his best premiership goal tally. He may not be starting games at the moment, but I highly doubt he would be in our price range or even considering dropping to the championship.

think we need to be a bit more realistic when it comes to strikers we could sign.

ive seen people suggest ighalo and long on here. Maybe o don't have ambition, but I believe both players and clubs involved would laugh at any interest we would have. Ighalo was linked with a £40million move to China, yet we should look at him, long linked with a £25mill move to Liverpool, yet we should look at him.

think bogle might be a better fit for us.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

I think we could offer shane long him a loan deal to end of the season if chris martin does not come back.

We could offer him one, yeah. Not a cat in hells chance he'd accept it though.

I think he'd be looking for a longer deal. Budumdumtshh.

10 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I think we could offer shane long him a loan deal to end of the season if chris martin does not come back.

"Hi Sam rush here, from derby county, yeah that's right the championship club, we would like to enquire about taking Shane long on loan. Hello, hello, sorry I think we have a bad connection here, it sounds like laughing from your end and then a click sound. Hello? Hello?"

"oh well, will ring Watford about ighalo instead"

Hi Sam rush here, from derby county, yeah that's right the championship club, we would like to enquire about signing ighalo from you. Hello, hello, sorry I think we have a bad connection here, it sounds like laughing from your end and then a click sound. Hello? Hello?

"will someone get a technician in here I keep getting cut off"