James Wilson

Cam the Ram

PistoldPete2
4 hours ago, Whoneedshuls said:

So does everyone reckon it's going to be announced today then or next week?

Not today i think its only an enquiry according to BBC

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Rample said:

Is the deadline still noon to be registered in time for the weekend's games?

From what I heard yesterday mate it was unlikely he would sign in time to play tomorrow.

And even if he did was highly unlikely that Pearson would chuck him straight in. 

Also im not sure if its noon or 17:00 the deadline for a loan signing. 

Low to no risk signing. Get on with it. I'm bored to tears with the lack of transfer activity (not that I'm panicking about the team or necessarily think we need a load of players, I just love a good signing or two... I'm the Barry Fry of fandom).

28 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

5 goals in 28 from a striker out wide is pretty decent, to be honest.

I imagine we're bringing him in with a view to playing him centrally. Expect him to do far better. 

And people say Russell and Ince are poor? 

29 minutes ago, thekingofbuxton said:

Really like Wilson, probably didn't have the season he wanted last season. But he was continuously being sick during games, so his fitness wasn't where it should be. Pointing at statistics like only 5 goals is a poor way of prejudging a player. Especially a young one.

Slightly surprised by the negativity towards Wilson... From what i've seen looks very composed in front of goal for a 20 year old. He looks very direct and has both pace and skill, for me could work well playing off Ince.

My only concern would be, is Weimann going to get a chance up top because i'd love to see his pace at the tip of a 4411 like we've been playing, he's wasted out wide.

That being said, as a loan, there's very little that can go wrong, at worst we have merely another attacking option that gives us a different attacking style to utilise...

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Bit disappointed with this one - sounds like we have missed out on 3 or 4 higher priority signings and this is the guy we are left with.

I think people have missed out on some key hints in interviews my NP, only sign if they improve us and the deal is right. We are just not prepared to pay silly prices by the sounds of things.

8 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Bit disappointed with this one - sounds like we have missed out on 3 or 4 higher priority signings and this is the guy we are left with.

Or it could be that the clubs of these players are asking for ludicrous amounts of money because they know we have it and we simply wont pay it. 

I'd be appalled if we ended up paying 8-10 million for Nakhi wells, for instance 

3 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Not sure this guy will improve us.

Still think Bent deserves a handful of starts. I still think he can score plenty of goals at this level but he only been given 2 or 3 consecutive games over the last year.

He will get into his stride by April 2017. Get Wilson and Wells in FFS we need to put the ball in the onion bag.

39 minutes ago, rynny said:

It was 3 hours before kick off in past seasons, not sure if that has changed though.

I always thought it had to be the day before. Thought being the key word though....

11 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

He will get into his stride by April 2017. Get Wilson and Wells in FFS we need to put the ball in the onion bag.

I don't get the Nakhi Wells love. Good player, but better than what we've got? Debatable. Expensive too.

3 minutes ago, DCFC4LIFE said:

Danny ings is available aswell

More chance of me having sex with Margot Robbie and Rachel McAdams than that happening

Archived