James Wilson

Cam the Ram

38 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I always thought it had to be the day before. Thought being the key word though....

Had a look into it and it is by 12 noon the day before now. I am 99.9% certain it was 3 hours before kick off, didn't we sign Bywater on loan the morning of the match against Hull(?)?

The term now is

41.5    Subject to Regulations 41.6, 41.7 and 55, a Player will only be eligible to play in a match organised by The League if the appropriate forms for his registration or the transfer of his registration (including, for the avoidance of doubt, Temporary Loan Transfers) are received (including by facsimile) and found to be in order by The League by 12.00 noon on the day prior to the date of such match. 

Read more at http://www.efl.com/global/section6.aspx#KTxPwtpZOuHREWEE.99

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, t'oldu said:

It used to be more like 5.30.??.................. but Bywater signed by 12.30   the day we played him at 3pm. Was he a loan

initially??

Yes he signed a 2 week loan then we signed him permanently after the loan.

12 minutes ago, rynny said:

Had a look into it and it is by 12 noon the day before now. I am 99.9% certain it was 3 hours before kick off, didn't we sign Bywater on loan the morning of the match against Hull(?)?

The term now is

Maybe as he was a keeper and an emergency loan it was an exception? 

Don't think it was an emergency as such.................. just the old twixt windows loan system that has this season ceased to exist.      It was just to strengthen the goal keeping position. 

Just out of interest are goalkeepers still a special circumstance  ie can they still be loaned in a true emergency ,,,, as they could be outside the old loan time range ??

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Was that an emergency loan though? Rules might be different in that case?

2 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Maybe as he was a keeper and an emergency loan it was an exception? 

We had fit keepers at the time so the FA wouldn't deemed it as such, but cannot find anything other than a small BBC article about him signing.

6 minutes ago, t'oldu said:

Don't think it was an emergency as such.................. just the old twixt windows loan system that has this season ceased to exist.      It was just to strengthen the goal keeping position. 

Just out of interest are goalkeepers still a special circumstance  ie can they still be loaned in a true emergency ,,,, as they could be outside the old loan time range ??

Yes they are but only if the team has no fit goal keepers.

7 minutes ago, Anon said:

Surely that is entirely subjective?

Pretty much yes, I remember when we tried to get a loan goal keeper in under TBE when Hoult was suspended (I think) after he sent off against Forest and the FA declined saying we had Poom available so it was not necessary to loan anyone in.

8 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

When our fans are slashing their wrists over no new signings. That's an emergency.

That's not an emergency that's wishful thinking, get rid of the negative losers!!

might take two transfer windows to get them all though!

14 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Wilson is a good prospect , lets give him our backing , think Yedlin on loan with view to buy and one major permanent signing before window shuts

Definitely get my backing if he joins. Interesting article re local Brighton football journalist who is luke warm on the impact he had at Brighton....

53 minutes ago, David said:

Can we start playing with this if he signs, make him feel at home which is always important with a loan signing.

IT052191.jpg

I'd love us to not have a song for him and just crys of WILSONNNNN bellow out from the south stand 

Archived