James Wilson

Cam the Ram

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Kernow said:

Is this from your source or a prediction?

Pearson said we have bids in for 4 players; Forestieri, Wilson, Yedlin(?) and ______. I'm fairly certain that if we've got about £10 million in bids out for players that Pearson if definitely looking to add still.

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

Pearson said we have bids in for 4 players; Forestieri, Wilson, Yedlin(?) and ______. I'm fairly certain that if we've got about £10 million in bids out for players that Pearson if definitely looking to add still.

Looking to add, yes, but Pearson has said we'll only sign if they are an improvement on what we have and the price is fair. That isn't necessarily possible, and seeing as MR is in the know, he may be able to shed light on whether he too is just expecting more than Wilson in, or if he has information to suggest that it'll be very unlikely that Wilson is the only one.

12 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Even if our only signing was Wilson I still wouldn't be branding the transfer window 'pathetic.' I'd be disappointed because I think we need a winger, but wouldn't start the wrist slashing just yet. This team has been up fighting near the top for 3 years and on paper still have 1 of the best teams in the league. Hopefully Pearson can be the man to get them playing to their full potential.

1st point.... in response to your previous post a point which i missed.... where u said they shouldnt rush signings and they should be allowed to fully analyse what we need, mel should know surely what we need after last season, and so should np after a full pre season and coming up against us a few years back (core of team is the same) 

2nd point.... yes we have been up there fighting for 3 years playing arguably the best football in a long time, but we havent made it, we cant have a season or two of rebuilding and then push

3rd point.... regarding team being up there challenging whilst however we played 433, and pearson needs to get them playing to their full potential.... surely their full potential would be in the system they have come so close to success in during the last 3 years and not an alien formation with players players so horribly out of position.... ie.... butters on left wing, poor old bryson picking ball up from defence in a 2 man midfield, and our two best players on bench?

38 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Have a look at Owen Bradley's timeline since he tweeted about Wilson. 

Some of our fans are slating him and he hasnt even signed yet. 

I cant imagine our fans have seen him more than once. Yet that is enough for them to not want him. 

Nothing like giving a player a chance before judging the lad. 

Then again. Most of our fans are horrific. 

I'm not sure how it happened - Derby fans never used to be as thick as pigshit, but our new generation of bandwagon-jumpers who arrived in the last 3 or 4 years must have purchased record levels of entitlement from Forest or Leeds.

50 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Theres still 2 weeks left. A few more players left to come in yet. 

No! No! No! According to some we're signing players who aren't good enough despite our manager thinking otherwise so we shouldn't trust his judgement should we?

1 minute ago, eddie said:

I'm not sure how it happened - Derby fans never used to be as thick as pigshit, but our new generation of bandwagon-jumpers who arrived in the last 3 or 4 years must have purchased record levels of entitlement from Forest or Leeds.

It's genuinely a really interesting question. When did it start? I seem to recall, after Wembley, Twitter started to become more of a toxic place. Is it expectation? Or is it half-fans who weren't around in the Clough (Nigel, that is) days that are jumping on a incomplete bandwagon and expecting Barcelona football? 

9 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

He never said 4 did he? Just said we've got bids in for players.

1 minute ago, satty atwal said:

1st point.... in response to your previous post a point which i missed.... where u said they should rush signings and they should be allowed to fully analyse what we need, mel should know surely ehat we need after last season, and so should np after a full pre season and coming up against us a few years back (core of team is the same) 

2nd point.... yes we have been up there fighting for 3 years playing arguably the best football in a long time, but we havent made it, we cant have a season or two of rebuilding and then push

3rd point.... regarding team being up there challenging whilst however we played 433, and pearson needs to get them playing to their full potential.... surely their full potential would be in the system they have come so close to success in during the last 3 years and not an alien formation with players playes so horribly out of position.... ie.... butters on left wing, poor old bryson picking ball up from defence in a 2 man midfield, and our two best players on bench?

I don't think it's a very good idea to let Mel decide what players we need to be signing, we saw how that worked out at Leeds and Forest. And yes Pearson got to see them in pre season, but nothing compares to the competitiveness of a league game. 

Pearson has said he's planning to utilise multiple formations and if the majority of these players can't play any other system than a 4-3-3, they're not going to have a very successful career. 

28 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

Derby fans have every right to be underwhelmed at our 1st signing of the summer 5-6 weeks after window opened.... pathetic.... if we have ffp issues then we would all understand.... but nobody from the club has ever come out and said this so what does everyone expect

This post typifies the 'modern' football fan! As supporters we don't have a 'right' to be underwhelmed or overwhelmed. We don't have a right to anything other than to be admitted into the ground to watch a match our ticket entitles us to. That's all! 

Have opinions- as many as you like, be my guest but having an opinion doesn't come with a right to anything!

3 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I don't think it's a very good idea to let Mel decide what players we need to be signing, we saw how that worked out at Leeds and Forest. And yes Pearson got to see them in pre season, but nothing compares to the competitiveness of a league game. 

Pearson has said he's planning to utilise multiple formations and if the majority of these players can't play any other system than a 4-3-3, they're not going to have a very successful career. 

Agree with most of your post here. Time will tell if he uses multiple formations, going back to my original point, think we need alot more than wilson, who imho is no upgrade on our first 11, will give him my undoubted support however when he is on the pitch. What has bothered me is the lack of transfer activity in areas where improvement is needed. This withstanding all my groans about this could be wiped out if what @MACKWORTHRAM said is true and there will be a few more signings

3 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

You're right but name me one player we might be able to sign who you could prove beyond any doubt that he would do for us the job that's required?

I think Wells ticks all of the boxes. Scored well in the lower leagues and has done the business with a struggling club in the Championship.

3 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

This post typifies the 'modern' football fan! As supporters we don't have a 'right' to be underwhelmed or overwhelmed. We don't have a right to anything other than to be admitted into the ground to watch a match our ticket entitles us to. That's all! 

Have opinions- as many as you like, be my guest but having an opinion doesn't come with a right to anything!

You say that he is entitled to an opinion, but then he's not allowed to have an opinion that makes him feel underwhelmed? It's one or the other.

4 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Maybe i have been spoilt by the near success of the last 3 seasons and have forgot the years of mid table mediocrity and many before that pre mr pickering? Think tbh it's knowing on paper we have a very very close squad to get up bar a few additions.... that arent being made that could have been... expecting them to be made... maybe expecting too much.... i duno

2 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

Maybe i have been spoilt by the near success of the last 3 seasons and have forgot the years of mid table mediocrity and many before that pre mr pickering? Think tbh it's knowing on paper we have a very very close squad to get up bar a few additions.... that arent being made that could have been... expecting them to be made... maybe expecting too much.... i duno

I'm sure most fans are frustrated by going so close in the playoff final then not improving enough in the subsequent 2 seasons to clinch promotion. We now have an experienced manager so we should give him some credibility on being able to sign the right sort of players to take us forward.

16 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I think Wells ticks all of the boxes. Scored well in the lower leagues and has done the business with a struggling club in the Championship.

I like Wells and think he would suit us but there's still no guarantee that he would deliver

Archived