James Wilson

Cam the Ram

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, 86 points said:

Stop beting around the bush and say what you feckin think @eddie :lol:

Yeah, sorry about that. Understandable though - I normally work from home on Fridays but I've got to go into the office today.

Whatever you think about Pearson, you have to appreciate his transfer dealings in the past. Only thing which worries me is that Wilson looks like player who would do well in defense-orientated, counter-attacking team... Perfect for 4-4-1-1 striker and that's something I'm not keen to see.

Wilson is a no risk sensible loan signing. The prices being asked are ridiculous. Nakhi Wells would cost a fortune but is he really worth that amount? Have patience and just back Pearson. He has won this league at a canter 2 years ago so he knows what is required.

1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

Whatever you think about Pearson, you have to appreciate his transfer dealings in the past. Only thing which worries me is that Wilson looks like player who would do well in defense-orientated, counter-attacking team... Perfect for 4-4-1-1 striker and that's something I'm not keen to see.

I get why that worries you, compared to the last 3 years of possession dominant football, with occasional attacking flair. But maybe that's why he's in, that sounds like Pearsons style - strong defensively with fast counter attacking.

Our old style of play could be lovely to watch, apart from those few games we played top teams who were strong defensively and would make us look rubbish (Burnley, Boro, Leicester) now we want to become that team. Wilson may fit that style 

Good signing. Won't be cheap, but certainly cheaper than the likes of Wells/Kodjia/Assombolonga. Less risk too.

Different option to Martin or Bent. Has experience of the league.

The only thing I don't like - but true of most loan players - is that we're developing another club's player.

Are people writing him off because he hasn't cost £8m?

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Good signing. Won't be cheap, but certainly cheaper than the likes of Wells/Kodjia/Assombolonga. Less risk too.

Different option to Martin or Bent. Has experience of the league.

The only thing I don't like - but true of most loan players - is that we're developing another club's player.

Are people writing him off because he hasn't cost £8m?

no people are writing him off because hes unproven 5gls in 28 for brighton( 2 v us I think) wouldn't be on my list but in pearson we trust

4 minutes ago, oldram said:

no people are writing him off because hes unproven 5gls in 28 for brighton( 2 v us I think) wouldn't be on my list but in pearson we trust

5 goals in 28 from a striker out wide is pretty decent, to be honest.

I imagine we're bringing him in with a view to playing him centrally. Expect him to do far better. 

Archived