James Wilson

Cam the Ram

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not disappointed in this signing, I'm sure he'll do OK and I believe we'll get more out of him than Brighton personally. However I don't think this does all that much to strengthen our weaknesses in terms of personnel and I'd want to see some other deals done. 

I do believe we still need a winger, and could do with a RB and forward although theyre not a necessity imo. 

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Theres still 2 weeks left. A few more players left to come in yet. 

Mate you are SUCH a tease. :lol:

I didn't think we needed another striker to be fair. You'd have to be a pretty piss poor excuse of a manager not to get goals out of Darren Bent and Chris Martin, therefore I wasn't worried. 

My worry is that, should we insist on playing four in midfield with wide midfielders, that we don't really have anyone comfortable playing there. Darren Currie in his pomp would be a huge step up on those we have currently. 

two wingers, perhaps a central midfielder, and maybe a right back. 

Just now, Ambitious said:

I didn't think we needed another striker to be fair. You'd have to be a pretty piss poor excuse of a manager not to get goals out of Darren Bent and Chris Martin, therefore I wasn't worried. 

My worry is that, should we insist on playing four in midfield with wide midfielders, that we don't really have anyone comfortable playing there. Darren Currie in his pomp would be a huge step up on those we have currently. 

two wingers, perhaps a central midfielder, and maybe a right back. 

David Blaine couldnt get goals out of Darren Bent at the minute. Bloke is past it. 

Derby fans are disgraceful. Already criticising a player before he has even signed. I bet none of you had heard of Thorne when he signed on loan and criticised him. Ibe was one of our better players a few years ago when he came in on loan so the loan market is useful, wisdom and Dawkins were also good loan in comings . Do you need reminding of Martin's goal record before coming here permanently?

Have a look at Owen Bradley's timeline since he tweeted about Wilson. 

Some of our fans are slating him and he hasnt even signed yet. 

I cant imagine our fans have seen him more than once. Yet that is enough for them to not want him. 

Nothing like giving a player a chance before judging the lad. 

Then again. Most of our fans are horrific. 

He didn't do much for Brighton last season, but the form of Brighton's players meant he was played out of position (wide) when he started. 

The kid is VERY highly thought of at Man Utd, and that means something. He can't be *****, it's simply not plausible. The best academy in the country. 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

He didn't do much for Brighton last season, but the form of Brighton's players meant he was played out of position (wide) when he started. 

The kid is VERY highly thought of at Man Utd, and that means something. He can't be *****, it's simply not plausible. The best academy in the country. 

Summed up my thoughts to a tea there, pal.

8 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I cant imagine our fans have seen him more than once. Yet that is enough for them to not want him. 

Most fans of most clubs are horrific. Not just Derby.

7 minutes ago, needles said:

Most fans of most clubs are horrific. Not just Derby.

It's the mentality since Sky Sports have got their hands on the game. Stability is now criticised, Sky promote the idea that change is good and the norm. I  watched Sky sports earlier and their pundit criticised Wenger for not overspending on players. Yes he criticised Wenger for NOT overspending!  They even have a premier league spending calculator gloating it around like it is a good thing. Fans demand instant success now because of the money in the English game

Derby fans have every right to be underwhelmed at our 1st signing of the summer 5-6 weeks after window opened.... pathetic.... if we have ffp issues then we would all understand.... but nobody from the club has ever come out and said this so what does everyone expect

Just now, satty atwal said:

Derby fans have every right to be underwhelmed at our 1st signing of the summer 5-6 weeks after window opened.... pathetic.... if we have ffp issues then we would all understand.... but nobody from the club has ever come out and said this so what does everyone expect

Give over. We rushed signings last summer and during January and nearly all of the signings failed to meet expectations. Now the manager and board have been patient so they can fully analyse where we need to improve and fans like yourself still moan.

To see what the lad is like in a Derby shirt before declaring they are "underwhelmed"

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Give over. We rushed signings last summer and during January and nearly all of the signings failed to meet expectations. Now the manager and board have been patient so they can fully analyse where we need to improve and fans like yourself still moan.

Fair point if in 3 weeks this proves true.... but what if we dont sign anybody and end up with a bang average striker on loan?

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

To see what the lad is like in a Derby shirt before declaring they are "underwhelmed"

Respect your opinion and have it in very high regard, however doesnt his goalscoring record stand as enough to be underwhelmed? Before you say martin was similar before he arrived he was in a batch of signings if memory serves correct not the 1st signing of a new era?

I said weeks ago that I couldn't care less if we don't sign anyone this window. Let Pearson see this bunch and work out what he can do with them and what he needs. The load of signings we made last year have never done the business, but I'll bet at least one can come through and be a mainstay...give them chance. If we can't get better at reasonable money, why bother signing anyone? We've got a big squad, and a good squad. It's quality we need not quantity, plus any specific roles NP wants filled.

Wilson, well, if he signs, good luck to the lad. Wouldn't have been my pick, but then I knows about it than NP does.

Fair point if in 3 weeks this proves true.... but what if we dont sign anybody and end up with a bang average striker on loan?

Even if our only signing was Wilson I still wouldn't be branding the transfer window 'pathetic.' I'd be disappointed because I think we need a winger, but wouldn't start the wrist slashing just yet. This team has been up fighting near the top for 3 years and on paper still have 1 of the best teams in the league. Hopefully Pearson can be the man to get them playing to their full potential.

24 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I think you give forums and twitter too much importance Mackworth.

How many of our regular 28,000 or so have slated him?

A dozen or so people passing opinion on social media whether they think he's good enough or not is hardly the end of the world.

Archived