James Wilson

Cam the Ram

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

He wasn't prolific at Brighton and signing a 4 year deal with Manure proves nothing in terms of what he might do for us..as I said, the jury's out.

You're right but name me one player we might be able to sign who you could prove beyond any doubt that he would do for us the job that's required?

53 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Injury was a major factor. He's not a player I necessarily want to come to Derby but there's too many posters quick to criticise without having a sound basis for that criticism.

So using your argument you must reckon Razza's crap since 2 Derby managers hardly played him last season?

I've seen him with my own eyeballs, that is a sound enough basis for me ta.

Was injured for two-three weeks at a push, hardly another George Thorne is he? Had more than enough game time there to make a impact. 

Nick Powell mark II - scores for fun in the reserves, does sod all else at a higher level.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=75595&season_id=145

7 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Heard today that Wilson is pretty advanced. 

I was told hes expected to sign tomorrow.

Happy with this. Talented player and has something we seriously lack in our strikers...PACE! Hopefully we bring in a couple others players on permanent also to help improve us. Would like a wide player and another striker. Bakary Sako and Kodjia would be my first choice, however who knows how it will all work out.

10 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Ive seen him a few times in the flesh mate and he looks nowhere near the level required to get anywhere near the first team.

He went on loan to Stevenage and just didnt cut it. 

Think he will end up the same way as Kwame Thomas & Callum Ball.

Ahhh, please don't say that, I'm absolutely dying to see the academy produce a half decent young attacking player. Another Giles Barnes would be good, just one that was made out of bone and not glass and without the "I'm good and I know it" attitude. Is it too much to ask?

32 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Heard today that Wilson is pretty advanced. 

I was told hes expected to sign tomorrow.

I'm happy with this. I think he'll be a great addition for us - he adds pace, he is an excellent finisher and he's always looking to stretch defences. 

He won't be guaranteed to start every game, no. However, we need someone young with an edge that can look to push Martin and Bent, both of whom are very experienced. 

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Not a bad signing but a bit underwhelming having been linked with all sorts of multimillion pound players to just end up with a loan. 

Got my fingers crossed that we'll be signing two forwards, with one going out the door. 

Unlikely though, I would imagine :/

If this proves right I'll be very disappointed unless he's for the U23 team to cover the injuries to Zanzala and Bennett. Not wanted at Brighton where most thought he was nowhere near good enough, yet he's somehow good enough for us? And is he really over all those health issues and the vomiting on the pitch or was that just nerves?

Strange to pick someone on loan who's demonstrated their inability to score at Championship level, even when playing in a top 3 side. Of course if he comes I'll cheer him on, but it seems a kick in the teeth to our own youngsters and a backward step for the club.

50 minutes ago, Ramdale said:

Happy with this. Talented player and has something we seriously lack in our strikers...PACE! Hopefully we bring in a couple others players on permanent also to help improve us. Would like a wide player and another striker. Bakary Sako and Kodjia would be my first choice, however who knows how it will all work out.

That would be a WOW signing.

Archived