Pearson signs 3 year deal

Rample

Nigel Pearson  

289 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, roboto said:

Any news on who's going to be in charge of recruitment? I think Pearson and Powell will get results, but we may need to make some personnel changes if he's going to play a strict 442 as suggested by a few experts.

He played 4-4-2 at Leic, and apparently he hasn't gotten on well with 4-3-3 in the past. So 442 isn't nailed on but 433 is unlikely. 

3 minutes ago, ColchesterRam said:

It just won't feel real until he's on the sideline in his Derby tracksuit telling fans to **** off!!

Think it would be a 'badge of honour' to be told to **** off by Pearson. 

The club shop or Shaun Barker could market tee shirts with 'Pearo told me to **** off' on them.

I don't want nice, I don't want media savvy - the media are *********.  We aren't a f---ng fast moving consumer good. 

I want a manager who knows the league, is firm with a bunch of players have proven to lack resilience and has a proven track record of winning promotion. Add that to the fact that he kept a team UP in the top flight only a season ago and signed players like Mahrez and you need your head checking if you think this isn't a smart move. 

Just now, JaguarRam said:

Good news. Fingers crossed it is a good appointment.

Sad for Wassall. Didn't deserve the stick. 

Why Sad? Has his old job back. Best for us and him. 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

He played 4-4-2 at Leic, and apparently he hasn't gotten on well with 4-3-3 in the past. So 442 isn't nailed on but 433 is unlikely. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see a back 3 as you suggested in the other thread. He played a 3 at the back at the start of last season with Leicester

Nigel Pearson: Derby County appoint former Leicester City boss as new manager

Nigel Pearson had previously been linked with the managerial vacancy at Aston Villa

Derby County have appointed former Leicester City boss Nigel Pearson as their manager on a three-year contract.

Pearson, 52, has been out of work since being sacked by Leicester City in June 2015, having taken the Foxes to Premier League safety.

Darren Wassall, who guided the Rams to fifth in the Championship before their play-off semi-final loss to Hull, will return to his role as academy director.

Former Derby left-back Chris Powell will join as Pearson's assistant.

Ex-Carlisle and Southampton manager Pearson was first appointed by Leicester in 2008, and led the club to promotion from League One during his first season in charge.

After losing to Cardiff in the Championship play-offs the follow season, he left the Foxes to take over at Hull - only to return to Leicester again less than 18 months later.

Pearson went on to lead them to the Premier League in 2014, but was sacked when relations between him and the club's board were "no longer viable".

The Foxes won seven and drew one of their last 10 games under Pearson to retain their top-flight status, which they went on to top as champions this season.

'The perfect appointment'

"Nigel is a proven winner, a highly experienced manager who has track record of success in the Championship," chairman Mel Morris told Derby's website.

"We believe Nigel is the perfect appointment and will build on the solid progress we have made in recent seasons but more importantly, will enable us to achieve our long-term objective of Premier League football."

Despite a spirited second-leg play-off performance against Hull, Derby failed to reach the final and will now spend a ninth consecutive season in the Championship.

They sacked manager Paul Clement in February despite being just five points off top spot, with Wassall taking over until the end of the season.

"Darren is a very talented man, who put his full energy and vigour into the task and we are delighted he will continue to play an important part in the club," added Derby president Sam Rush.

"Nigel is a highly sought-after, talented, manager and I know he will give us absolutely everything to make this club successful. I am excited with what the future holds."

28 minutes ago, babylon said:

"When it happens, and it will... please remember that this is just him removing bad eggs from the squad. Doesn't matter if they cost nothing or £5m... he'll demand they go and he'll force them out of the door. That's how he creates the squad moral and work ethic. By only having people who will die for the cause."

Liking this a lot!  Bring it on. 

35 minutes ago, eddie said:

Can I have 12% abv on the back of mine please?

That one will have to be saved until the promotion weekend when we hit 100 points in March ;)

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

That one will have to be saved until the promotion weekend when we hit 100 points in March ;)

Lightweight.

I'll hit 100 pints way before March.

1 minute ago, Red_Dawn said:

Promotion next season, 100%.

Wonder how many of your fans he'll tell to f*ck off and die on the way though. 

Hopefully all the ones who turn up to whine

Archived