Pearson signs 3 year deal

Rample

Nigel Pearson  

289 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pleased he is back in a job, the bloke is a Leicester legend in my eyes and I loved him to bits. I really hope he does well for you. The players all loved him, they also loved Chris P as well. It's great you've got that setup of him, CP and KP. They know how he works and it should all fit together very easily.

Get the scouting side sorted and he'll do bloody well. As I've said... give him time. He's got a very specific way of working and playing. He will want to tweak and change the club in many different ways, that can take some time to take hold. Our board were incredibly patient because they could see the great work he was doing behind the scenes that the fans can't.

As for being an unpleasant person... you're so wrong. He might not get on with the press, but people at the club will adore him, if you meet him in the street you'll come away thinking he's a great bloke.

Good luck Nige.... thanks for everything!!

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, eddie said:

Me too. 100% support - as always.

The unsung heroes of the club - they should retire the no 12 shirt for G-Star and you as our twelve man.

Sorry couldn't resist, and if I ever see you out and about on an away day I'll buy you a beer to make up for it - Belgian of course :-)

3 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

The unsung heroes of the club - they should retire the no 12 shirt for G-Star and you as our twelve man.

Sorry couldn't resist, and if I ever see you out and about on an away day I'll buy you a beer to make up for it - Belgian of course :-)

Can I have 12% abv on the back of mine please?

Just a thought, i wonder how much that vote had to do with it in the paper, Perhaps its proof Mel does listen to the fans and reads what we have to say.. All good news 

MY ONLY CONCERN Pearson Powell Phillips Thats PPP  and i was always led to believe that stood for P... Poor Performance

LOL  But im sure it wont be  COYR  Buzzing for August

2 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

Just a thought, i wonder how much that vote had to do with it in the paper, Perhaps its proof Mel does listen to the fans and reads what we have to say.. All good news 

MY ONLY CONCERN Pearson Powell Phillips Thats PPP  and i was always led to believe that stood for P... Poor Performance

LOL  But im sure it wont be  COYR  Buzzing for August

It's PPP@P-P

Pearson, Powell,Phillips, @ Pride-Park

oh HAPPY DAYS :D

5 minutes ago, babylon said:

Pleased he is back in a job, the bloke is a Leicester legend in my eyes and I loved him to bits. I really hope he does well for you. The players all loved him, they also loved Chris P as well. It's great you've got that setup of him, CP and KP. They know how he works and it should all fit together very easily.

Get the scouting side sorted and he'll do bloody well. As I've said... give him time. He's got a very specific way of working and playing. He will want to tweak and change the club in many different ways, that can take some time to take hold. Our board were incredibly patient because they could see the great work he was doing behind the scenes that the fans can't.

As for being an unpleasant person... you're so wrong. He might not get on with the press, but people at the club will adore him, if you meet him in the street you'll come away thinking he's a great bloke.

Good luck Nige.... thanks for everything!!

One thing I'll add, at some point he'll leave a player out of the team that you think should be in it. He'll leave them out of the squad, they'll end up playing in the stiffs and then training with the kids.

Lots of people will say it's Pearson not being able to handle players, they'll say Pearson is stubborn and a bully. I've seen it all said... Pearson was never, ever proved wrong. It's happened half a dozen times and he's been absolutely spot on every time.

When it happens, and it will... please remember that this is just him removing bad eggs from the squad. Doesn't matter if they cost nothing or £5m... he'll demand they go and he'll force them out of the door. That's how he creates the squad moral and work ethic. By only having people who will die for the cause.

I'll echo what others have said, fantastic appointment in my opinion. Some won't be pleased but that's purely due to personal matters he has. As a manager he's fantastic, and we can see that he's still highly regarded amongst Leicester fans.

It's also been briefly touched upon but I'd like to pay more attention to it. He has officially been announced as 'Manager', not 'Head Coach'. Is this us reverting back to the Manager chooses the players, coaches the team etc set-up? I'd prefer it if Pearson was choosing the players he wanted rather than a failing DOF or Head of Recruitment giving him a list of players to choose from. I'd like to think that in his interview he was assertive and told Mel exactly what would happen if he was appointed. No ****. No interfering. He either has full control with no meddling from pesky Chairmen or he doesn't take the job. If that has happened (fingers crossed) then we can continue like that.

I'm not expecting promotion immediately. He usually has had a different style to how we've been playing the past few seasons so it'd be interesting to see how he approaches that. Chris Powell is also a great appointment, we have a very promising set-up here again now and I'm excited for this summer and this following season.

To all those worried about Wassall getting the job, you can remove your nooses now.

So an ex Heanor Town lad from Nottingham becomes Derbys manager and we have an ex ram as assistant 

Not heard the words Manager and Assistant Manager used at for a while now. Far better than a head coach 

Archived