Pearson signs 3 year deal

Rample

Nigel Pearson  

289 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not read 6 pages, and im not going to.

But anyone noticed the Press release stuff and quotes coming from Rush and Morris, both clearing using term Head Coach for the outgoing Wassall, but a definate shift to "Manager" for Pearson.

I hope this gets asked about at their press conference.

Does it mean Mel and Sam had a change in heart in structure of the club with regards to recruitment.

or

Does it mean in negotiatons Pearson was insistant on having full control of this area?

Just now, jagerbob said:

But anyone noticed the Press release stuff and quotes coming from Rush and Morris, both clearing using term Head Coach for the outgoing Wassall, but a definate shift to "Manager" for Pearson.

Does it mean Mel and Sam had a change in heart in structure of the club with regards to recruitment.

or

Does it mean in negotiatons Pearson was insistant on having full control of this area?

With Pearson's track record of recruitment I think absolutely ******* everyone involved would be insistent on him having full control. 

3 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

or

+ 1, noticed this too

I do hope so!

its only a fantasitc appointment in terms of calibre of candidate relating to experience and success.

Im still suprised, it sounds to me like The Board have changed their stance in the direction of the club.

Do we want a non media savey bulley in charge.

I was really hoping we could continue down the McClaren / Wassall style of football and improvment by encouragement and freedom of expression.

Hope this doesnt end in tears. If it does I hope Rams fans are proud. I also hope that Mel wasnt encouraged by "listening to the fans" as has been quoted on here.

16 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

It's PPP@P-P

Pearson, Powell,Phillips, @ Pride-Park

oh HAPPY DAYS :D

I'd like to add a sixth P to this list.

Patience. 

My expectations that this will be adhered to, particularly on Twitter, are not high.

Oh well, at least I'm happy. Up the Rams, roll on August. Pearsonally, I can't wait.

Brilliant appointment. Can't argue with his track record and I actually quite like the fact he's got the balls to be outspoken in front of journalists who ask stupid questions.

I now fancy Derby to be playing Premier League football within the next two seasons. Something I wouldn't have put money on with many other managers in charge.

I'd also expect most of the squad to want to hang around now as well. Not having a go at Wass here cos I thought he did alright, but now everyone will see how poor a choice Clement was, this squad of players in a proper managers hands will never be out of touch with the top 2.

18 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

It's PPP@P-P

Pearson, Powell,Phillips, @ Pride-Park

oh HAPPY DAYS :D

IDShot_540x540.jpg

11 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Someone got to come up with a song for him with Ostrich in the words.

We went with 'He says what he wants, he says what he likes, you're an Ostrich, so f*** off and die' or something to that effect.

Congratulations, he's a brilliant manager. For his sake I hope he gets you back to the Premier League and I'm certain he will if you're patient.

Any news on who's going to be in charge of recruitment? I think Pearson and Powell will get results, but we may need to make some personnel changes if he's going to play a strict 442 as suggested by a few experts.

Archived