Pearson signs 3 year deal

Rample

Nigel Pearson  

289 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 5/28/2016 at 21:05, eddie said:

But how did people know, if he had never managed? People had made their minds up, made a judgement call, hung, drawn and quartered the chap before a ball had been kicked, purely and simply on the first 45 minutes against Ipswich a couple of seasons ago.

Perhaps not hypocrisy, but it sure as hell was down to certain Derby fans having a Forest-level sense of entitlement.

Think you're wrong with this. Wassall was the wrong appointment because he was inexperienced and this at a time when many felt an experienced manager was needed. This especially after the failure of another novice i.e. Clement. Nothing to do with the Ipswich match or anything like it. Given our more or less top 6 position for 2 seasons or more some felt promotion could be gained with an experienced manager. Nothing to do with a 'Forest-level sense of entitlement' . You always seem to have to make up some flawed psychology for those with views different to your own.

Mel clearly now thinks experience IS important.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mel knows exactly what he is doing. It is a learning curve. If we had turned up at home to Hull, we may well have been a Premiership team now. Small margins in football as always.

Would the same Mel be a superhero now?

Mel has done vastly more than can have been realistically expected.

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Mel knows exactly what he is doing. It is a learning curve. If we had turned up at home to Hull, we may well have been a Premiership team now. Small margins in football as always.

Would the same Mel be a superhero now?

Mel has done vastly more than can have been realistically expected.

Mel's only mistakes have been sanctioning panic buys by Paul Clement, but this is always the problem for owners. Mel was desperate to be seen to back PC and unfortunately, PC's judgement was poor.

JB is a good player, no quibbles there.

BJ was way overpriced.

NB very poor signing

If it had of just been JB then good business all round but someone somewhere, should have told Mel to block the BJ and NB signings.

PC was out of his depth and believed promotion could just be bought - English football doesn't work like that, the team ethic is always more important than individuals.

Otherwise Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea and Arsenal would all have finished above Leicester.

Hopefully, as many Leicester fans say, NP is a builder and fully understands the importance of team spirit.

1 hour ago, DRBee said:

Think you're wrong with this. Wassall was the wrong appointment because he was inexperienced and this at a time when many felt an experienced manager was needed. This especially after the failure of another novice i.e. Clement. Nothing to do with the Ipswich match or anything like it. Given our more or less top 6 position for 2 seasons or more some felt promotion could be gained with an experienced manager. Nothing to do with a 'Forest-level sense of entitlement' . You always seem to have to make up some flawed psychology for those with views different to your own.

We done the passionfruit

1 hour ago, uttoxram75 said:

Mel's only mistakes have been sanctioning panic buys by Paul Clement, but this is always the problem for owners. Mel was desperate to be seen to back PC and unfortunately, PC's judgement was poor.

BJ was way overpriced.

NB very poor signing

If it had of just been JB then good business all round but someone somewhere, should have told Mel to block the BJ and NB signings.

PC was out of his depth and believed promotion could just be bought - English football doesn't work like that, the team ethic is always more important than individuals.

Otherwise Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea and Arsenal would all have finished above Leicester.

Hopefully, as many Leicester fans say, NP is a builder and fully understands the importance of team spirit.

Which is why I hope we've seen the last of spending sprees

It was fun at the time, but we got ahead of ourselves and in the end we became what we detest about football, I respect Mel for spending the money but... please mel, leave it to the men who know what their doing and be more prudent. 

For every Jamie Vardy there's 15 Conor Sammons, or in our case a Nick Blackman for double the price with only 6 months left on his contract (although with better coaching he could be a good buy in the long run)

I do believe Blackman can be a very good player, but he doesn't fit into this one up front mentality we have been playing all season.

If NP goes down the route of 2 up front, we have many options........

I don't buy into this theory we have that all our players are incapable of playing anything other than 433 or one up front , these are player who have been playing since they were kids in all types of teams with all types of systems and all types of managers,, the squad we have could be mounded / organised into many systems ,, it takes good management and coaching

1 hour ago, toddy said:

I do believe Blackman can be a very good player, but he doesn't fit into this one up front mentality we have been playing all season.

Don't think he's ever played the Martin role has he? Normally replaces our wide men and he's not a wide man. He's actually good at controlling the ball and holding it up so probably better as the lone front man. Just can't take anyone on

11 hours ago, DRBee said:

Wassall had a brief to get in PO. He made it. 

1 hour ago, toddy said:

Think you'll see the rise of Weimann next season, seems to be the type of player that would fit into a Pearson side. 

I think weimman could be a revelation playing as a striker running in behind opposition defences, he's absolutely rapid and caused all sort of problems at hull, play him in the centre and he could be lethal

Also where's all this 'blackmans best position is striker' yes his favoured position is striker, doesn't mean it's his best position, his run of goal scoring form for reading came from the right wing. Theo Walcott says his preferred position is striker, doesn't mean it's his best one

Not sure if it's been mentioned before but one thing that drew my attention in Pearson's statement:

“I will give absolutely everything I have to this role and do all I can to bring exciting, entertaining and winning football which our supporters can be proud of."

Suggests he understands what Mel expects and wants from his team. There was no statement like that when Clement was appointed, his was focused on Derby getting to the premier league.

14 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

BJ was way overpriced.

NB very poor signing

Thorne, Bryson and Hughes missed a lot of matches so we needed two midfielders. Johnsonh was a good signing, transformed the team then faded. Why he faded we do not know. I have not critcised Blackman. Lets see what Pearson does with Blackman. We have turned some 'good' players' into 'poor' players.

7 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Thorne, Bryson and Hughes missed a lot of matches so we needed two midfielders. Johnsonh was a good signing, transformed the team then faded. Why he faded we do not know. I have not critcised Blackman. Lets see what Pearson does with Blackman. We have turned some 'good' players' into 'poor' players.

After Bryson and Hughes went off in the first half at Bolton, the home side, which hindsight revealed to be absolutely awful, completely dominated the game and hit the woodwork 3 times. It was clear on the evidence of just 45 minutes that replacements for the depleted midfield were needed immediately.

12 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

I wonder what dear old Kenny thinks of Pearson's appointment. 

He's usually got a lot to say; that is when he's not filling his face and adding to his already substantial girth. 

Its deathly quiet. 

O I take it you haven't seen the Nottingham Evening Post article today then? (I assume you are on about kenny burns) He is trying to claim that Pearson had talks with Forest first and basically he is saying the only reason Derby got him is because they didn't want him. I'd imagine the angle was more like, he spoke to Forest, Derby came in and we offered something a lot better. I am sure they will say something along the lines of yeah but we won european cups forty years ago so how could he possibly want Derby over us?! 

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

Sell him hopefully :ph34r:

How many strikers have we actually got? I have a funny feeling that Pearson can turn Blackman into a goal scorer for us.

If I had to credit Pearson with anything it would be that he seems to be able to get an awful lot out of players that many would write off.

Just now, Rampage said:

How many strikers have we actually got? I have a funny feeling that Pearson can turn Blackman into a goal scorer for us.

If I had to credit Pearson with anything it would be that he seems to be able to get an awful lot out of players that many would write off.

I was joking Rampage. Of course we will see if he thinks he will be any good for us or not. I just think he will be one of the first to be sold.

16 minutes ago, rynny said:

I was joking Rampage. Of course we will see if he thinks he will be any good for us or not. I just think he will be one of the first to be sold.

Some big surprises coming from Pearson.

If you will not work hard for 95 minutes, you will not be playing.

If you regularly  go missing, you will be going missing from the Club.

If you have an attitude problem, it will be addressed sooner rather than later.

We may lose games to start with but not because of lack of effort.

If we go a goal down and your head goes down, you are now part of a substitution.

Archived