Alan Nixon transfer debacle 16/17

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, SouthernRam said:

Forestieri would be a quality signing and would fit the 'playing off the striker'/secondary striker role - can't see Wednesday even entertaining an offer though.

Forestieri was available for a song last season with Watford being forced to sell players, but for some reason we weren't interested. Seemed unfathomable at the time.

13 hours ago, robglosta said:

Pretty sure Berra was ranked the top CB in the league last season, very consistent defender.  

I think you might be thinking of the season before this one just gone. Hasn't played well for Ipswich all year. 

15 hours ago, Dcfcrams89 said:

Is this the same Fryatt that hasn't played for forest for about 18 month due to injury?

I certainly wasn't advocating signing Fryatt, merely pointing out that the FFP situation seems to point to us having £2m or £3m to spend, so unless we sell someone, we'll be looking at £1m players, not £10m.

I'd actually be amazed if we don't create a far bigger transfer budget by selling though, and it's more efficient to sell players with low book values, eg, Martin, Hughes, Hendrick, Christie, Russell, Keogh, Buxton, Bryson, Forsyth, Grant, Carson and maybe Thorne.

I'd also assume that we'll get rid of Albentosa, Shotton, Roos, Baird and Pierce to free up some wages.

5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Martin or Forsyth I'm guessing

Carson Christie Shackell Bryson Weimann Martin would be a surprise in my opinion or maybe someone signed recently like Camara or Blackman

Probably Bent being allowed to go on a free and contract cancelled mutually

Archived