Alan Nixon transfer debacle 16/17

North_Stand_Ram

1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

I think the players being bought in will factor a lot on how Pearson wants us to play . He might think we don't need another designated defensive midfielder if the roles not going to be as pivotal as the previous system . Again with the wingers , Ince, Russel, Camara even Olsson could be seen as options .

Christie started life as a winger.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The source for the rumours

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6524746/SunSports-daily-football-round-up.html 

"DERBY manager Nigel Pearson will offer around £4million for Bristol City striker Jonathan Kodjia.

But Robins boss Lee Johnson will resist offers for the Ivorian, 26, who got 20 goals last season — unless the bids get silly.

The Rams also want Sone Aluko, 27, who has left Hull on a free but they will have to fork out around £1million a year on wages.

And County are hot for Blackburn skipper Grant Hanley — but new gaffer Owen Coyle is not keen to sell."

3 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

He is a beast. Not the quickest but pretty solid.

However, I haven't seen any transfer news. Has anyone else?

Agree with you about him, I reckon that despite his age he could still manage a season for us (probably in a similar role to what he has at Leicester). 

3 hours ago, SIWY said:

Agree with you about him, I reckon that despite his age he could still manage a season for us (probably in a similar role to what he has at Leicester). 

I saw him play a couple of times. At first I thought he was a donkey, charging into people and getting booked. However, he managed to control himself and his physical strength makes him very dominant in both penalty areas.

Would need someone quick alongside him.

1 minute ago, Rampage said:

Being honest, the only bit that I do not like about this Forum is the wrangling over what Nixon says. Why not bomb it and call it 'What the papers Say' or something similar. No offence Nintendo.

He comes out with more bullsh, sorry, rumours about us than all the other journalists put together.

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

He comes out with more bullsh, sorry, rumours about us than all the other journalists put together.

Agreed but I still have the same view. We might as well discuss any wild guess, but call it that.

6 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

Aluko - I wonder if we really need another left footed winger/striker especially one who scores fewer goals than three of our other left footed winger/strikers (Russell, Ince, Weimann) and is older than Camara and Mason Bennett. 

This. Saw him alot up here for Aberdeen, rarely impressed.

Underwhelmed by Hanley as well, prototypical championship brute

Wouldn't mind grant Hanley if he came, although only if we shifted on at least 2 if not 3 of albentosa, Baird, Pearce, Buxton, shotton and one of keogh/shackell, which he would be a replacement for

he's a nasty ****** (just what we need)

Somebody on Twitter reporting that we're in for Lee Tomlin. Most likely, it's absolute waffle. If it is to be true though, I'd be more worried about who's leaving because otherwise we'd have an absolute boat load of centre midfielders! 

10 minutes ago, Dazza B said:

Somebody on Twitter reporting that we're in for Lee Tomlin. Most likely, it's absolute waffle. If it is to be true though, I'd be more worried about who's leaving because otherwise we'd have an absolute boat load of centre midfielders! 

No we aren't. Also the guy who mentioned it got very little following and followers. IGNORE IT!

19 hours ago, Dazza B said:

He's not really a central midfielder, tends to play in the number 10 role.

The only issue with that is, if we switched formation to accommodate him, you'd need a pacey striker playing in front of him, in which case I'm sure we'd play Martin in his role, so it sort of cancels Tomlin out before he's even started :lol:

Wouldn't mind seeing a list of Nixon's DCFC rumour's over the past year or two :lol: Such a piss easy job, he acts like a proper billy big ******** on Twitter too - the heck is a fud? You quiz him on something and he'll just say little one liners like "trying..." , " money to spent, manager wants him" right little jimmy riddler

Funny thing is, i'm always intrigued when he's about to throw a name out the hat.

Archived