Alan Nixon transfer debacle 16/17

North_Stand_Ram

2 minutes ago, McMuffin said:

It's not taken a proven winner in Nigel Pearson long to decide who don't cut it has it. Those that disagree must be ostriches 

You moaned no end about Buxton at the start of 13/14 and then surprisingly shut up about it for a couple of years, only to pipe up again now he's leaving and you know he won't be able to prove you wrong again.

Buxton was a key part of our best season this decade and you still insist he's ****, bit of a shame you're not a big enough man to admit when you're wrong.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

You moaned no end about Buxton at the start of 13/14 and then surprisingly shut up about it for a couple of years, only to pipe up again now he's leaving and you know he won't be able to prove you wrong again.

Buxton was a key part of our best season this decade and you still insist he's ****, bit of a shame you're not a big enough man to admit when you're wrong.

He is ****. Martin would skin him!

1 minute ago, GboroRam said:

In fact our defence got done more regularly when he wasn't there.

Facts only get in the way though when you have decided someone is **** and still trying to prove the point 2 years after they have proved you wrong...

If he is leaving then I hope he signs for Burton to pay back the loyalty shown to him by NC, but I've got a feeling Jake wants a bigger club and a bigger contract than Burton can offfer him at this stage of his career.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at Brum or Sheffield Wednesday.

Sad day if he does go but it's inevitable at some point.

Right decisison to let him leave if true. Been a great servant and no dpoubt fantastic to have in the dressing room, but he is not good enough for a team aiming for promotion.

Anyone who still thinks he is better than Keogh needs to take a good look at themselves.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

People forget that and how helped

Us hang in there against red scum

I still think he has a role to play still.

He has served the club well, no doubt about that, but to help us "hang in there against red scum" he came on, pulled a shirt, lost a man and nearly conceded a penalty/equaliser in the first 10 seconds.

We can all probably agree on one thing, he has showed the most desire, passion and delight than any player over the last 7 years. Yes he probably isn't the greatest of footballers for technical ability, but he's never been about that.

I think with Bucko being a local lad from Mansfield and coming from a devout Red Dog family, him being a Derby player is something is that most people can relate to. A honest hard working man, representing his adopted team with immense pride game in game out.

You want a player to give 100% no matter what and Bucko has done that in every game he has played for us.He has made the most of the ability he has never going to be top level but pushed himself to the limit fair play too him.

However I am on record as saying we would never get promotion with Keogh and Bucko as a partnership so it is the right way to go in my opinion.Had doubts about Keogh from first seeing him pre season at Burton and he still as not convinced me he is anything more than a average championship defender.

So he could happily join his pal on the way out

12 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

If he is leaving then I hope he signs for Burton to pay back the loyalty shown to him by NC, but I've got a feeling Jake wants a bigger club and a bigger contract than Burton can offfer him at this stage of his career.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at Brum or Sheffield Wednesday.

Sad day if he does go but it's inevitable at some point.

But if you look at it, Burton are at the same level as those clubs, and us for at least this season. So not only are Burton a former club he has an affilliation with and a manager who rates him, but he will be playing against the same opposition.

Bucko should go to Brewers if he leaves. If he stays we have a professional.

Archived