Alan Nixon transfer debacle 16/17

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2 June 2016 at 12:38, robglosta said:

Ince also does his fair share of defensive graft, which goes incredibly unnoticed IMO.

I have to agree. I never noticed any of it.

I'd think Nixon will come up with De Laet, Wasilewski and James, because he's seen in on t'web.

Probably nothing at all in any of it.

49 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Nixon has about the same success rate as the U.S. Air Force.

I am a fan of Nixons rumours, transfer rumours are what gets me through the summer, but I wouldn't get too excited on our 'targets'.

He gets some right and he gets some wrong. Without his rumours though, the summer would be far more boring :ph34r:

8 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

He is a beast. Not the quickest but pretty solid.

However, I haven't seen any transfer news. Has anyone else?

Think it'll be on nixons twitter but unfortunately (or fortunately for 99% of the time ) I don't have twitter .

4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Aluko, Kodjia and Hanley are the 3 mentioned by Nixon 

I said on the suggestions thread Aluko on a free is worth a gamble, Kodjia for 4m apparently, looked good for Bristol City, would take him but id prefer Wells

If that's what Pearson thinks the squad is missing then great - I have faith in him. But if he's having restricted options thrust onto him (i.e previous targets) then we've got no hope.

Out of those I wouldn't mind Kodjia, but not convinced about Hanley. I think we need to get a DM or Winger in before a CH

1 minute ago, SouthernRam said:

If that's what Pearson thinks the squad is missing then great - I have faith in him. But if he's having restricted options thrust onto him (i.e previous targets) then we've got no hope.

Out of those I wouldn't mind Kodjia, but not convinced about Hanley. I think we need to get a DM or Winger in before a CH

I think the players being bought in will factor a lot on how Pearson wants us to play . He might think we don't need another designated defensive midfielder if the roles not going to be as pivotal as the previous system . Again with the wingers , Ince, Russel, Camara even Olsson could be seen as options .

On 03/06/2016 at 14:59, eddie said:

If you are hanging on Nixon's every word, then what remains of the remainder of your credibility has just headed South.

On reflection, maybe you're not.

Where it will be stopped at the border and forced to live in transit camps. We have no more room down here for the offspring of credibility.

In years to come, bands of barely creditable rumours will wander the borderlands in search of the mythical Nixon.

4 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Where it will be stopped at the border and forced to live in transit camps. We have no more room down here for the offspring of credibility.

In years to come, bands of barely creditable rumours will wander the borderlands in search of the mythical Nixon.

I both like this and wonder what you've been put on your cornflakes. :lol:

Kodija, 26, striker, Ivory Coast international, hit 20 in 48 in his first season in English football last year 

Aluko, 27, striker/occasional left winger, left footed, Nigerian international - only scored 3 in 31 last season.  Made 51 appearances for Hull in past 2 years but only completed 2 games.

Hanley, 24, centre back, left footed, Scottish international

6 minutes ago, Rample said:

Kodija, 26, striker, Ivory Coast international, hit 20 in 48 in his first season in English football last year 

Aluko, 27, striker/occasional left winger, left footed, Nigerian international - only scored 3 in 31 last season.  Made 51 appearances for Hull in past 2 years but only completed 2 games.

Hanley, 24, centre back, left footed, Scottish international

Kodija is logical - even if we persist with 433 we need options, but I think that we'll use 442 and then we'll need four strikers anyway.

Hanley I like a lot - he'd be the new skipper. He's better than Shackell, and there are few centre halves in the division who you can say that about. He's also much younger, so could be part of our long term plans. Yet (making the seriously dodgy assumption that this is true) I wonder whether this has more to do with the 'back stage' stuff we don't see? There must be a reason why he's never had the armband when pretty much every other player in the squad has had a turn. Maybe (2+2=37) this is the start of Pearson moving out players with a dodgy attitude. 

Aluko - I wonder if we really need another left footed winger/striker especially one who scores fewer goals than three of our other left footed winger/strikers (Russell, Ince, Weimann) and is older than Camara and Mason Bennett. 

Archived