Alan Nixon transfer debacle 16/17

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would anyone leave before even getting to Pre Season? This would be a straight 'no' form Pearson.Why would he have a conversation with someone who is on holiday? Can only be a player who knows that he will never play for Derby again.

Candidates:-

1. Baird

2. Shotton (almost certain as Brum have apparently asked for him.

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Why would anyone leave before even getting to Pre Season? This would be a straight 'no' form Pearson.Why would he have a conversation with someone who is on holiday? Can only be a player who knows that he will never play for Derby again.

Candidates:-

1. Baird

2. Shotton (almost certain as Brum have apparently asked for him.

....agree but then it wouldn't be a "surprise" exit.

I was told last week that Martin and Pearson met, and things clicked straight away. Was mentioned they had a great talk. But, as a result, the feeling was he'll either be sold or given a new contract.

Not really sure how that conclusion was made, but there should be an update on Martin's status soon.

Hendrick has been linked away, but again no real developments as of yet.

6 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I was told last week that Martin and Pearson met, and things clicked straight away. Was mentioned they had a great talk. But, as a result, the feeling was he'll either be sold or given a new contract.

Not really sure how that conclusion was made, but there should be an update on Martin's status soon.

Hendrick has been linked away, but again no real developments as of yet.

Even Derek Acorah makes less vague predictions than that.

He might be getting a pay rise, then again he could be sold.

It's also possible nothing could happen too, or something could happen somewhere between the two, because this is football and things change!

1 minute ago, reveldevil said:

Even Derek Acorah makes less vague predictions than that.

He might be getting a pay rise, then again he could be sold.

It's also possible nothing could happen too, or something could happen somewhere between the two, because this is football and things change!

He was just mentioning that their first meeting was a positive one. This is coming from someone who knows Martin's agent pretty well, and knows what his situation is at the club.

All seems well now, but there were times last season he was considering his future at the club.

There should be an update/article out on Martin possibly later this week or next.

Interesting. 

I can't imagine it will be anyone who is in the first team picture. It sounds like it's a mutual decision between the player and manager for them to leave for free, with no severance package. 

I'd be gutted if it was Buxton, but he ticks the boxes. Camara would be another; cracking business he turned out to be! 

1 minute ago, Posh Ram said:

I'd have thought the "surprise exit" would be a centre mid, as we're overstaffed in that area. Hendrick probably the most likely although hopefully it's BJ.

Hendrick wouldn't have had that conversation yet, though. Also, if we let any of our centre mids go on a free, we'd need our heads checking! 

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Hendrick wouldn't have had that conversation yet, though. Also, if we let any of our centre mids go on a free, we'd need our heads checking! 

Oh, sorry, I hadn't read as far back as the actual story.

I don't know what wages Johnson is on but if they're high and Nigel doesn't think he can get him playing any better, I'd take £1m for him.

Just now, Posh Ram said:

Oh, sorry, I hadn't read as far back as the actual story.

I don't know what wages Johnson is on but if they're high and Nigel doesn't think he can get him playing any better, I'd take £1m for him.

It will be Keogh or Martin at a guess .

27 minutes ago, curtains said:

It will be Keogh or Martin at a guess .

Keogh who we could easily sell for a couple of million, martin a few times that? Feel like some people on here need there head checking, maybe Pearson doesn't like Keogh/Martin/any other player but I'd say there's very few players in that squad we wouldn't command a fee for. The only players I could see us getting rid of is someone like weimann, Bent,Shotton, baird or granty. Personally I think Weimann, high wages so would be very hard to shift on again, never mind get a fee for.

7 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Nixon saying a surprise exit soon, mutual decision between club and player - will be doing a story soon 

They use words like surprise all too often, I think it's more than likely Bent to Turkey - regardless of assessing the squad if Bent has actually asked to go I reckon Pearson will be happy to shift him off the wage bill. 

Pearce is another option, also came in for free and contract could be ripped up without major losses.

The real shocker would be sacking Hendrick or Butterfield over their off the pitch issues.

29 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Keogh who we could easily sell for a couple of million, martin a few times that? Feel like some people on here need there head checking, maybe Pearson doesn't like Keogh/Martin/any other player but I'd say there's very few players in that squad we wouldn't command a fee for. The only players I could see us getting rid of is someone like weimann, Bent,Shotton, baird or granty. Personally I think Weimann, high wages so would be very hard to shift on again, never mind get a fee for.

Who says it's free transfers we need to do. 

Pearson needs to wheel and deal. .

Sell for fees and bring in for fees. 

We need to change a few things around don't we. 

Archived