Alan Nixon transfer debacle 16/17

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be ******* crazy to let him leave. Crazy. If this club is lacking one thing it's ruthless professionalism. So release the most professional player here?

As much as I love jake I think this is the right decision. I think a lot of people are thinking with there hearts and not there heads . If we've got real ambition to be promoted I'm afraid it's time for jake to move on, he will get very little game time be best for him and the club .

Any links to the story ?

22 minutes ago, needles said:

Be ******* crazy to let him leave. Crazy. If this club is lacking one thing it's ruthless professionalism. So release the most professional player here?

Do not see this as lacking in professionalism..... He's been told he's surplus to requirements, he's trying to find a new club...... Would it be rather "unprofessional" to make him see out his contract in the reserves rather than him searching 1st team football elsewhere.

Heart over head here I'm afraid. 

Shame to see jake go, I thought during the horrendous clement patch last season we needed a character like Jake to come in with a no nonsense head.

If we are wanting to go to the next level it's time to cut ties with the fringe players and get a better quality cb..if losing Bucko, Shotton and Pearce makes way for a Handley, Dunk then I'll be happy.

Regardless of where Bucko goes, be it Wigan, burton or forest, he goes with my best wishes and I'll sing his name until my throat is soar whenever we face him.

As long as it's Pearson's decision I'm happy.

I've always said that there'll be some surprise departures (which I don't think this one is) because Pearson tries to build a team, so he'll be looking for certain combinations of qualities that won't be apparent to the rest of us. 

The one I'm most interested in is Ince. His body language often screams out 'lazy' or 'not a team player', but that might just be an illusion. I have a feeling that Pearson just might bring the best out in Ince.

I really hope Buxton isn't leaving. He has shown he is the best passer of the ball we have in defence and his passion for the club comes through in everything he does - whilst all the other players were on holiday he was down at the training centre helping out Barker with his community kids football tournament. Solid defender as well. To his naysayers - the highest league position we've reched in the past 6 years has been with Keogh and Buxton in central defence, no coincidence.

I'd rather sell Shackell than let Buxton leave.

6 hours ago, Cardifframs said:

I thought burton might have come back for him

No disrespect to them,but JB deserves a bigger club

From what I hear Burton are already finding it difficult to compete wages wise. They had Mark Duffy on loan from Birmingham and during the run-in Duffy was quoted as saying he wouldn't be opposed to a permanent move to Burton. Released by Birmingham in the summer Duffy has opted to return to Lg 1 and Sheffield United.

Burton have also offered new contracts to the players out of contract on 30th June they wish to keep. Top scorer (from the wing) Lucas Akins and FB Damien McCrory have yet to sign and, from what I hear, stalemate has been reached.

Unfortunately I think Burton will find it unbelievably tough in the Championship this season. Mind you, I thought they'd get found out in Lg 1 last season so what do I know?

4 minutes ago, Stuartsays said:

From what I hear Burton are already finding it difficult to compete wages wise. They had Mark Duffy on loan from Birmingham and during the run-in Duffy was quoted as saying he wouldn't be opposed to a permanent move to Burton. Released by Birmingham in the summer Duffy has opted to return to Lg 1 and Sheffield United.

Burton have also offered new contracts to the players out of contract on 30th June they wish to keep. Top scorer (from the wing) Lucas Akins and FB Damien McCrory have yet to sign and, from what I hear, stalemate has been reached.

Unfortunately I think Burton will find it unbelievably tough in the Championship this season. Mind you, I thought they'd get found out in Lg 1 last season so what do I know?

It's similar situation to Yeovil I think when they got promoted. Think the financial side of things will really find them out. It'll be s struggle. They are way they are though mind.

14 minutes ago, Stuartsays said:

Duffy wasn't offered a deal at Burton.

They probably are struggling to compete wage wise but Duffy didn't choose Sheff Utd over Burton.

1 hour ago, ronnieronalde said:

Duffy wasn't offered a deal at Burton.

They probably are struggling to compete wage wise but Duffy didn't choose Sheff Utd over Burton.

Maybe so... but I heard Nigel Clough give an interview where he said, "We've lost Duffy" which implies they wanted him and knew they weren't going to get him.

15 minutes ago, Stuartsays said:

Maybe so... but I heard Nigel Clough give an interview where he said, "We've lost Duffy" which implies they wanted him and knew they weren't going to get him.

Not true at all Stuart.

NIgel was very clear when he stated they wouldn't be offering Duffy a deal as they had other targets. He went as far as to say if Duffy was still without a club and they hadn't got their targets at the end of the summer they "may" offer him something.

Archived