Alan Nixon transfer debacle 16/17

North_Stand_Ram

2 hours ago, DCFCArmy said:

I'd be sad to see him go tbh, he's a top talent that Pearson could get the best out of. but if Pearson thinks getting rid is the best thing to do then so be it. and we'd be making a profit on him, so all wouldn't be that bad. 

I'd love it to be reinvested on De Laet and James?!?! who are both linked with us.

EDIT

Just seen the source... so scrap all of what I typed :lol:

He has so much potential still to fulfill, shows glimpses, would love to see Pearson get the best out of him

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just Ince's body language on the pitch that singles him out for criticism. He looks like a sulky teenager when things aren't going right. When he's also marked out of games, this comes across that he's un-interested. That's also why Martin comes in for some criticism as well. Funny that it's the 2 top scorers.

Not sure you can train negative body language out of somebody though.

Ince could be one of the best players in the championship.

When Ince fancies it, he will tear you apart...... again.

But its his attitude when he's up against it or disinterested, he doesn't battle through the tough games.

Admittedly some players don't turn up in big games such as Hendrick (not so recently) arguably Martin (still not scored against Forest) and some others too.

Ince has always had the potential to be a great player but unfortunately his attitude and work ethic has proceeded his talent.

Looking at players like Russell, Weimann, Warnock and Keogh are all players with great attitude and work ethic which has made them the players they are today, I wouldnt personally say any of them are technically gifted, especially when compared with Ince

On 21/05/2016 at 18:19, Dimmu said:

The amount of poor players with big transfers fees Redknapp has signed is staggering and shouldn't become the Derby way.

Usually every manager has some good and some bad signings but in 'Arrys case the bad ones are unfortunately much more common.

I've seen this said a lot so decided to do some research...

Over 26 years as a boss he spent £226m and brought in £230m

Looking through his signings I would be interested to know who all of the poor players for big transfer fees are?

Just realised the article I was looking at was out of date and excluded his QPR exploits!

2 hours ago, Dale The Ram said:

Ince could be one of the best players in the championship.

When Ince fancies it, he will tear you apart...... again.

But its his attitude when he's up against it or disinterested, he doesn't battle through the tough games.

half of the team this season has been disinterested when there's been a battle this season, there's no point singling ince out

Admittedly some players don't turn up in big games such as Hendrick (not so recently) arguably Martin (still not scored against Forest) and some others too.

if your going to judge a player by the amount of goals he's scored against forest then your priorities aren't in order, I wouldn't call forest a big game anyway, it's big to the fans but it's non or less important than playing against Bristol 

Ince has always had the potential to be a great player but unfortunately his attitude and work ethic has proceeded his talent.

attitude? He moved from Liverpool to Blackpool to get first team football, then turned down inter because there was a much higher chance of him playing first team football at hull and work ethic? Just because he doesn't work as hard as Jonny Russell doesn't make him lazy. Ince is no slouch, he tracks back consistently, did you not see him sprinting 60 yards to block a cross against hull?

Looking at players like Russell, Weimann, Warnock and Keogh are all players with great attitude and work ethic which has made them the players they are today, I wouldnt personally say any of them are technically gifted, especially when compared with Ince

yet ince has scored and assisted more than any of our other attackers except Martin, speaking of which it's amusing that the players being questioned the most are both our top and second highest goal scorers and assist makers. Basing your game on hard work alone ala Russell and weimman will only get you so far, but it goes to show what fans appreciate. talent and actually producing goods or running around a lot? Everyone loves a trier

37 minutes ago, Lord_Ram said:

but it goes to show what fans appreciate. talent and actually producing goods or running around a lot? Everyone loves a trier

Don't worry... I'm sure Pearson will bring in a whole bunch of bang-average try-hards...

1 hour ago, Lord_Ram said:

half of the team this season has been disinterested when there's been a battle this season, there's no point singling ince out

I know that but as we are speaking of Ince I was analysing him

if your going to judge a player by the amount of goals he's scored against forest then your priorities aren't in order, I wouldn't call forest a big game anyway, it's big to the fans but it's non or less important than playing against Bristol 

Forest isnt a big game? youre having a laugh. You really think walking out infront of 33'000 odd fans who are baying for blood is the same as playing Bristol? Its a completely different game and not scoring or not performing under the pressure does indicate to me that they arent big game players

attitude? He moved from Liverpool to Blackpool to get first team football, then turned down inter because there was a much higher chance of him playing first team football at hull and work ethic? Just because he doesn't work as hard as Jonny Russell doesn't make him lazy. Ince is no slouch, he tracks back consistently, did you not see him sprinting 60 yards to block a cross against hull?

So do you completely disregard his entire body language and attitude during a game? He has the same mannerisms as Christiano Ronaldo, Ince wants to be perfect and carry the team but it very rarely comes to fruition

yet ince has scored and assisted more than any of our other attackers except Martin, speaking of which it's amusing that the players being questioned the most are both our top and second highest goal scorers and assist makers. Basing your game on hard work alone ala Russell and weimman will only get you so far, but it goes to show what fans appreciate. talent and actually producing goods or running around a lot? Everyone loves a trier

Ince could be better for me, yes he is good for us but is he hitting his true potential? I highly doubt it.

Yes everyone loves a trier but there have been times this season where Derby have had 10 men on the field cause Ince didnt fancy it.

I like Ince but I am a critic, he could be an absolutely crucial player for us be he is extremely hot and cold. He can do better for me, one of the most talented players in the squad but can become a hindrance at times 

15 minutes ago, Dale The Ram said:

not performing under the pressure does indicate to me that they arent big game players

First win we got last season (5 games without a win at that point so pressure on) Martin scored a brace to get us the win... And thought they both played well against Hull which seemed like a big crunch match...

Of our 21 wins 7 of them were down to Ince or Martin goals and of our 15 draws 5 of them were... They aren't players who only score when it doesn't matter... They scored crucial goals in 1/3 of our point scoring games...

Also... Whilst I agree that Forest is a 'big game'... It's also a derby... where generally the quality of football is dire as both teams are tense and play shockingly basic football... And Forest seem to spend half the game kicking us too... Which oddly enough doesn't help the classier footballers like Martin and Ince... The only game in recent history that wasn't the case was the 5-0 where I'm sure Martin set up at least 2 of the 5 (maybe 3?)

So much for the chief scout coming in on June 1st lol. How can we sign anyone without Pearson's assessment of the squad yet? Obviously he would have had Wassal's input but some players react differently to different coaches and managers

22 minutes ago, McLovin said:

So much for the chief scout coming in on June 1st lol. How can we sign anyone without Pearson's assessment of the squad yet? Obviously he would have had Wassal's input but some players react differently to different coaches and managers

If you are hanging on Nixon's every word, then what remains of the remainder of your credibility has just headed South.

On reflection, maybe you're not.

To be fair we assess the squad daily and we all know what positions need strengthening and which don't. So I doubt Mr Pearson wouldn't be unknowledgeable in that area.

im guessing he's wanted this job since PC got sacked so has followed with interest our exploits on and off the pitch. He's probably been watching training and match videos of our squad also in between Bernie Clifton box set bonanzas!

Let's be honest, NP will have created a portfolio of future targets through his Leicester scouting system during his time there for both premier league survival and relegation permutations.

My guess is this.... (And we would all do it)  he will have kept that dossier away from his office at The KP for his own records as armoury for his next appointment. Of which I hope we benefit, happy days :cool:

1 hour ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Let's be honest, NP will have created a portfolio of future targets through his Leicester scouting system during his time there for both premier league survival and relegation permutations.

My guess is this.... (And we would all do it)  he will have kept that dossier away from his office at The KP for his own records as armoury for his next appointment. Of which I hope we benefit, happy days :cool:

Like your thinking brother Ted. Must be a few spare at Leicester as well who may superfluous if Ranieri strengthens his squad this summer too....

4 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Very good post, TMFG

TMFG, I was at Twycross Zoo today with my grandkids. Do not take this the wrong way but there were a lot of dudes down there that looked awfully like your icon. Sort it mate, sort it. :thumbsup:

Archived