Derby County v Hull City

PistoldPete2

I don't know mel's plan will be now, but I guess more transfer activity is needed in the summer as the current squad is clearly not good enough. More height and strength  up front, a player who can cross the ball and another CDM all urgently needed. 

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

And did anyone else notice the banks of electronic boxes hanging from the roof of the stadium? They were in groups of about ten and seemed to have three white strips on the front. I'd guess they were some sort of lights. I've never noticed them before. Have they been there for a while and I've only just clocked them, or are they a new feature? Maybe part of a planned celebration?

Looked like floodlights to me, wonder if we are converting to LED ones like at Hull and Bournemouth.

3 minutes ago, The 1884 Group said:

Terrible atmosphere after first 30 minutes, but for once it was justified. Said to my mate, there wasn't even a crunching tackle to get behind.

At least the flags and streamers looked good lol.

The stadium looked brilliant and the atmosphere started out really well. I even had a flag on my seat! The 1884 Group have done a great job this season.

It must be so embarrassing for those players. They just confirmed in front of a huge tv audience, including their fellow pros, that they're complete bottlers. However, we don't need a mass clear out. We need a manager with a strong personality who, with a few changes, will transform this "nearly team" into a team that won't crap themselves on the big occasion and will actually get over the line. I fear however that we're stuck at a level of decent championship side but no more.

On Saturday, May 14, 2016 at 15:07, CornwallRam said:

Not ituch ito really add about the game - we were rubbish and Hull deserved their victory. Hopefully, this'll be the reality check that has Mel bringing in  a proper manager, so this cloud might end up being lined with silver.

Two things from the game puzzled me though.

The crowd looked bigger than 29k to me. I couldn't see many empty seats and Hull filled their section. I was expecting to hear 32k announced.

And did anyone else notice the banks of electronic boxes hanging from the roof of the stadium? They were in groups of about ten and seemed to have three white strips on the front. I'd guess they were some sort of lights. I've never noticed them before. Have they been there for a while and I've only just clocked them, or are they a new feature? Maybe part of a planned celebration?

I was just going to post about the attendance. No way was IT 29k.......IT was at least 31k. Arent gate receipts distributed differently for play off games?

Did anyone notice that the scoreboard read 0-3 for a while when IT was only 0-2. PremonItion or what

I thought that our chances of winning without George Thorne were reduced by 40%

Update 90%

Yes, this is a wind up. :ph34r:

Thorne should not have played against Ipswich

Yes, this is a wind up :ph34r:

We are going to lose the home leg 0 - 3

No, this is not a wind up :ph34r:

Dreadful display today.

We will win more games in the Championship next year than we would have won in the Premiership.

I've worked out what we need to do to have any chance of clawing back the three goal deficit.

Feed the fish!!!!!!!!!!*

Hic...

*Yes, as far as I'm aware, he's still a DCFC player. However disappointing today was, at least we can take solace in our first class recruitment team.

8 minutes ago, Duracell said:

I think the play-off semi final's aggregate score should include the scores from the two fixtures during the season.

So really, we're in the ascendancy with a 6-3 lead.

Not sure that's gonna be enough mate with the away leg to come

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

We are bloody awful at all crossing and set pieces (other than the odd free kick now and again) and we have been all season - anything that requires a pass of more than 5 yards is a waste of time for us since we can never get is past the first man. Maybe we should go and ask Burley if we can borrow his transfer network so we can finally get some good quality players in - maybe even see if Idiakez wants to make a comeback from retirement.

If you want players with the right attitude Bucco is the last person you would get rid of. I would still play him in the first 11 - you can take your pick over which of Keogh or Shackell you want to drop to replace him. And we have a good young centre back already in the form of Rawson - we don't need to buy one.

The rest of your comment I do however agree with - I would replace the entire front three (Martin included) and a good deal more of the team. I think the only people in that starting 11 I would keep today are Hughes, Bryson, Carson and maybe Keogh. I would also keep Bucco and Buterfield and maybe Weimann at a push as well. We also need to stop buying lots of crappy players for not very much money - one quality player is better than 10 terrible ones.

While Buxton has the right attitude - a lionheart in terms of his passion and devotion to the club - he cannot start on such merit alone, and frankly he's not good enough for promotion. Do you believe, then, that we look to get a quality centre back in and drop one of the current two? See, I think they've done little wrong when they have a competent holding midfielder in fromt of them. Top three priorities:

•Buy new DM

•Acquire new manager

•Sell Johnson and Blackman

•Buy new ST

It could have been 4 or 5,actually.I noticed earlier in the week that those who were posting negative predictions on todays game were getting loads of stick. I had posted weeks ago that we wouldn't make it,and took abuse for it. So in the week I read all of the over-the- top comments about how we were going to smash Hull,and decided to keep out of it,and keep my opinions to myself.

Funnily enough,most of the people handing it out ,are the ones who are first on here moaning about the result and performance,nothing new there. I saw it coming and told many of my mates,who actually agreed with me.So now I can say it. This season has been a shambles,and it comes down to one man our beloved owner and chairman,Mel Morris. He is responsible but unlikely to apologise for his cock-ups. He sacked McLaren appointed Clement,at a critical point of the season sacked him and appointed Wassall. Down the line either him or Wassall decided he was out of his depth and appointed Redknapp as a nursemaid. What the players made of this fiasco nobody knows,but,lets say,it didn't help.

Once again we have blown it. In my opinion we should have stayed with Clement. Its not hindsight I said this in numerous posts at the time.He got results and was heading for the autos.We had a blip,so did all the others,they didn't panic and kept going,we blew it. I have nothing against Wassall,actually I think hes a good bloke,who will do ok at the academy,especially with his recent experiances. I have no faith that our management structure will do better next season,I think they are hopeless,they will pick another failing manager who will assemble another underachieving team.

By the way,we will not get through on Tuesday.  

15 minutes ago, Spenno said:

Awful performance but on the bright side at least when we win we don't embarrass ourselves like the hull fans and their cringingly awkward 'mauled by the tigers' routine!

They don't still do that do they? Campest thing I've ever seen from a football crowd!

5 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

On a side note where on earth was Weimann today? There were no true wingers on the bench today for a squad the size that it is crazy.

Well Weimann's preferred position isn't on the wing much like Blackman. The only natural winger we have is Camara who apparently has done something apocalyptically bad behind the scenes, because he is so far from even being on the bench that he may as well still be in France.

13 minutes ago, SouthernRam said:

While Buxton has the right attitude - a lionheart in terms of his passion and devotion to the club - he cannot start on such merit alone, and frankly he's not good enough for promotion. Do you believe, then, that we look to get a quality centre back in and drop one of the current two? See, I think they've done little wrong when they have a competent holding midfielder in fromt of them. Top three priorities:

•Buy new DM

•Acquire new manager

•Sell Johnson and Blackman

•Buy new ST

I agree Bucco certainly wouldn't be up to the required standard in the Premier League, but he is more than capable in the championship - it was him and Keogh who set that clean sheet record under Mclaren after all. For me I am not a massive fan of Shackell - he might be an alright defender, but I don't see him as a positive force in regards to team morale. I don't really mind Keogh though and Rawson is a good prospect as well - defense would be low on my list of priorities for where we need to strengthen imo.

We definitely need a proper manager in though and we have a lot of  dead weight on our payroll still (Albentosa, Baird, Shotton, Sammon) that we could do with getting rid of. Although maybe a good manager would be able to get the best of the squad he has.

If we do want to get a striker we need to prepared to pay a fair amount like Boro and Burnley did rather than trying to throw small amounts of money at hundreds of players like we diud this season.

Archived