Derby County v Hull City

We need a manager... But I have zero faith in Mel Morris to make the right call, likes to get his cheque book out but wont hire a proper manager to get the best out of them. 

That performance today was a team on the beach ffs, did anyone tell them it was a playoff semifinal?, to go down like that was shameful and I wouldn't miss certain players on our team. 

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is not the fault of the manager if a player cannot pass a ball ten metres. It is the fault of the manager if a team's tactics do not work and the team plays that system. They are doing what they are told. If they know how to play a system and do not play it, it must be the players' fault. If the opposition stop the team from playing that system then presumably that team is better than our team. See Hull City for details. The way that Hull played today was going to require something different for us to win.

1. George Thorne on top form

2. Will Hughes further forward playing his best

3. No mistakes from defenders or midfield

4. Stronger, more robust players

5. Someone who can cross a ball

6. A manager who could change things to get on top and to stay on top as the match progresses.

3 hours ago, Rampage said:

Nobody, G. COY(Championship)R

We are Derby, We are Championship. We have been spared humiliation in the Premiership. We are Derby

I agree. Think we need to forget premier league and stop hoping. It us just two much disappointment. I bet Nigel Clough enjoyed his day

3 hours ago, JaguarRam said:

Just come home. Did I miss anything?

What was the score?

Poor performance today. Reminded me of Cardiff. Hopefully we can go out for the second leg and show some fight and a better performance.

4-0 anyone? Martin owes us a hat-trick

I agree with this. We need to stop thinking of Tuesday as the second leg and think of it as a stand alone match.

Having said that our players don't seem mentally strong enough to come back and I can't see any of the management team having this approach.

We need to just go for it Tuesday although let's face it, we'd just be even more embarrassing in the premier league now than last time

halifaxram

Interesting interview with Clement in The Times today. Says that at the top level, 97% of the players are completely professional, dedicated and prepared to sacrifice, which is why they are there. In The Championship, he says many don't have the commitment to reach those levels, even if they have the technical ability. 

I am wondering if this is a bit of a swipe at his old club, because if it is, I can see what he means.

6 minutes ago, halifaxram said:

Interesting interview with Clement in The Times today. Says that at the top level, 97% of the players are completely professional, dedicated and prepared to sacrifice, which is why they are there. In The Championship, he says many don't have the commitment to reach those levels, even if they have the technical ability. 

I am wondering if this is a bit of a swipe at his old club, because if it is, I can see what he means.

Could say  the same about coaches not understanding their squads......

6 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

Could say  the same about coaches not understanding their squads......

In what sense? Steve Bruce said after that game that he knew exactly how we would play which made it easy for the Hull players. Say what you want about Clement but at the start he tried different formations to stop us from being predictable like today.

Strange thing football. We clearly had our best two performances against Hull this season. The game it really counted and we didn't turn up. May be we could pull another world beating performance out of the hat. I think I'd prefer us to improve next season and get up automatically. Who knows what a good manager could achieve. 

Just now, McLovin said:

In what sense? Steve Bruce said after that game that he knew exactly how we would play which made it easy for the Hull players. Say what you want about Clement but at the start he tried different formations to stop us from being predictable like today.

We would not even been in the play-off with him in charge, next season we need a proper manager, not a coach like Wassall/Clement, nice guys but no up to it.

Clement was obviously not a bad coach or person. If he was he would have been eaten alive and not respected by the likes of Ronaldo and Ibra who aren't afraid to say it as it is. In contrast, both have nothing but admiration for Clement as do other players like Terry and David Beckham. Looking in from the outside it seemed that the derby players were not good enough or determined enough to reach Clement's high standards.

Just now, McLovin said:

Clement was obviously not a bad coach or person. If he was he would have been eaten alive and not respected by the likes of Ronaldo and Ibra who aren't afraid to say it as it is. In contrast, both have nothing but admiration for Clement as do other players like Terry and David Beckham. Looking in from the outside it seemed that the derby players were not good enough or determined enough to reach Clement's high standards.

Brian Kidd was the Clement of 90s, failed in the main job. It is a different game being an assistant compared to a boss, and if Clements thinks you get Ronlado Ibra type players in tier 2 he is deluded

Archived