Ince will tear you apart

catram

16 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Not sure there is anything to be gained by looking back. Around that time I am pretty sure that most Children's Entertainers were reasonably comfortable that they could "kiddie fiddle" to their hearts content, and most parliamentary figures were happy that their tax affairs were strictly a private matter. Even@Jayweb95 accepts now that everything he was posting back them was total sh!te.

His was the only quote I made up, but my posts are meant to be total shiite at the best of times. Even an astute, card-paying, pig-rogering old Etonian Tory like yourself can work it out, so why can't the clever ones?

:p

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, eddie said:

Every now and again I have to look at exactly what people said at the time....

@Ashz09: Hopefully not he was awful at Forest.

@Walsall_Ram: I think it would be a good move. Something to prove too.

@McMuffin: Ince would be good for us.

@North_Stand_Ram: If he finds his form of old he could be absolutely class. If anyone can do it McClaren can

@eddie: (in response to Ash): Means nothing. Chalobah was awful at Forest - went to Boro and ripped us a new one.

@curtains: Good news this as he's a very skillful footballer and has an eye for goal.

@Ambitious: It's a travesty that some people are calling him not good enough for us when he pisses on every single one of our wingers records.

@cheron85: Ince is bang-average...Unless this deal goes through then he's bloody brilliant...

@Derby_EnglandLoyal: Meh

@HenriDCFC: Id like to see him here

@Mostyn6: that's good enough for me.... 

@-JW-: He's crap. Way overrated, and his dad's is a ****

@VulcanRam: Think he'd be a great signing. Someone skillful and creative, someone who makes things happen and worries defenders.

@gazram80: If I had to choose between Ince, Phillips and hoilet. I choose Ince

@Alpha: Noooooooooo Please no. Bring Coutts back. Or Ben Davies. Jacobs!! What about Michael Jacobs? The only people that rate Tom Ince are Tom Ince, Paul Ince, the media and a few Blackpool fans that had a season ticket 100 years ago Selfish player with a famous name and a hype train. Runs in straight lines.

@Penelope Pendrex: Ambitious is totally right here, anyone not wanting him is crazy.

@B4ev6is: Ince is a no from me do not rate ince id rather bennet playing there

@Bris Vegas: I reckon he'd be a solid signing for our style.

@cymru: His loans havent gone well with other clubs by the looks of it   bit worried should be a  better loan out there

@RaphaRam: Should be good, we all know what happens when Notts Forest underachievers come to Derby.

@SalfordRam:Ince in a good team is a very good Championship player.

@YouRams: I wasn't overwhelmed by the link at first but the stat of 25 goals and 20 assists in 60odd games for blackpool is impressive. A few people wrote Bent off before he came and he is answering his critics.

@r4derby: Good stats, I think Ince will be a sound addition if he comes.

@Ahjames08: Is someone Kidding, Tom is a great - single handed kept Blackpool going. If you saw what Steve did with IBE, if Tom joins he will be fantastic and his work rate will up..

@Statham512: Just had a nosy on LTLF the more realistic of their members are worried Ince suits our system well which is true. Which is also basically them admitting were better than them haha

@HenriDCFC: I wouldn't even bother paying 1 mill for him tbh

@Dr. Gonzo: this january has been brilliant if this kid comes too, we've got some serious talent in.

@Derbados: He will be fantastic in our team I have no doubts about that.

@Dimmu: Glad to get Ince.

@i-Ram: Not sure why so many feel a bit Incesecure about this deal. I am not sure he is as technically sound as Dawks, but I think he will offer us more than Wardy

@PGApro: good signing

@Uptherams: He is a great talent. He creates and scores boat loads. He will only get better.

@Jayweb95: Eddie, you are probably the most knowledgeable poster who it has ever been my pleasure to come across on the internet, and certainly the most intelligent. Would you have my babies?

Conclusion:

Whilst you were indeed very much in favour of Ince coming to Derby, I only found about 5 or 6 posters in the first 45 pages who were totally against it. Many were on the fence, but I would say that 75% were in favour.

OO-OO-OO  do me, do me!!!  

Surprised at Mr Positive B4 not wanting him though.  He may be a tactical genius, responsible for turning our season around but it's obvious he's no scout...

4 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

OO-OO-OO  do me, do me!!!  

Surprised at Mr Positive B4 not wanting him though.  He may be a tactical genius, responsible for turning our season around but it's obvious he's no scout...

It takes ages to do a trawling post. I usually concentrate on what the Gumps are saying on Vital or LTLF and do one or two a season for the lulz, and sometimes our more contentious transfer threads highlight one or two 'issues' that people may have. Of course, the odd poster flags up on the radar every now and again who I don't normally notice who deserves to have their own bushel illuminated, so who knows? I might do a series. There are billions and billions of posters to choose from (that's a clue).

38 minutes ago, eddie said:

It takes ages to do a trawling post. I usually concentrate on what the Gumps are saying on Vital or LTLF and do one or two a season for the lulz, and sometimes our more contentious transfer threads highlight one or two 'issues' that people may have. Of course, the odd poster flags up on the radar every now and again who I don't normally notice who deserves to have their own bushel illuminated, so who knows? I might do a series. There are billions and billions of posters to choose from (that's a clue).

I was interested to see what I may have written, as i can remember being excited about it.  Of course if one were so inclined I could have egg on my face...

7 minutes ago, ramLAD said:

Did anybody else see Ince complaining to Shackell about something when Bryson scored the final goal at Hull?

Maybe shackell was meant to bring his wife's compact mirror with him so Ince could check his hair after he headed the ball but shacks forgot?!?! He did actually head the ball about 3 times that game which is his first hatrick of headers in a game in his career lol

11 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I was interested to see what I may have written, as i can remember being excited about it.  Of course if one were so inclined I could have egg on my face...

I think I got to page 48 out of 86, only extractlng the first post per member where an opinion had been expressed, before my brain melted and I gave up. However, I ploughed on over the last couple of hours and, lo and behold, you kept your thoughts very much to yourself and never expressed an opinion one way or the other.

Funnily enough, right at the end of the Ince thread, @top 6 finish suggested going through the thread pulling out posts and exposing those who were negative, but he didn't. If he had, then I would have had a couple of hours of my life back.

(shakes tiny fist).

1 hour ago, eddie said:

I think I got to page 48 out of 86, only extractlng the first post per member where an opinion had been expressed, before my brain melted and I gave up. However, I ploughed on over the last couple of hours and, lo and behold, you kept your thoughts very much to yourself and never expressed an opinion one way or the other.

Funnily enough, right at the end of the Ince thread, @top 6 finish suggested going through the thread pulling out posts and exposing those who were negative, but he didn't. If he had, then I would have had a couple of hours of my life back.

(shakes tiny fist).

H3mPjYP.png

1 hour ago, eddie said:

(shakes tiny fist).

You have faaaaaaaared too much time on your hands son...

34 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

You have faaaaaaaared too much time on your hands son...

I'm not well at the moment. Went down with the bug that kept the Memsahib away from the Bolton match. It's horrible, painful and keeping me off work.

On 11 April 2016 at 16:09, eddie said:

@North_Stand_Ram: If he finds his form of old he could be absolutely class. If anyone can do it McClaren can

@eddie: (in response to Ash): Means nothing. Chalobah was awful at Forest - went to Boro and ripped us a new one.

@curtains: Good news this as he's a very skillful footballer and has an eye for goal.

@Ambitious: It's a travesty that some people are calling him not good enough for us when he pisses on every single one of our wingers records.

@cheron85: Ince is bang-average...Unless this deal goes through then he's bloody brilliant...

@VulcanRam: Think he'd be a great signing. Someone skillful and creative, someone who makes things happen and worries defenders.

@Alpha: Noooooooooo Please no. Bring Coutts back. Or Ben Davies. Jacobs!! What about Michael Jacobs? The only people that rate Tom Ince are Tom Ince, Paul Ince, the media and a few Blackpool fans that had a season ticket 100 years ago Selfish player with a famous name and a hype train. Runs in straight lines.

@Penelope Pendrex: Ambitious is totally right here, anyone not wanting him is crazy.

@cymru: His loans havent gone well with other clubs by the looks of it   bit worried should be a  better loan out there

@RaphaRam: Should be good, we all know what happens when Notts Forest underachievers come to Derby.

@YouRams: I wasn't overwhelmed by the link at first but the stat of 25 goals and 20 assists in 60odd games for blackpool is impressive. A few people wrote Bent off before he came and he is answering his critics.

@Ahjames08: Is someone Kidding, Tom is a great - single handed kept Blackpool going. If you saw what Steve did with IBE, if Tom joins he will be fantastic and his work rate will up..

@Statham512: Just had a nosy on LTLF the more realistic of their members are worried Ince suits our system well which is true. Which is also basically them admitting were better than them haha

@Dr. Gonzo: this january has been brilliant if this kid comes too, we've got some serious talent in.

@i-Ram: Not sure why so many feel a bit Incesecure about this deal. I am not sure he is as technically sound as Dawks, but I think he will offer us more than Wardy

@Uptherams: He is a great talent. He creates and scores boat loads. He will only get better.

@Jayweb95: Eddie, you are probably the most knowledgeable poster who it has ever been my pleasure to come across on the internet, and certainly the most intelligent. Would you have my babies?

Conclusion:

Whilst you were indeed very much in favour of Ince coming to Derby, I only found about 5 or 6 posters in the first 45 pages who were totally against it. Many were on the fence, but I would say that 75% were in favour.

I'm happy with Incey :) my 2nd or 3rd current favourite players. P.S I don't remember comment Meh at all. :ph34r:

8 hours ago, eddie said:

His was the only quote I made up, but my posts are meant to be total shiite at the best of times. Even an astute, card-paying, pig-rogering old Etonian Tory like yourself can work it out, so why can't the clever ones?

:p

I know you like to pigeonhole me Edward but the only thing you are correct on is that I am astute. I have never been a member of a political party, although for a short while was a union member (BIFU). In the last 5 elections I have voted Tory twice and Labour twice, and last year I didn't get off my arse to vote. Never went to Eton, Oxford, or indeed any education establishment of note - unless Hereford Technical College has recently achieved higher status than when I was there in 1978-80.  I have never ever ****** a pig either, but I have had a go at a few ladies in the past who on sober reflection I would agree may not have been good choices.  I mention all these things so that the few who do give any weight to your assertions can have some accurate data as counter balance. Good player Ince if not stuck out wide on the right.

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I know you like to pigeonhole me Edward but the only thing you are correct on is that I am astute. I have never been a member of a political party, although for a short while was a union member (BIFU). In the last 5 elections I have voted Tory twice and Labour twice, and last year I didn't get off my arse to vote. Never went to Eton, Oxford, or indeed any education establishment of note - unless Hereford Technical College has recently achieved higher status than when I was there in 1978-80.  I have never ever ****** a pig either, but I have had a go at a few ladies in the past who on sober reflection I would agree may not have been good choices.  I mention all these things so that the few who do give any weight to your assertions can have some accurate data as counter balance. Good player Ince if not stuck out wide on the right.

As Frank Zappa said, "Everyone in this room is wearing a uniform, and don't kid yourselves".

I just haven't worked out which buttons you have on yours. Also, anyone who apportions any weight to my assertions is an idiot.

It's credit where credits due

he has been really excellent in recent games . 

I particularly like that he always, always looks to get forward whenever he gets the ball 

it would be very interesting to understand what has now got him motivated

personally I don't see it as showboating at times, it's just a show of very high confidence

at times earlier this season his attitude was appalling and he regularly bottled out of challenged, letting his team mates down. And was rightly criticised

it certainly appears that he has a far better relationship and partnership with Olsen than he ever has with Christie, who seems to be reluctant to pass to him half the time

35 minutes ago, eddie said:

Also, anyone who apportions any weight to my assertions is an idiot.

Surely not?

I base my life around your assertions and hang on every word you type- particularly the pearls of wisdom that I use as a kind of moral compass.

7 minutes ago, Rammeister said:

Surely not?

I base my life around your assertions and hang on every word you type- particularly the pearls of wisdom that I use as a kind of moral compass.

One of the few god-bothering things I choose to remember from those days when I was being indoctrinated was from the Sermon on the Mount...

"Do not give what is holy to the Red Dogs...." (a clear reference to letting them have Jamie Ward), "nor give a pearl necklace to swine" (this is basically a warning not to have anything to do with anybody who puts their todger in the mouth of a pig, i.e. you must Vote Labour in all circumstances) - so you may be right.

On 4/11/2016 at 16:09, eddie said:

Conclusion:

A big difference between being over the moon and in favour.

54 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

A big difference between being over the moon and in favour.

True, but players can grow on you. I wasn't over the moon at the appointment of Wassall - but I'm in favour of it because I accepted and understood the reasons. I bet that @Derby_EnglandLoyal worships the ground Tom walks on now.

A lot of people I know are Blackpool fans, and their admiration of Ince very much rubbed off on me over the years - I still think he may play for England because he is still developing. Much of the antipathy towards him was probably because of the occasional abrasiveness and cockiness of his dad and the perceived 'greediness' of Tom - an opinion that is, by and large, unsupported by evidence. He is a great team player as well as a player who can change a game with an outrageous piece of skill.

55 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Ince is our best player in my opinion. Not sure he will ever be good enough to play for England though!

The thing is, you don't have to be good enough to play for England to play for England.

Exhibit 'A'

1413065682779_wps_7_Tom_Huddlestone_Engl

Archived