Ince will tear you apart

catram

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good game today, sometimes feel he tried to showboat a bit too much at times though. 

Aside from on the ball I really liked his closing down today, I remember him creating a good chance by chasing down a header back to the keeper and also remember him winning the ball back right after he lost it. I think this is a great thing he's added to his game!

He has got a lot of stick this season which is mostly harsh, people seemed to expect him to be scoring at the same rate he did last season and although hes had his goal droughts and apparantly doesnt celebrate properly, he has been excellent.

Second highest goal scorer (11) and second highest assists (7) is an excellent return.

11 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

He has got a lot of stick this season which is mostly harsh, people seemed to expect him to be scoring at the same rate he did last season and although hes had his goal droughts and apparantly doesnt celebrate properly, he has been excellent.

Second highest goal scorer (11) and second highest assists (7) is an excellent return.

He get's stick for me because he often looks disinterested for no good reason and he is more than capable of being number one in the goal scoring and assist chart for the league. His weaknesses can easily be overcome. Be more decisive/confident in the final third and be interested more because you can create or score a goal (click) like that. His competitor isn't on the pitch, it's in his head. 

16 minutes ago, SIWY said:

Good game today, sometimes feel he tried to showboat a bit too much at times though. 

Aside from on the ball I really liked his closing down today, I remember him creating a good chance by chasing down a header back to the keeper and also remember him winning the ball back right after he lost it. I think this is a great thing he's added to his game!

The showboating is a good sign at the moment, even if he needs to slow it down if it gets too much, confidence is his game as much as anything.

7 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

He get's stick for me because he often looks disinterested for no good reason and he is more than capable of being number one in the goal scoring and assist chart for the league. His weaknesses can easily be overcome. Be more decisive/confident in the final third and be interested more because you can create or score a goal (click) like that. His competitor isn't on the pitch, it's in his head. 

I think he struggles when confidence is low and when the rest of the team plays poorly. Gotta remember it must be hard trying to make things happen when nothing is working, doubly so if you feel like youre the only one trying.

He can definitley do more, but every player can. 

1 minute ago, Alex W said:

The showboating is a good sign at the moment, even if he needs to slow it down if it gets too much, confidence is his game as much as anything.

I agree it shows he has confidence which is a good sign, he's looking like the player we had signed after his loan spell and not the player Clement morphed him into.

He's getting stuck in and involved too which shows his confidence is improving. At Cardiff he was the only one always finding space and wanting to take the ball even when we weren't playing well, and I think he really took the game to Hull on Tuesday. 

Also I think he seems to be improving by the game. With the amount of chances he's creating at the moment it's only a matter of time before he really puts a team to the sword. Charlton maybe?

24 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

11 goals and 7 assists suggests to me he's fairly interested....

Ince is now playing with the freedom he did last year, but with more of a team spirit than he had earlier. He has been improving game by game since Wassall took over and is currently a joy to watch. I particularly like how he turns and moves up a gear on receiving the ball.

He just needs to make better choices when through on goal and he will be a class act.

19 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I think most of his stats have come from him playing either central or left of the front 3?

Chuffing great player. We're very lucky to have him.

Very lucky to have him, hem just think some don't want to see the workrate he actually puts in, and are quick to jump on the lads back , admittedly I've done it with others in past mind.

Just now, Mafiabob said:

Very lucky to have him, hem just think some don't want to see the workrate he actually puts in, and are quick to jump on the lads back , admittedly I've done it with others in past mind.

Are we still talking about Curtains?

Archived