Ince will tear you apart

catram

The most encouraging thing recently with Ince is his desire to take men on and try to create openings and opportunities because due to Clement's possession based ''safe'' style of play, that side of his game was largely cut out, presumably for fear of losing the ball. However, his dynamism and unpredictability is what made him so lethal last year, we saw how he could create a goal from nothing. It looked for a large part as if Clement had coached the creativity out of him so now, under Wassall, it's reassuring to see him attempting more adventurous football, because even if he does give the ball away on one occaccsion, the next time, it often creates a chance for him or someone else.

Well taken finish on Saturday as well, produced when we needed a goal

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with you all that he is way more suited to the left or drifting into the middle.....

Even though people think it at times he doesnt sulk...he just likes to win and isnt happy if he isnt winning (comes from his dad)......Hes also very much a team player and gets on with all the lads..

Since DW or Arry has switched him he has a new lease of life.......PC sucked the flare out of him with the constant side ways passing at the back etc

On 4/9/2016 at 22:16, Uptherams said:

Really? That's not a good metric. Sounds more like something you would say if you haven't been watching Ince play and just look at stats. How many seconds do you have to be interested to get 11 goals and 7 assists... For large parts of this season he has often stood in space on his heels unmarked sulking. That's not me saying I don't like him or rate him. Heck I was one of very few people who was raving when we first signed him on loan and he hadn't even kicked a ball for us. His return is good but it could be amazing. I would love to know exactly what other people think his downfalls are. Because the people I sit with/near and talk to all think pretty much the same thing. Think he sulks a fair bit, is a bit too indecisive and is capable of more, even when he bags a hat trick or brace. 

He's not Messi mate... Sounds like he'll never be good enough in your eyes.

Just enjoy what he does do for the team rather than always look for the negatives.

23 hours ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Wassall is the first manager we've had in the last 14 months that's actually played him on the left. Tactical genius.

Harry is the first manager we've had in the last 14 months that's actually played him on the left. Tactical genius.:ph34r:

15 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Harry is the first manager we've had in the last 14 months that's actually played him on the left. Tactical genius.:ph34r:

I get that this is a joke, just to be clear, but Wassall was playing Ince on the left before HR came in. 

he reminds me of Christiano Ronaldo in terms of attitude on the pitch.

They could score 3 goals and hit the bar but they'll both be kicking themselves over the miss.

Many times i've seen Ince getting frustrated if he cant produce his magic but he is one of the players in this squad that can produce that moment of brilliance.

Im happy he is back playing well and long may it continue!!!

1 hour ago, Casio said:

Just enjoy what he does do for the team rather than always look for the negatives.

Absolute rubbish. Especially considering how I was one of very few who was over the moon when we first signed him on loan. He is capable of replicating his loan form throughout an entire season. Some of you want to simply settle. If I think a player can get 20 goals in a season then that's what I think and I will 'focus' on the negatives because that's how you improve. In order for Ince to reach that level not much needs to change. He creates enough chances for himself. Like against Bolton and Hull. Should have had another 3 goals. He's playing better than he has been but a properly in form Ince that is full of confidence put's more away. 

Ince under Wassall is better than the Ince under Clement because our style is suited to him 

He's a top player and could play in the prem.. he's one of those players that when he gets on the ball you know something can happen, and the fact he's now more of a team player as well means we have a gem. 

Show him the love and he's immense :wub:

16 minutes ago, Dale The Ram said:

he reminds me of Christiano Ronaldo in terms of attitude on the pitch.

They could score 3 goals and hit the bar but they'll both be kicking themselves over the miss.

Many times i've seen Ince getting frustrated if he cant produce his magic but he is one of the players in this squad that can produce that moment of brilliance.

Im happy he is back playing well and long may it continue!!!

I agree. Very similar mentality. Ince tends to carry the weight of a miss on his shoulders and his confidence levels decline for when his next chance takes place. Goes into a chance thinking I have got to score or make up for the last one when he should be thinking I am going to score. His freekicks are the best indicator of how he is feeling. The right mentality and he wants to take all of them and they are all very good. Not and he isn't fussed if someone else takes it and his efforts are poor. Some players can mess up or not score when they think they should and hold their head up high and can have a laugh. Ince never does this. You won't see him having a laugh or joke about an error or miss. 

I agree with all the positive posts on Ince.

But there is one ingredient in his winning recipe everyone has missed - the return of our Will.

I bet Ince can't wait for him to be back - they were a great combo when Ince was on loan here.

Wemberly, Wemberly, Wemberly!

1 hour ago, Casio said:

Absolutely.... Shame we as fans at times always look for the negatives, I know I'm very much guilty of this.

Looking back you can't change... What you do in the present and now is what matters.... Shame some can't move on from past... Admit and put my hands up I'm like it from time to time.

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

Absolutely.... Shame we as fans at times always look for the negatives, I know I'm very much guilty of this.

Looking back you can't change... What you do in the present and now is what matters.... Shame some can't move on from past... Admit and put my hands up I'm like it from time to time.

It's football. Don't indirectly apologise for having an opinion or criticise others for having one. This kind of protective and coddled rhetoric in this forum makes me wonder how some of you react to opinions face to face that are the complete opposite when discussing Derby County. Just because what is said here get's logged doesn't mean people should hold back on their view, especially if/when they are proven wrong. If we want to play a game of who's the biggest optimist then one person on this forum clearly wins. What next, asking the coaching staff and Darren Wasall to not look for the negatives. There's a big difference between leaving early and booing your own players and staff and wanting to assess the positives and negatives. If someone makes a comment that you think needs to be made or were going to make then it's been written. It doesn't need to be stated again. If someone says Scott Carson is a great shot stopper there is no need for someone else who has read a thread first to also say the exact same thing. They could say it and advance on the comment/opinion or focus on another attribute in a positive or negative light. 

On a matchday one of the most enjoyable things is overhearing the opinions of other fans on the way to the match, leaving, in the concourse or in the stands. Right from the one you completely agree with to the absolute bonkers one's. The people who think we are going to win 5-0 and those who think we will lose. Those that think 4-1 down at half time can still be overcome or those who think even though we are winning we will still lose. 

1 minute ago, Uptherams said:

On a matchday one of the most enjoyable things is overhearing the opinions of other fans on the way to the match, leaving, in the concourse or in the stands. Right from the one you completely agree with to the absolute bonkers one's. 

Really does highlight how boring we were under Clement. Eye opening stuff. Thank god for Wassall. 

Just now, SaintRam said:

Really does highlight how boring we were under Clement. Eye opening stuff. Thank god for Wassall. 

Boring and safe. All things considered up until two weeks before he was given his marching orders we were a solid side. But as you point out, we were boring and the football wasn't great. There has been a catalyst in the last two games. A full fit Bryson playing alongside Russell and Martin again being told by Wassall to press and to not just play it safe and simple along with putting Ince on the other side of the pitch. On the face of it the changes are small compared to the outcome. 

3 hours ago, Uptherams said:

Absolute rubbish. Especially considering how I was one of very few who was over the moon when we first signed him on loan.

Every now and again I have to look at exactly what people said at the time....

@Ashz09: Hopefully not he was awful at Forest.

@Walsall_Ram: I think it would be a good move. Something to prove too.

@McMuffin: Ince would be good for us.

@North_Stand_Ram: If he finds his form of old he could be absolutely class. If anyone can do it McClaren can

@eddie: (in response to Ash): Means nothing. Chalobah was awful at Forest - went to Boro and ripped us a new one.

@curtains: Good news this as he's a very skillful footballer and has an eye for goal.

@Ambitious: It's a travesty that some people are calling him not good enough for us when he pisses on every single one of our wingers records.

@cheron85: Ince is bang-average...Unless this deal goes through then he's bloody brilliant...

@Derby_EnglandLoyal: Meh

@HenriDCFC: Id like to see him here

@Mostyn6: that's good enough for me.... 

@-JW-: He's crap. Way overrated, and his dad's is a ****

@VulcanRam: Think he'd be a great signing. Someone skillful and creative, someone who makes things happen and worries defenders.

@gazram80: If I had to choose between Ince, Phillips and hoilet. I choose Ince

@Alpha: Noooooooooo Please no. Bring Coutts back. Or Ben Davies. Jacobs!! What about Michael Jacobs? The only people that rate Tom Ince are Tom Ince, Paul Ince, the media and a few Blackpool fans that had a season ticket 100 years ago Selfish player with a famous name and a hype train. Runs in straight lines.

@Penelope Pendrex: Ambitious is totally right here, anyone not wanting him is crazy.

@B4ev6is: Ince is a no from me do not rate ince id rather bennet playing there

@Bris Vegas: I reckon he'd be a solid signing for our style.

@cymru: His loans havent gone well with other clubs by the looks of it   bit worried should be a  better loan out there

@RaphaRam: Should be good, we all know what happens when Notts Forest underachievers come to Derby.

@SalfordRam:Ince in a good team is a very good Championship player.

@YouRams: I wasn't overwhelmed by the link at first but the stat of 25 goals and 20 assists in 60odd games for blackpool is impressive. A few people wrote Bent off before he came and he is answering his critics.

@r4derby: Good stats, I think Ince will be a sound addition if he comes.

@Ahjames08: Is someone Kidding, Tom is a great - single handed kept Blackpool going. If you saw what Steve did with IBE, if Tom joins he will be fantastic and his work rate will up..

@Statham512: Just had a nosy on LTLF the more realistic of their members are worried Ince suits our system well which is true. Which is also basically them admitting were better than them haha

@HenriDCFC: I wouldn't even bother paying 1 mill for him tbh

@Dr. Gonzo: this january has been brilliant if this kid comes too, we've got some serious talent in.

@Derbados: He will be fantastic in our team I have no doubts about that.

@Dimmu: Glad to get Ince.

@i-Ram: Not sure why so many feel a bit Incesecure about this deal. I am not sure he is as technically sound as Dawks, but I think he will offer us more than Wardy

@PGApro: good signing

@Uptherams: He is a great talent. He creates and scores boat loads. He will only get better.

@Jayweb95: Eddie, you are probably the most knowledgeable poster who it has ever been my pleasure to come across on the internet, and certainly the most intelligent. Would you have my babies?

Conclusion:

Whilst you were indeed very much in favour of Ince coming to Derby, I only found about 5 or 6 posters in the first 45 pages who were totally against it. Many were on the fence, but I would say that 75% were in favour.

Not sure there is anything to be gained by looking back. Around that time I am pretty sure that most Children's Entertainers were reasonably comfortable that they could "kiddie fiddle" to their hearts content, and most parliamentary figures were happy that their tax affairs were strictly a private matter. Even@Jayweb95 accepts now that everything he was posting back them was total sh!te.

18 hours ago, Uptherams said:

Boring and safe. All things considered up until two weeks before he was given his marching orders we were a solid side. But as you point out, we were boring and the football wasn't great. There has been a catalyst in the last two games. A full fit Bryson playing alongside Russell and Martin again being told by Wassall to press and to not just play it safe and simple along with putting Ince on the other side of the pitch. On the face of it the changes are small compared to the outcome. 

Pretty certain Clement didn't fancy Bryson maybe because he weren't one of his big buys. Don't think he d have been as involved as much had Clement still been here now

1 minute ago, Statham512 said:

Pretty certain Clement didn't fancy Bryson maybe because he weren't one of his big buys. Don't think he d have been as involved as much had Clement still been here now

All of pre-season and then first game Bryson appeared to be Clement's favourite midfielder. Kept trying to play him when he was recovering too and he kept getting re-injured. 

15 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

All of pre-season and then first game Bryson appeared to be Clement's favourite midfielder. Kept trying to play him when he was recovering too and he kept getting re-injured. 

Played and scored at Fulham then didn't appear again in Clements reign without injury confirmed

Archived