Ince will tear you apart

catram

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

11 goals and 7 assists suggests to me he's fairly interested....

Really? That's not a good metric. Sounds more like something you would say if you haven't been watching Ince play and just look at stats. How many seconds do you have to be interested to get 11 goals and 7 assists... For large parts of this season he has often stood in space on his heels unmarked sulking. That's not me saying I don't like him or rate him. Heck I was one of very few people who was raving when we first signed him on loan and he hadn't even kicked a ball for us. His return is good but it could be amazing. I would love to know exactly what other people think his downfalls are. Because the people I sit with/near and talk to all think pretty much the same thing. Think he sulks a fair bit, is a bit too indecisive and is capable of more, even when he bags a hat trick or brace. 

28 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Really? That's not a good metric. Sounds more like something you would say if you haven't been watching Ince play and just look at stats. How many seconds do you have to be interested to get 11 goals and 7 assists... For large parts of this season he has often stood in space on his heels unmarked sulking. That's not me saying I don't like him or rate him. Heck I was one of very few people who was raving when we first signed him on loan and he hadn't even kicked a ball for us. His return is good but it could be amazing. I would love to know exactly what other people think his downfalls are. Because the people I sit with/near and talk to all think pretty much the same thing. Think he sulks a fair bit, is a bit too indecisive and is capable of more, even when he bags a hat trick or brace. 

Funny where different people sit and have different views, people around me absolutely adore him and see him as the main threat to do something if a game is there for the taking.

Funny how I've used stats to back a point up but you've said its not a good metric to view it from... But thinking he "sulks" a little is a fair point... 

Could have had a hat-trick today, and played very well.

Looks like he's at it and enjoying it again. Long may it continue, because I've gone whole games without seeing him produce a thing this season. 

Credit to Ince, credit to Wass, but I can't help wonder how much 'Arry has to do with it.

I want to see us  and Ince keep this kind of football going away now.

48 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Curtains?................................Lord of the rings!

Back of the net.

He's a quality player and I feel he had a good game today. His decision making is questionable, and his set pieces were garbage. But if they'd been better he'd have scored a hat trick and assisted a couple. He's like most of our forward players in that given a few lessons, more work etc, he could play at the highest level no bother. 

11 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Funny where different people sit and have different views, people around me absolutely adore him and see him as the main threat to do something if a game is there for the taking.

Funny how I've used stats to back a point up but you've said its not a good metric to view it from... But thinking he "sulks" a little is a fair point... 

You just appear to be ignoring the actual points I am making. Never said people don't adore or rate him. The reason why we think what we do is because we see him as the main threat. Hence why I think that he can top the charts for goals and assists in the league. Of course it isn't a good metric in relation to the context. Just like passing accuracy says nothing about the type of passes a player is making.

The specific point is qualitative and not quantitative. 

He looks like a completely different player on the left. On the right he just cut inside and went for a shot. It became so predictable that defenders could easily counter him, and it also meant that his teammates stopped looking for space because they knew he wouldn't pass it to them. He also seemed to bottle every challenge.

On the left he goes both ways, finds space better, actually tries to win tackles and looks to pass the ball. On the left he's one of the best players in the division. 

The number of games a player has scored in can be a better measure of their impact/performance than the number of goals they've scored.

Ince has scored in 8 (same as Butterfield) of his 39 appearances this season, whereas last season he scored in 8/18.

Martin has scored in 13/42, whereas the previous 2 seasons it was 20/51 & 17/42

You could score 12 goals in a season, 4 hattricks, but if you've offered nothing in the other 42 matches then it doesn't really count for much.

59 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

He looks like a completely different player on the left. On the right he just cut inside and went for a shot. It became so predictable that defenders could easily counter him, and it also meant that his teammates stopped looking for space because they knew he wouldn't pass it to them. He also seemed to bottle every challenge.

On the left he goes both ways, finds space better, actually tries to win tackles and looks to pass the ball. On the left he's one of the best players in the division. 

Been saying this all season and also same with Weimann but he still not once played on the right where he played premier league football.

18 hours ago, thelovebelow said:

Maybe Harry is our new bald Eagle. I seem to remember them being very good friends. 

Arry and Jim were a regular feature on South today as they tore up the local football clubs.

Arry took Jim to 3 jobs as his assistant. Pompey (twice ) and Southampton. 

They both turned an unhealthy shade of vermilionas they imbibed various shady chairmens money away ☺

On 4/9/2016 at 22:01, EnigmaRam said:

Even when we were playing crap he's was always trying to make something happen. He's just mr cool and not into all the 50 yard sprint and dives to celebrate a goal that's so uncool!!!

At least he isn't doing the knee slide, that sh**s been done to death...

Now he's being given the licence to roam and get more involved he's getting back to the player we signed instead of the player PC told to stand on the byline 40 yards from goal...

Archived