Ince will tear you apart

catram

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Animal is a Ram said:

Just need to be in the Premier League to have any chance of even being thought of.

It's a shame really, because there's some players in the Championship who may never see the prem, who's playstyle wouldn't suit the prem, who'd be able to do a job at international level.

Maybe not playing against teams like Germany, but most of your games in International football aren't against the best teams in the world, they're against scrappers. 

1 hour ago, eddie said:

True, but players can grow on you. I wasn't over the moon at the appointment of Wassall - but I'm in favour of it because I accepted and understood the reasons. I bet that @Derby_EnglandLoyal worships the ground Tom walks on now.

A lot of people I know are Blackpool fans, and their admiration of Ince very much rubbed off on me over the years - I still think he may play for England because he is still developing. Much of the antipathy towards him was probably because of the occasional abrasiveness and cockiness of his dad and the perceived 'greediness' of Tom - an opinion that is, by and large, unsupported by evidence. He is a great team player as well as a player who can change a game with an outrageous piece of skill.

I agree. Which is why I have focused on his downsides. It was a very short list. Some players are just natural goalscorers and creators. That's Ince for me. He could be awful for 89 minutes but then will create himself or someone else a clear chance. After being put on the other side of the pitch, he appears to have a new favorite move. Shaping to shoot and dragging the ball past the defender with his left foot. It's Wassall's job to continue to build his confidence again and to keep it. Opponents should be terrified of an in form Derby core of Ince, Martin, Russell, Bryson, Hughes and Thorne. 

Some in the past have said Ince has an attitude problem. They would have to be more specific because to me sulking after being tackled or not scoring or standing on your heels from time to time isn't an attitude problem. It's him focusing on his mistakes when he doesn't need to. 

I hope he makes it into an England shirt alongside a couple of other Derby players. 

7 minutes ago, Simsy said:

To be fair we (England) have struggled for a quality CDM so that's probably why he got his chance! That said I would have him here at Derby on a Free this summer ;)

Huddlestone? Have you seen him this season? 

Hull fans want him gone and don't understand why Bruce is playing him

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Huddlestone? Have you seen him this season? 

Hull fans want him gone and don't understand why Bruce is playing him

I've watched him in both games this season when we have played, and he has been totally statuesque. The old Tom isn't there any more. Maybe he could be found, but he isn't at Hull.

6 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

I agree. Which is why I have focused on his downsides. It was a very short list. Some players are just natural goalscorers and creators. That's Ince for me. He could be awful for 89 minutes but then will create himself or someone else a clear chance. After being put on the other side of the pitch, he appears to have a new favorite move. Shaping to shoot and dragging the ball past the defender with his left foot. It's Wassall's job to continue to build his confidence again and to keep it. Opponents should be terrified of an in form Derby core of Ince, Martin, Russell, Bryson, Hughes and Thorne. 

Some in the past have said Ince has an attitude problem. They would have to be more specific because to me sulking after being tackled or not scoring or standing on your heels from time to time isn't an attitude problem. It's him focusing on his mistakes when he doesn't need to. 

I hope he makes it into an England shirt alongside a couple of other Derby players. 

I saw Ronaldo sulking last night too. It's not a bad attitude problem to have, is it?

7 minutes ago, eddie said:

I saw Ronaldo sulking last night too. It's not a bad attitude problem to have, is it?

No. But when Ince is topping the charts for goals and assists I will no longer be bothered by it. Because that is where I think he could quite easily be. Bryson is the opposite player for me in terms of mentality. Can miss a chance but won't think twice about it, especially when his next chance occurs. 

Archived