Breakfast with Mel and no Bacon or Sausages!

Day

2 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Haha, hilarious. Seen someone explain their opinions on the meeting... Who was very critical, you don't like what he says. And you accuse him of towing the party line.... 

What next.... 

Or someone disagrees with what has been posted by those in favour of Mel's Plan or want things clarified and they're told they are either dumb or awkward or nit-picking or raising trivial points ie why don't you just stop asking questions?!

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Or someone disagrees with what has been posted by those in favour of Mel's Plan or want things clarified and they're told they are either dumb or awkward or nit-picking or raising trivial points ie why don't you just stop asking questions?!

Not saying you ask questions... But seeing as you've repeated adfinitum your position regarding this and making up your mind about posters who went, and then saying you've not read through a " long thread"  Expect the response you are getting... Good day 

The Derby way though commendable is virtually impossible to implement and sustain  IMO, however more than this I have a horrible feeling that the phrase Derby Way will haunt us for a long time with piss taking from the general football community but more especially them red dogs down the road. 

4 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

The Derby way though commendable is virtually impossible to implement and sustain  IMO, however more than this I have a horrible feeling that the phrase Derby Way will haunt us for a long time with piss taking from the general football community but more especially them red dogs down the road. 

I disagree. The only way it is failing is when you pick the wrong head coach, I know that's a biggie, but the rest of it will be geared to ensure the right coach will succeed.

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I disagree. The only way it is failing is when you pick the wrong head coach, I know that's a biggie, but the rest of it will be geared to ensure the right coach will succeed.

That's my point its massive to get that structure right not just a biggie you are cutting down the odds of succeeding. DCFC is in my blood I want it to work but it won't, book mark it.

We are all passionate about our beloved club, but something is very wrong here.

A new owner who is a passionate fan takes over Derby County, buys the club and sacks the coach who has been the best thing at Derby for a decade. He installs an inexperienced coach, gets most of the fans to buy into the hype of he's been at Real Madrid, PSG and Chelsea.

The owner after one dreadful team performance enters the dressing room and has a rant at all the players, and actually sees no wrong in it, after all he is the owner.

So now he has undermined the coach and poorer performances continue and eventually owner sacks the inexperienced coach because of not playing the 'Derby way' and using the two previous seasons as an example of what he expects from a team performance, but hang on a minute the owner sacked that coach as well?

So we now have another coach in charge, one who again has no experience but has run the kids well in the youth academy, but hey he'll do everything I want him to do, so he will be in charge till the end of the season.

But now the natives are becoming restless so we will set a PR exercise [they bought the hype last time] and I will convince them I am right.

It will be Mel's way or no way at all.

For all the owners cash, he still cannot buy a win, but that doesn't really matter anyway -as its the performances all that matter.

3 minutes ago, toddy said:

A new owner who is a passionate fan takes over Derby County, buys the club and sacks the coach who has been the best thing at Derby for a decade. He installs an inexperienced coach, gets most of the fans to buy into the hype of he's been at Real Madrid, PSG and Chelsea.

The owner after one dreadful team performance enters the dressing room and has a rant at all the players, and actually sees no wrong in it, after all he is the owner.

So now he has undermined the coach and poorer performances continue and eventually owner sacks the inexperienced coach because of not playing the 'Derby way' and using the two previous seasons as an example of what he expects from a team performance, but hang on a minute the owner sacked that coach as well?

So we now have another coach in charge, one who again has no experience but has run the kids well in the youth academy, but hey he'll do everything I want him to do, so he will be in charge till the end of the season.

But now the natives are becoming restless so we will set a PR exercise [they bought the hype last time] and I will convince them I am right.

For all the owners cash, he still cannot buy a win, but that doesn't really matter anyway -as its the performances all that matter.

He arranged it weeks ago, it wasn't after Clement was booted

25 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

are you a Derby fan? or one of those visitors who support another team?

Close to 50 years, so I have seen the good and bad in that time.

I bought into the hype when Mel took over, but a bit like the Clement appointment, now I am starting to regret it.

9 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

however more than this I have a horrible feeling that the phrase Derby Way will haunt us for a long time with piss taking from the general football community but more especially them red dogs down the road. 

Have the same feeling, we've already seen Paddy Power and national media pick up on it , won't be long till we start hearing chants in the stands from away fans, given what has happened over the last 3 seasons now the timing couldn't be worse for "The Derby Way". 

It's ridiculously cringeworthy but I really like the idea behind it if we can pull it off as others have, who doesn't want to see players come through the club, given a chance, playing entertaining attacking football on the pitch without splashing millions and flirting with FFP and winding up orders? just keep the codename for it in the boardroom with the management only.

1 minute ago, Ewe Ram said:

So he was wrong to sack SM? The man who engineered a spectacular collapse? Oh I see. :angry:

You're not the only one having your buttons pushed today then :lol:

7 minutes ago, toddy said:

Was arranged weeks ago... That's one theory blown out of water

35 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

In answer to your silliness... Has the tea lady ever coached or played professional football? Just intrigued as I'm not as privy to that info as yourself obviously here.

She spoke a good game.

1 minute ago, Daveo said:

Have the same feeling, we've already seen Paddy Power and national media pick up on it , won't be long till we start hearing chants in the stands from away fans, given what has happened over the last 3 seasons now the timing couldn't be worse for "The Derby Way". 

It's ridiculously cringeworthy but I really like the idea behind it if we can pull it off as others have, who doesn't want to see players come through the club, given a chance, playing entertaining attacking football on the pitch without splashing millions and flirting with FFP and winding up orders? just keep the codename for it in the boardroom with the management only.

The phrase actually pre-dates Mel's ownership. I went to a forum just before Christmas last season where McLaren used the phrase several times. He seemed to mean it as something more like 'being a professionally run community club with integrity which put supporters first', though. 

5 minutes ago, toddy said:

Firstly Mel wasn't owner and not allowed to make decisions when McClaren was sacked, interestingly, he said he'd have done it sooner, but was outvoted. That decision was a group decision.

Secondly, Clement was also a group decision, recommended by another member of the then board, Morris made the decision to sack him though.

Thirdly, if you care to read this thread, the dressing room visit has been discussed to death, Mel is aware of people's thoughts on that issue. It was a one-off, and perhaps highlights the lack of effectiveness in Clement's management. Also, it wasn't ONE dreadful performance, was it?!?

Fourthly, now matter how resentful or jealous you are, the PR exercise was arranged weeks ago! I never went on the last one, and I doubt, unless Mel asks for me by name, I will go on the next one(s). This wasn't 'set' to convince the restless natives, no matter how cynical you are!

Interesting that you claim to be a Derby fan, I genuinely wondered if you was a Forest lad on the Wind up.

Archived