Brentford vs. Derby County

AmericanRam

1 minute ago, et arietem said:

Yes I agree Ramos, it's something different and might be just what we need. the Magic Touch? COYR ?

Who knows what it will bring, but I don't see the point in moaning about stuff that hasn't even happened yet. We might turn out to be crap today but we can complain about it if it happens. On twitter there was nothing on the DCFC timeline, line up is announced and within two minutes 60 tweets all moaning about something in the line up. Hope we go 3-0 up in the first ten minutes and watch them all delete their tweets. 

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, WilkoRam said:

Have no issue with that lineup at all. The downer people have on players, the same players we loved not so long ago amazes me. The same time we're suggesting they weren't fit enough and gym equipment was removed and the tactics were negative. Let's give the players the benefit of the doubt for now especially the likes of Russell who has been great for us for two seasons. 

I just want to see some quick passing and pushing up.

Problem is, quick passing (at least in the way we played it under McClaren) relies on 2 wingers to stretch teams and create space, and the centre forward to drop off and link up with the midfield. With that lineup, we have a left winger with no pace, a right winger who's massively out of form and a striker who spends more time offside than anything else.  My biggest issue with Clement was that he seemingly had no idea how to pick a tactical plan, and then pick a team of players to follow through on it.  Wassall seems to be falling into the same trap.

I'm not overly confident with the team selection, but hopefully i will be proved wrong. Imo if we play bent I personally think we need to be playing Ince as well - I also don't know what we still refuse to play Camara despite the fact he is one of the few recognized wingers we have in the team. It is good to see Hanson get a chance though.

14 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I couldn't argue with my vigour who to play, therefore I'm just accepting it and waiting for the outcome. 

2-1 loss. 

I stopped playing Championship Manager too.

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

It comes to something when Derby fans are celebrating Martin being dropped.

It's things like that what really grate me. He's been our top goalscorer for the last few years and now he's scapegoated as useless. 

Toxic isn't strong enough to describe what we, as fans, are. 

A bit strong. He has basically been playing on his own against 4 defenders for most of the season.

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

That's an interesting team to say the least! 

Bent plus Ince for me always. Will Bent be any less isolated than Martin in that line-up? 

I hope Russell and Johnson find their form - they've been given a big vote of confidence today. COYR! 

Bent plus Ince for me always? Cuz that's always worked well. It's those two that ruined our squad. Maybe one day they'll come good, maybe today? Let's hope so

Cant please all the people all the time 

Last week at least three players were utterly abject - everyone knows who they are. They don't deserve a place until their attitude/performance changes. And yet two of them have kept their place. So you could understand some calls to discard these guys and bring in the younger players. Personally I'm delighted Hanson is playing - he puts most of the rest to shame. But no doubt some will be critical as I hear the Radio Disney crew currently are in discussing it

And overall it is interesting how some of the more senior players don't seem to have had the personal pride and wherewithal to grab the rest by the scruff of the necks and force a performance, irrespective of their views towards the club.

7 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

It comes to something when Derby fans are celebrating Martin being dropped.

It's things like that what really grate me. He's been our top goalscorer for the last few years and now he's scapegoated as useless. 

Toxic isn't strong enough to describe what we, as fans, are. 

The thing that I notice first, skimming through this sort of thread, are the posters who actually rate themselves highly as managers and coaches, can look at the side selected today and come to an immediate conclusion that the people actually in charge don't have a clue what they are doing.

I can only imagine that the team is picked each week based on how the squad has trained and with acknowledgement that certain individuals are either carrying injuries or are low on confidence or energy.

We cannot know what goes on behind the scenes.

It's not the team I would have picked but I'll be delighted if it works.

12 minutes ago, angieram said:

That's an interesting team to say the least! 

Bent plus Ince for me always. Will Bent be any less isolated than Martin in that line-up? 

I hope Russell and Johnson find their form - they've been given a big vote of confidence today. COYR! 

I used to be an Ince believer too Angieram. But my view has changed following the MK game. On numerous occasions he was opening shirking from challenges and not doing enough to anticipate the rest of the game. In other words, he wasn't trying. It doesn't matter how good their potential is, or how they might on occasion  be able to conjure something from nothing. If they don't try, there is no place for them. Players like that drag down the rest of the team and there should be no place for them. Everyone is better off if they are kept well away from the team and indeed the club until their attitude changes.

And then there's Bent. How many chances does he need ? For someone who has played at his level for so long, surely he can be relied on to understand the offside rule and act accordingly. Its simply unacceptable how that doesn't happen , every time he plays. Happy for him to have a start today to prove me wrong, I would be only too happy. But surely he has to take one of these chances soon for him to be kept being given them.

21 minutes ago, peachmyster said:

Well I'm not happy with this team no Bryson  no ince I can understand bent but ince should be playing just behind bent and Johnson on the wing we have no creativity who a joke also we razza on the bench who is a winger get ready for hoof ball wassell has not got a clue let's hope this is his last game I charge not happy 

I must have slept through all of this Ince creativity this season.

Butterfield offers much more.

10 minutes ago, eddie said:

The thing that I notice first, skimming through this sort of thread, are the posters who actually rate themselves highly as managers and coaches, can look at the side selected today and come to an immediate conclusion that the people actually in charge don't have a clue what they are doing.

Get off your high horse . You just don't like other opinions to yours. We judge players, tactics, performances all the time when we are at a game and that's all it is ( nothing to do with thinking themselves manager ). Of course managers and coaches NEVER make mistakes !

Anyone who has seen Derby's last few matches could easily ask why Russell is playing again to day or why Bryson is getting a run in the side.

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I must have slept through all of this Ince creativity this season.

Butterfield offers much more.

Agreed.

Ince has only performed in fits and starts this season.

Archived