• Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Carson

Christie Keogh Shackell Olsson

Thorne(Hanson if injured)

Bryson   Butterfield

Blackman Bent Camara

Might as well. Although it all depends on what names come out of wassals hat.

i usually stick up for Martin but no way should he be played just doesn't seem like he can be arsed. Putty a big offer didn't come in for him last summer. With all the money we have wasted his year could have got McCormak. Watched Fulham game before I went to that shower of **** and the amount of effort he puts in. Different level to Martin. Just think the effort he would have put in playing for a team chasing promotion.

What about Bent's 20 minutes today, regardless of how Martin played, made you think he deserves a start next week? I mean, I love to see attacks break down due to an experienced forward being offside as much as the next fan, but what else is he bringing to the table?

59 minutes ago, Anon said:

What about Bent's 20 minutes today, regardless of how Martin played, made you think he deserves a start next week? I mean, I love to see attacks break down due to an experienced forward being offside as much as the next fan, but what else is he bringing to the table?

Nothing, the fact he isn't the player he was in the mid to late 2000s.

The way I feel at the moment it makes no difference who we go with. If we're lucky we'll get some sort of result but I can't see a good performance coming from anywhere.

One things for sure - Russell and Ince wouldn't be anywhere near my starting eleven!

1 hour ago, Anon said:

At least Bent would make the effort to get in behind the defenders unlike martin who flops on the floor.

For Brentford I'd go 

Carson 

Christie  keogh   shackell   Olsson 

Butterfield  Thorne (if fit)

Blackman       Ince        johnson    

Bent 

Back four bar Christie looked steady today but no real competition for him at right back . I'd play a more defensively minded central midfielder next to the creative Butterfield!  Ince looks so much more comfortable centrally than on the wing , Blackman because russell really hasn't done much lately then bent for Martin up front , seems to have a little understanding with Ince!  

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

The trouble is though that Bent gets behind the defenders before the balls been played and ends up offside.

The problem is not with Bent but with the players behind him not spotting his runs which are excellent and releasing the ball quick enough, Will could and did last season but we are talking about player who has played at the top level and one who will.The two who are likely too at the moment are Thorne and Butterfield who has been our best midfield player for weeks and is likely to get a goal too.

Based on today's performance and assuming Wassall wants to stick with 442 i'd try:

Carson

Christie       Keogh           Shackell       Olsson 

Calero         Thorne           Bryson       Camara

Bent        Blackman

I have just concluded 3 things

1) We might as well not bother until hughes gets back. 

2) At least Brentford are in a similarly poor spell like we are so we might only lose 1.0. 

3) It's basically a free hit from now until the end of the season for Wassell the worse he can do is keep us in the league. 

Archived