Brentford vs. Derby County

AmericanRam

53 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Well Olsson is definitely starting today

I don't like this personally, a lot of people are pretty pissed right now over him being dropped, as of right now we don't know if he's been dropped or injured. They did train on Friday so there is a chance he could be injured.

My issue is either you are giving Brentford a tactical heads up, whilst you can argue he wouldn't have even started anyway so it doesn't matter, what happens when a player like Ince, makes a similar tweet?

2pm the team sheets go out anyway so it's not like it would come as a great surprise but minimise the time they do know what team they will be facing, no point giving them an extra couple of hours.

Unless it's public knowledge you are out injured then I don't think players should be tweeting like this.

Might just be me here making a mountain out of a mole hill, to be honest it's a small mountain as I'm not raging or anything, just saying me no like this.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, RicME85 said:

Aye saw that. Not the first time he has tweeted 'my turn comes soon' when hasnt been involved. Get the feeling he is wondering why he has swapped the top half of the table in Lique 1 for not getting in the squad in the Championship.

Could be wrong, but its one of those signings where you just get the feeling he's not going to be given even a chance to show what he can do on the pitch properly and will be off on loan come the summer. I hope I am wrong as I would like to see him at least get a chance seen as he is actually an out and out winger!

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

I get the same feeling. Hopefully it's not the case, as whether you agree with his signing or not, he's here now and needs a chance. 

Certainly, he has been given 5 minutes here and there in the league, nowhere near enough to show us what he is capable of. Blackman, Weimann etc are not wingers and have had plenty of time to be effective out wide, but it just does not suit them. If he plays a couple of games and it turns out he isn't great, at least we gave him the chance. 

1 hour ago, Daveo said:

I don't like this personally, a lot of people are pretty pissed right now over him being dropped, as of right now we don't know if he's been dropped or injured. They did train on Friday so there is a chance he could be injured.

My issue is either you are giving Brentford a tactical heads up, whilst you can argue he wouldn't have even started anyway so it doesn't matter, what happens when a player like Ince, makes a similar tweet?

2pm the team sheets go out anyway so it's not like it would come as a great surprise but minimise the time they do know what team they will be facing, no point giving them an extra couple of hours.

Unless it's public knowledge you are out injured then I don't think players should be tweeting like this.

Might just be me here making a mountain out of a mole hill, to be honest it's a small mountain as I'm not raging or anything, just saying me no like this.

Me neither. He may as well as have just tweeted "@BrentfordFC hi I'm not playing today" and even if he wasn't playing or in the squad, shouldn't he be travelling anyway? I thought all senior players travelled to all senior games? Hughes, Bryson etc were there not long after their injuries.

58 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Just cause he's having a coffee with someone doesn't mean he's not playing does it?

He's in a cafe at gone 11am in Ormskirk near Southport, so yeah it does mean he's not playing. Not sure why he's not in London regardless. He's a DCFC senior player and should be with the squad whether he's injured, dropped or whatever.

9 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Certainly, he has been given 5 minutes here and there in the league, nowhere near enough to show us what he is capable of. Blackman, Weimann etc are not wingers and have had plenty of time to be effective out wide, but it just does not suit them. If he plays a couple of games and it turns out he isn't great, at least we gave him the chance. 

I'd like to see those again with competent attacking support from left back. 

My advice to the manager and his team would be to stick to the plan and not to panic

Last week the team selection was fine and for 70 minutes I was perfectly happy with the performance. There was every chance at that stage we were going to go on to win.

But then we (i.e. the manager) totally panics, makes a couple of disastrous substitutions, totally throws away the structure and game plan of the team and, lo and behold, we get beat. Quite hard to understand why its so difficult for people who have been at the highest level of the game for years and years to  see that if you don't stick to the team structure and keep your shape, you will totally confuse the players (as well as yourself) , lose momentum and, in all likelihood, lose a game you should have won.

Why do we have to make things so complicated and difficult for ourselves ?

7 minutes ago, ValeRam said:

My advice to the manager and his team would be to stick to the plan and not to panic

Last week the team selection was fine and for 70 minutes I was perfectly happy with the performance. There was every chance at that stage we were going to go on to win.

But then we (i.e. the manager) totally panics, makes a couple of disastrous substitutions, totally throws away the structure and game plan of the team and, lo and behold, we get beat. Quite hard to understand why its so difficult for people who have been at the highest level of the game for years and years to  see that if you don't stick to the team structure and keep your shape, you will totally confuse the players (as well as yourself) , lose momentum and, in all likelihood, lose a game you should have won.

Why do we have to make things so complicated and difficult for ourselves ?

i think it was because bryson and hendrick were completely knackered,he had no choice...see the unfit squad posts elsewhere on the forums where dw said as much

My team would be 

Carson

Christie        Keogh                   Bucko      Ollson

Thorne

Hendrick                Bryson

Russell                                            Butterfield

Martin  

As they would play as a team and in the Derby Way    

5 minutes ago, sage said:

My team would be 

Carson

Thorne

Martin  

butterfield on the left?! Swap him for Camara and take out one of either Hendrick or Bryson for Butterfield as they lack creativity

11 minutes ago, sage said:

My team would be 

Carson

Thorne

Martin  

For today? Thorne's still injured.

Archived