Brentford vs. Derby County

AmericanRam

4 minutes ago, ValeRam said:

And then there's Bent. How many chances does he need ? For someone who has played at his level for so long, surely he can be relied on to understand the offside rule and act accordingly. Its simply unacceptable how that doesn't happen , every time he plays. Happy for him to have a start today to prove me wrong, I would be only too happy. But surely he has to take one of these chances soon for him to be kept being given them.

Christ on a bike! Bent being offside is down to the slow bullsh!t football we are playing. He makes the runs and the rest of the players either dont spot him or dilly dally on the ball before making the pass by which point he is offside.

Anticipate the run and bang it up to him.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know what our best midfield is atm but i am pleased that Hanson is in for Thorne.He's looked ok there and seems to be an able deputy for George. Trying to fit players in just because they are expensive annoys me more than it should.

If it works, we play well and win, then I totally agree with DW's line up.

If it don't work I won't be on here to read the wristslashing cos i'll be pished at the Beer fest!

6 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Johnson and perhaps Bent are the only ones I don't get right now. Johnson more than any other. Why have we bought Camara?

Like many of Clement's signings, the random pin selected the 'final piece in the jigsaw', perhaps?

I like the fact that Wass is trying to change things. How successful he'll be I don't know, but I'm encouraged. 

Johnson can't be as bad as he was last week, surely? Russell is much better suited to the wide role, and I'm happier with the 433.

13 minutes ago, RicME85 said:

Christ on a bike! Bent being offside is down to the slow bullsh!t football we are playing. He makes the runs and the rest of the players either dont spot him or dilly dally on the ball before making the pass by which point he is offside.

Anticipate the run and bang it up to him.

Right, I think I understand

bent does his own thing, doesn't worry about timing a run, then it's everyone else's  fault when it doesn't work ?  Being able to stay onside doesn't come into it at all

Yup. Got it now thanks 

Hanson in. Thank god! If you step back and look at that lineup in that formation, and its potent. You have a solid playmaking defensive mid in Hanson and 2 creative attacking mids in Butter and Hendrick. Then you've got beastly wingers with a poacher up top, and added to our solid defence with 2 good wing backs. Whatever happens it won't be easy for Brentford. Its brave from Wassall, so for that reason I like it in spite of Ince and Bryson out.

16 minutes ago, DRBee said:

Get off your high horse . You just don't like other opinions to yours. We judge players, tactics, performances all the time when we are at a game and that's all it is ( nothing to do with thinking themselves manager ). Of course managers and coaches NEVER make mistakes !

Anyone who has seen Derby's last few matches could easily ask why Russell is playing again to day or why Bryson is getting a run in the side.

Getting ready to boo?

You have watched some of the best forwards in the game before havent you? They make their moves independent of the rest of the team to create space for themselves and the other players pick them out.

Standing around bouncing off defenders and waving your arms around in a sulk whilst the rest of the team make slow sideways passes isnt how goals are scored.

1 minute ago, needles said:

I like the fact that Wass is trying to change things. How successful he'll be I don't know, but I'm encouraged. 

Johnson can't be as bad as he was last week, surely? Russell is much better suited to the wide role, and I'm happier with the 433.

Didn't Clement change the lineup/formation every other week? He even changed the captain several times. 

38 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Bent plus Ince for me always? Cuz that's always worked well. It's those two that ruined our squad. Maybe one day they'll come good, maybe today? Let's hope so

Sorry Phil, what I meant was if I was bringing Bent in, I would leave Ince in the team as well. 

Personally I prefer Martin but I am increasingly in the minority on that one. 

Archived