Trump ( the fart )

Ovis aries

People are seriously considering this guy, really...surely alienating the electorate would make him impossible to vote for?

31 minutes ago, AmericanRam said:

I certainly will not vote for him.However,a lot of people I know says they would.

None of the main contenders for the Presidency as it were have blown me away.Hillary Clinton? Nope.

Not really any good candidates from my perspective.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was flipping channels today and stopped for a moment on Sky News.  This fellow was in the studio, an English guy and he was talking about Trump and his call for banning Muslims from entering the US.  He kept going on about some British law about hate speech and those found guilty of it being banned from entering the UK and i thought to myself, does this fellow not realize the hypocrisy of proposing banning somebody from entering the UK because that fellow wants to ban a group of people from entering the US and my conclusion was no he probably doesn't.  i found that simultaneously worrying and hilarious.

So he wants to reduce immigration immensely, build a Great Wall to keep the "enemy" out and put a lid on free speech by 'sorting out the Internet'.

Are we sure he's not trying to emulate China?

To begin with, he was like a racist buffoon who you just laughed at, but a worrying number appear to be listening - that is the real concern.

I still believe Ted Cruz will beat him to become the person who loses to Hilary...

I'm actually petrified of this lunatic having his finger of the button.  And before everyone says it will never happen, just remember Bush Jnr.  Bar New York, Chicago, and the West Coast, America is mostly full of God fearing inbreds who'll vote for the person who stirs up the most patriotic rhetoric.  We're doomed...

Apologies to @AmericanRam if you don't live in the above mentioned areas ;)

3 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I'm actually petrified of this lunatic having his finger of the button.  And before everyone says it will never happen, just remember Bush Jnr.  Bar New York, Chicago, and the West Coast, America is mostly full of God fearing inbreds who'll vote for the person who stirs up the most patriotic rhetoric.  We're doomed...

Its not "mostly full" of them at all. 

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

I know what you mean. It conjures up the President storyline from "The Dead Zone" film for me too.

Marco Rubio seems to be the favourite with the bookies to get the Republican nomination. 

Trump is second. I must admit he is entertaining....although the fact that he seems to have plenty of genuine support is alarming.  The most outrageous Trumpism for me so far is    ' The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive'.  Imagine if he was at the Climate Conference in Paris! 

9 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

So are a lot of Muslim people's countries of origin though x10. Hence Trump.

Trumps solution is drastic. But the more people put their head in sand about the rise of Islamism then the more appealing Trump will be. Banning people because of their religion makes me feel queasy and is incredibly illiberal. However idealism often takes a backseat to practicality. 

Obama can't even name the enemy. Is it any surprise Trump is popular?

Archived