Trump ( the fart )

Ovis aries

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Funny how the majority right wing press didn't report this.... Will include the few lefty ones too... http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/muslim-anti-isis-march-not-covered-by-mainstream-media-outlets-say-organisers-a6765976.html

I thought about posting that link on here yesterday, but I thought it would be ignored by those who really needed to read it.

I love the irony of the mainstream media condemning the mainstream media for not covering it. The organisers of the march say the media stayed silent and all the papers point the finger at each other using it as ammo to discredit other media sources, despite the fact they didn't cover it either. Mad.

I'd also say the headline is misleading. It wasn't an anti-ISIS march. It was a customary event they hold every year. And the organisers decided to make it political. And by the professionalism of the signs it looks as though the organisers made and dispersed the signs as well. So a load of Muslims didn't decide to congregate specifically to condemn ISIS (and do a poor job of it - ISIS are Muslims people, deal with it!). 

I wonder if anybody actually bothered to notify the press? I can't think why the mainstream press would cover an annual minority religious event. But to not notify the press and then cry 'Islamophobia' when the press don't cover the thing that wouldn't ordinarily be covered anyway? Ah!

8 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

That's nothing, its only a matter of time before Corbyn is personally responsible for the rise of Al Qaeda, Isis, the Twin Towers, London 2007, Stalin, Adolf Hitler, the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand and Simon Cowell.

He should never be forgiven for Simon Cowell.

3 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Looks like a rubbish protest to me. A couple of hundred people? Big deal.

Show me 25,000 - 30,000 Sunni muslims denouncing IS and I might be a little more convinced.

A small group of Shia muslims showing their distaste for a Sunni group is neither here nor there.

Trump says that parts of this country are a no-go area for the police

Two policemen post anonymously that they have been told not to wear their uniforms when off-duty

It makes the front page on some of the more rabid right-wing papers.

Numbers, eh?

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

Trump says that parts of this country are a no-go area for the police

Two policemen post anonymously that they have been told not to wear their uniforms when off-duty

It makes the front page on some of the more rabid right-wing papers.

Numbers, eh?

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't police supposed to not wear uniform off duty anyway?

Two of them? Out of the whole of the Met? An organisation not known for its liberal views. 

And this is held up as solid proof that we are on the edge of the abyss?

Brilliant.

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't police supposed to not wear uniform off duty anyway?

Two of them? Out of the whole of the Met? An organisation not known for its liberal views. 

Brilliant.

One was supposed to be the Met, the other one was supposed to be from Manchester.

Now if it was people in Liverpool living in fear of their hubcaps....

:D

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Brilliant.

I've always been told I shouldn't really wear my uniform outside of the army reserve centre. It's probably mainly because I just look like a bit of a ****. 

9 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

I've always been told I shouldn't really wear my uniform outside of the army reserve centre. It's probably mainly because I just look like a bit of a ****. 

That's been the case for years.  My brother had similar instructions about 30 years ago...

8 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

So any fearing for life from Islamic extremists is unfounded and only comparable to fear of the IRA? Well that's alright then :huh:

Who has said that?

For me, the point is that demonising an entire religion based on the actions of one group is a quicker route to the collapse of society.

I for one am not going to be consumed by hate and paranoia.

25 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Who has said that?

For me, the point is that demonising an entire religion based on the actions of one group is a quicker route to the collapse of society.

I for one am not going to be consumed by hate and paranoia.

Because I'm led to believe that's why soldiers were told not to wear their uniforms in public 30 years ago.

If you mean Trump then he might be paranoid if his drastic solution is anything to go by. I'm not too sure about hate. I don't know what evidence there is for Trump hating Muslims.

And he isn't demonising an entire religion. Profiling, which is essentially what Trump has proposed,  is controversial but it's not demonising an entire religion/ethnic/group/race/gender/whatever. And to say it is is to just lack nuance, to polarise the issue as bigots vs non-bigots and refuse to understand why somebody might think that's a good idea. Ironic coming from somebody who doesn't want to see an entire group demonised. You've just demonised people who believe in profiling, whatever their reasons might be, as paranoid and hateful.

8 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Because I'm led to believe that's why soldiers were told not to wear their uniforms in public 30 years ago.

If you mean Trump then he might be paranoid if his drastic solution is anything to go by. I'm not too sure about hate. I don't know what evidence there is for Trump hating Muslims.

And he isn't demonising an entire religion. Profiling, which is essentially what Trump has proposed,  is controversial but it's not demonising an entire religion/ethnic/group/race/gender/whatever. And to say it is is to just lack nuance, to polarise the issue as bigots vs non-bigots and refuse to understand why somebody might think that's a good idea. Ironic coming from somebody who doesn't want to see an entire group demonised. You've just demonised people who believe in profiling, whatever their reasons might be, as paranoid and hateful.

You simply assumed I was talking about Trump.

It is not a lack of nuance on my part but on the part of people that take pronouncements of Trump and demagogues like him as a call to arms.

Trump knows this is the likely outcome.

3 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

You simply assumed I was talking about Trump.

It is not a lack of nuance on my part but on the part of people that take pronouncements of Trump and demagogues like him as a call to arms.

Trump knows this is the likely outcome.

Yes I did.

Trump may well be playing up to the religious nuts in the Deep South in order to get votes, funnily enough a bit like how political parties here (particularly Labour) play up to the Muslim communities for their (block) votes.

It will be interesting to see what Cruz and Carson's response is during the debates I presume they'll be having. Defending Islam in reaction to Trump may well not be popular among many voters.

Archived