Christmas - The Things I Love

ramsbottom

Just to offer a yang to @Mostyn6's ying I thought I'd offer a list of all the things I like about the festive period.

- The good old christmas songs, Slade, Wizard, Crosby, Sinatra et al.

- The look on my lad's face when he unwraps the thing he's he's been going on about for at least 6 months.

- It's an excuse to eat a ridiculous amount of sumptuously unhealthy food.

- It's an excuse to drink a ridiculous amount of sumptuously unhealthy booze.

- Fit birds in Mrs Santa outfits.

- Buying the Radio Times once a year to circle stuff you want to watch/Sky+.

- A whole ten days off work.

- Being genuinely surprised when your Mrs gets one present absolutely spot on.

- The fact that for a few short hours everyone tries their best just to be a tiny little nicer to each other.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Getting your nuts out

Emptying your sack

Stockings

Oh my god! No presents for you. You're on the naughty list. 

Wearing my Christmas jumper. It's been yanked from the bottom of the drawer today, complete with its jingly bells 

I love

Buying gifts

Giving gifts

Getting gifts

The Christmas food

Traditions

Visiting the graves of my grand parents and other family

Christmas songs

Candles

Snow

Kids being so excited

Opening the advent calender

Chocolate

Christmas beers

Sending cards

Getting cards

Being together with my family

Having so many days off from the work

23 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

That feeling of relief when the brussel sprouts pass through and the relatives piss off home on Xmas day, and you realise to have no-one to entertain but yourself right upto New Years Eve.

F..t.f.y :D

42 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Listening to "Fairytale of New York" over and over and over again....the best Christmas song ever by such a long way and one of the best songs in general. 

You scumbag , you maggot , you cheap lousy faggot , Happy Christmas , you arse ,

and pray God it's our last ..

Pure class ..:D

Getting the Christmas Radio and TV Times used to mean the start of Christmas to me as a kid....but delivering them used to mean the start of a hernia...!

As a youngster the best thing about Christmas was getting cards with kisses wrote in them from girls at school...and then getting to claim them..!

Spoiler alert......for anyone under the age of 16 (to be safe) please stop reading now......

the best Christmas I ever had was the year that Mum and Dad decided to tell me that Santa wasn't real because they were scared I would spoil it for my little sister (who was 2 years younger than me and we had already had the conversation that neither of us believed in Santa anymore but didn't want to spoil it for mum and dad) so they bribed me with the offer of a Raleigh Super Burner, a bean bag AND Galaxy Invader handheld electronic game.....so I kept my mouth shut.... even at such a young age I was playing the parents like a cheap fiddle.... ha ha... thanks Mum....thanks Dad....one day I will tell them this story.... maybe.

Putting the tree/decorations up. Wrapping presents for everyone. Holiday (got 2 weeks off this year), Christmas dinner, games in the evening, turkey sandwiches for tea, the overall atmosphere that takes me back to my brilliant childhood...thanks Mum and Dad x

I remember one year I'd asked for an Atari ST, come Xmas eve there was a massive box under the tree with my name on. 

Once parents had set off for the pub Xmas eve, carefully unwrapped the present only to find a computer chair! 

Gutted, I wrapped it back up and went to bed in a huff, when opening it the next day exclaimed my suprise, my dad explained that they couldn't afford the computer, so they'd bought me the chair so I'd be comfy when they could afford it in a few months, hopefully!

Then he told me to go and make my bed, for the 1st time in his life, went stomping upstairs and made my bed, only to find the computer under the duvet!.

Best Xmas ever, thanks to sneaky parents!

Having a conversation last night with a mate & he said they weren't sure whether to have duck or goose on Christmas day.

I realise that roast turkey isn't the tastiest of meats but to me, it wouldn't be Christmas day without it & it's the only day of the year we would have it. It's a childhood memories thing & christmas lunch to me is about roast turkey & sausage meat stuffing, with homemade pate starter. The only time I've been to someone else's house (as an adult) for the lunch, we had chicken - which just wasn't special and felt wrong to me.

I'm cooking lunch for 7 this year and I love Christmas eve - doing all the food preparation stuff, so making Christmas day as easy as possible.

Totally agree wolfie, we are going out for Christmas dinner this year to a seafood buffet, I am gutted...!

even as a 20 year old loving on my own for the first time I had a turkey, it worked out amazingly too, I finished work Cheistnas Eve morning, decided to cook the bird, banged it in the oven and it was done for 12. Took it out and went and met all the lads for a pre Christmas beer....when I returned a good few hours later with a bag of chips I took a few slices it turkey and ate it with my chips...another great Christmas memory, chips and turkey on Christmas Eve, it felt so grown up making major decisions for myself like when I am allowed to eat the Christmas turkey. 

Archived